Chapter 17

Love like ours

 

Who is it, really?

Hi guys. I'm so sorry for not updating for so long... I was so busy doing other things that I always forget to write and update! I'm so sorry ._. But I promise, I will update everyday... IF I CAN! ._.

here's a recap... I know you've forgotten what happened already ._.

----

*Phone conversation*

“Hello?”

“Gui Gui, are you with Ya Tou now?”

“Uhm, yes. Why?” I asked.

“Do you remember the night you called me to say that you haven’t chosen anyone yet?”

Why do you have to bring it back? Psh. “Yes, why?”

“Well, Ya Tou called me too and said ‘I love you.’ It didn’t sound like Ya Tou though. Can you ask her who called me that night? I might actually know the girl because her voice was familiar, but I couldn’t bring myself to completely remember.”

What? You’re the guy Xiao Xun called that night? You are Xiao Xun’s almost-boyfriend? Oh god, are you kidding me? My relationship was going okay and now, you’re trying to ruin it again?

Jealousy ran through my veins. “Okay, I’ll ask her. Bye.”

“Wait, hello? Hello?” I heard him say, but I didn’t bother asking him what else he had to say.

*End of phone conversation*

END OF RECAP..
----

I fell to the ground after hanging up, and the girls approached me swiftly.

“What’s the matter?” Xiao Man asked.

Should I tell them?

“Oh nothing,” I replied.

“NOTHING?” Ya Tou exclaimed. “You fell just because of nothing! Who called you, Gui Gui?”

What should I do? I can’t tell them! Not yet. What should I do, what should I do? “Ha!” I forced myself to laugh. “Gotcha!”

The girls laughed loudly, I could see they were relieved.

Xiao Man and Ya Tou left a few hours later. I thought about what we did and I remembered nothing. All I could think of was Xiao Xun and… Him. The thought of them being together—I couldn’t take it. Should I talk to him about it? Should I tell Xiao Xun I already know her almost-boyfriend? What shall I do?

------

“Gui!” Ya Tou yelled from across the room.

The class has ended yet I’ve learned nothing. I recalled the teacher calling my attention though; she did that twice or thrice? I don’t know. All I know was I kept on thinking about them—Xiao Xun and him, the whole day.

Ya Tou, Xiao Man, and Xiao Xun approached me. I haven’t seen them the whole day!

“Hey, have you decided to be a nerd like Xiao Xun now?” Xiao Man exclaimed and Xiao Xun sent her a death glare. “You haven’t been with us the whole day. If this was your house, I could say that you’ve been locking yourself in your ‘room’ the whole day!”

Xiao Xun laughed at Xiao Man’s lame joke. “Yeah. What’s with you?”

“Nothing. I was just thinking about…” Before I could continue, Wang Zi stepped inside the classroom. I stood up, gathered my things, held Wang Zi’s wrist and led him out of the classroom.

The girls looked at each other as if saying ‘What’s with her? Did they fight again?’

I released his hand as soon as we were out of the classroom. I walked and Wang Zi followed me, without any questions. We walked for a long time but I still didn’t know where to go so I just settled into sitting on the bench in front of the High School Building.

After a few moments, I’ve decided to confront him. “Wang Zi.” I called his name.

“Is this about yesterday?” Wang Zi asked, looking at me. “Are you angry with me? I’m sorry I was busy and couldn’t spend time with you yesterday. It’s just that…”

I cut him off, “No Wang Zi, I’m not mad at you. It’s not about you being busy. I just wanted to think.”

“Think about what?” Wang Zi held my hand charily.

“Think about some things.” I muttered, looking down. How could he be so considerate? “It’s not even about you, Wang Zi.”

“You can still tell me even if it’s not about me, Gui.” Wang Zi circled his finger on my hand. “Please tell me. What is it about?”

“It’s…” I hesitated. “Aaron.”

I paused and looked up, facing him.

“I’ve decided to go out with Aaron.” I felt guilty so I looked down again.

Wang Zi looked surprised. “How could this be not about me, Gui Gui?” He looked mad.

“I’m sorry.” Tears came running down my face.

“Are you… Are… you…” He stuttered. “Are you breaking up with me?” He guffawed with sarcasm.

I was surprised to see his reaction.

“Please don’t.” Wang Zi whispered. He looked like he was on the verge of crying.

I was even more surprised to see him that way.

“Of course I’m not!” I cried out. “I will just talk to him.” I moved towards him and embraced him firmly. “I am so sorry I made you feel bad. I didn’t mean to, really.”

He lightened up and returned my big embrace. “No, I understand Gui Gui. I’m sorry for being overly dramatic.” He chuckled.

“No no no. I’m sorry! Aren’t you mad? You should be!” I retorted

“No, I’m not.” He answered. “I know that it’s hard for you to pick between us. And I know that restricting you to come and meet him would make things harder for you.”

I gave him a kiss and said, “Thank you, Wang Zi. I love you.”

“I love you too, Gui Gui.” He replied.
------
After all the drama I gave him, he still drove me home. I kept telling him I’m sorry but he said he’d get mad if I continue saying sorry, so I stopped. I felt stupid for making him feel bad just because I was confused and baffled about Xiao Xun and Aaron. I could have accepted the way I acted if he was Xiao Xun’s almost boyfriend—which he is not. If I should act that way with someone, it should be with Xiao Xun. She didn’t tell me that she used have an intimate relationship with Aaron. And that guy! I thought he loved me? I should really talk to him.

“You want to meet right? Let’s meet tomorrow at the café near your house. 10am sharp.” I sent him a voicemail. I didn’t want to talk to him because I’m afraid I might not control myself.

---

lol. SOOOO WANG ZI ISN'T XIAO XUN'S ALMOST-BF! LOL. It's Aaron. lol

Okay, I know it's weird to have YaXun here... since they've never been linked... but lol. I'm sorry if you guys hate it. lol

3 comments before I update!

-MKL