Not Anymore

Maybe Tomorrow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

title: not anymore

characters: soyee and haebin

context: non au; predebut

length: 756 words

 

 

 

Haebin sighs as she glances at the girl who is sitting still alone at the corner of the practice room. She takes in a few deep breaths, jittery to be alone with the girl, while her eyes are amazed at her back view nonetheless. 

Haebin knows how she feels towards her. It did take her a while to realise and accept, but that was some time ago and now all Haebin wants is to be by her side through thick and thin and shower her with affection every moment she's alive. 

Haebin did notice that she's always alone, that she seldom opens herself up to everyone. She does mingle with the rest when all the trainees are together hanging around before, after or in the midst of their practice sessions, but she doesn't speak. She maintains a shy smile, that once in a while widens when she releases small chuckles perhaps when someone has once again done something funny or is talking about an interesting situation.

Today, she's also alone. But Haebin can tell, from the way her head is sunken, the way she hugs her knees, that something is different. Haebin reads that something is wrong, and she wants to correct it.

Taking in another deep breath, she throws all caution and wills herself to stop hesitating. She takes a brave step forward to make her way towards the lonely girl.

As Haebin does so, she turns around to face her, her hair swiftly drifting along, and their eyes meet.

Haebin halts her step. She wonders if she'll lose all courage now.

"Haebin unnie?" she calls out with a slightly puzzled expression. There is a frown on her lips. Her eyes are tense and watchful towards the unexpected presence. Haebin sees the tears staining her fair, rosy cheeks. 

"Sojinnie," she replies and man

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter