// teaser : autumn winds.

TEMPT!TOUCH // apply open
 
teaser!
AUTUMN WINDS.  CREDIT
The gracefully slender figure stood on the edge of civilization and woodland, his blackened wings collapsing into their natural hold against the curve of his back comfortably. Platinum-colored eyes studied the orange hue of the sky, signifying the passing of another day and the upcoming resurrection of the moon.
 
A slight quirk of nostalgia for his brothers and sisters of the day filled him before Angelis shook the thoughts from his head and walked on into the woodland.
 
For any human, finding the hideout of monsters would have taken years, if ever. For the beasts of the night, so familiar to the scent and appeal of their home, memory served well to guide the way.
 
Before he opened the door, loud voices of jubilance could be heard, and the angel paused before twisting the handle only to grin to himself at the familiar racket being made by his brethen. When inside, they only became louder in an effort to greet him. His small frame was picked up, squeezed, even cradled at some point by one of the shifters — they were visually a blur, but he could smell the scent of wet dog off of a couple of them.
 
"Alright, alright," he finally called out with a chuckle, trying to seem annoyed. "Put me down. Why do you guys always get so excited when I've only been gone since morning?"
 
"Why do you always leave instead of sleeping with us? What's the point of the big bed if people don't sleep in it?" Daemon asked with the slightest tilt of a brow.
 
Angelis stayed quiet a moment to look as if he was genuinely thinking it over before casually replying, "I don't feel like waking up and smelling like dog and faerie dust."
 
Cane, Lupis, and even the fox scowled at their friend, appalled. Kihyun, on the other hand, chose to pick up one of his books and hurl it at the angel's head. He then beamed in satisfaction when he succeeded to hit him. " off. I'm a warlock, not a faerie. And you should be the one to talk with your pretty little wings."
 
Kihyun ducked his head when the book was tossed back at him violently, the others laughing at the savagery.
 
"FIGHT! FIGHT!" The pack of animals called out excitedly.
 
Daemon's black eyes shifted towards a quiet Poten, who was sitting in the corner of the room with furrowed brows as he gazed out of the window. "What is it?" The question did well to silence the others as all turned to the hybrid.
 
Slowly pulling himself out of his daze, Poten opened the window and the corner of his lips curled up when a breeze greeted him before anything else. "It's here."
 
Immediately defensive, Cane tensed up and bared his sharper set of teeth with a low growl emitting from the back of his throat. Daemon gently his hand through the hellhound's hair to calm him, and the growl softly quieted.
 
"Autumn winds," was all the hybrid replied, closing the window again.
 
Clapping his hands in excitement, Lupis was the first to jump up with a wide smile playing on his lips. "Does this mean we can go hunting?"
 
"You just ate." Vulpis glanced up at the other in confusion.
 
"No, not for food! For—"
 
"Something to play with," Daemon finished, black eyes brightening at the thought. "We can, right, Poten?"
 
The hybrid let his eyes wander over the monsters in front of him, resisting the urge to chuckle. Why did they always ask him? There was no leader in the group...officially, anyway. Getting up, he allowed his smile to appear on his lips. "Let's go."