Part Five: Beauty & The Beast.

I'm Sorry, I Love You.

Part Five: Beauty & The Beast

~ ~ ~

 

I kick my feet, the dirt splashing up in front of me like water. My head hangs low to my chest, as I watch my black Converse step over the rocky pathway back towards the hall. The white rose still clinging in the back of my mind. I purse my lips, as the ground becomes lit by the windows of the hall. I look up at the building, squinting slightly at the bright lights creeping out the large cathedral windows. I continue to walk, past the front doors and around the side, knowing I’m not in a state ready enough to return to the bustling party.

My eyes follow the tree tops guidance in the shadows below me. I turn my head as an open door catches my attention. I walk to the door, sliding it open a few inches more. I peer my head around, gazing into a large room, lit by a few candles and the moonlight through a large cathedral window. I walk in slowly, my steps just barely echoing against what seems to be marble flooring. I look around at the setting, smiling I think to myself. “Donghyuk! It’s perfect!” her voice sounds ecstatically. I run up to the large extravagant staircase upon the far wall from the doors. I look at the large steps leading to a large window. Brass finishes glimmer as the moon seeps through the tall glass panel. I prance up the first set of stairs, before skipping my way up to the right when the steps fork in both directions. “It’s perfect” her voice repeats. I stand at the top of the case, a smile just resting over my lips. I tug on my vest, and fix my collar. I glide a hand over my pushed back hair and take in a deep breath, I clear my throat and begin walking. I take each step slowly. Finally I reach the level before the steps meet together. I pause. The lighting is rather blue from the moon. Flickers of light shine on the floors from candles. I reach my hand out in front of me as if reaching for something, someone. I walk down the second set of steps to the main floor. I look towards the doors, and let out a sigh. “A tale as old as time” she speaks, her voice soft and full of content. I head to the center of the large ballroom floor, I look up at the large chandelier above me. “Yes my beauty, a tale as old as time, beauty and the beast” I speak to myself. I smile. “A tale as old as time” my voice raises with joy. “A TALE AS OLD AS TIME” my voice echos within the tall ceilings. I spin in a circle, my arms stretched out in front of me. My own boyish giggles are all to be heard. “A tale as old as time” I speak, dropping to the cold floor. I lay, my arms sprawled out to the sides. I exhale, letting out the last of my blissful giggles. “Oh Madisen, my beautiful angel” a tear runs down my cheekbone, falling to the floor. I raise my one hand out above me. “Beauty and the beast” I chuckle. I continue to laugh closing my hand into a fist as if holding onto something fragile. “A tale as old as time~” I sing the melody to the classic Disney song. My voice ridden with a sense of delight but also laced with sorrow. “Beauty~” I continues through my tears which now flow from my eyes. “And the beast~”

~ ~ ~