Chapter 3.

The Girl in White Summer Dress Called Tiffany

The day went by normally, well, except for the encounter with Tiffany, that crazy girl. Taeyeon tries to forget about that particular girl.

When the clock exactly hit 5 o’clock, Taeyeon instantly get up from her desk and pack all her belonging, preparing to go home.

She then remember to buy few things for dinner and for ginger’s necessity.

Taeyeon hums a few song’s line she always listen to while she walks toward the elevator’s door.

 

“What should I cook today..” her little finger press the down button. “Chicken…? Pasta? Hm..”

She steps in when the doors opened for her.

And again, the door open in 4th floor. A bunch of people swarmed in and Taeyeon had to squeeze between the wall and  lot of people in the back of the cubicle. She then took a swift of a known perfume’s scent. Aish.. this person again.

“Taeyeon”

“Tiffany”

“Glad to meet you again under this circumstances.”

“I can’t be more happier” said Taeyeon sarcastically.

­and suddenly the door opened again in 2nd floor, instead of getting emptier, the elevator even let out a sound, letting everyone know that it’s too full. More people get in and Taeyeon had to press her tiny body into the cold wall. Her cheek even touched the metal wall.

While the door tries to close, she feel a warm body getting closer to her back. The scent almost makes her wants to throw up because the too close proximity. The warm breath on her neck starts to makes her feel suffocated.

“Sorry, Tiffany, can you step back a little. I can’t breathe”

“Unfortunately, I can’t. it’s too packed” Tiffany rest her hands on Taeyeon waist, not even care to consider the latter’s personal space, and step closer.

“You’re too close for my comfort”

“I know”

 

After long period of torture, the elevator’s door finally opened in ground floor. All the tired workers flood the elevator lobby like hungry hyenas.

“Ehem..” Taeyeon let out tiny cough. “Can you please get out”

“My car is in the basement 3rd

Damn.

“You?”

“Me too”

“Great”

“At least can you just step back from my personal space??”

“I like this closeness. Do you mind?”

“Of course I mind, you little psycho”

“Okay then” Tiffany turns Taeyeon’s body towards her. Taeyeon froze. Their face is too close, she even could count how many fake eyelashes Tiffany use. Or how her eyes travel to Taeyeon’s lips as Taeyeon’s eyes travel south past the collarbone.

The elevator rings and open it’s door. Tiffany took one step farther and Taeyeon almost immediately run to her car. She fumbled with her bag, trying to find her car keys. Her eyes wandering to search Tiffany’s presence. What is she doing.

After a while, she finally found her keys. Press the button, light the ignition, and drove off like crazy person.

 

--

 

Tiffany open her red car’s door. She sigh and look in to rearview mirror, looking at Taeyeon’s back view as she fumbled with her bag. Why do I even do that.

When she look the brunette drove off, she turn on her car’s engine and drove off slowly. She wonder why she act that way. It’s not like her to take the first step in pursuing a cute girl. It’s not like she interest too in that girl. Well, she’s interested, but not like she wants to date her. She wants to get close to the tiny, cute girl but not like this fast.

There’s this strange feeling when she feels like they’re connected. Like they’re understand each other. Like she’s been hurt like she is. Tiffany open her sport car’s hood, looking into the distance, reaching out the window, feeling the evening’s warm wind touching her skin.

Her destination isn’t her home.

She doesn’t acknowledge her apartment as her home. Home is where your heart belongs to, people said. Tiffany’s heart? She’s not even sure where it’s belong. Maybe it’s in her dad’s home, in US. Or maybe it’s in the heaven, where her mother is right now.

It’s been 6 months since her departure from US. She cannot continue live there. Too much baggage. Her previous relationship makes her fleet the country. Her ex-girlfriend try to bring her down by spreading false rumor. Even her close friends believe that wench. Her social life messed up and her business fall apart too.

Her dad couldn’t bear to watch his precious daughter suffers, so he makes her to go to South Korea, where her mother was lived. She cannot be more thankful towards her parent.

This corporation is one of the branch her father has. He wants her to manage it instead of letting her making her own business because he just doesn’t want her daughter to suffer anymore.

Tiffany enter as manager because she doesn’t want to work too much in the first year in Korea. She wants to just enjoy things and try to heal as a human.

 

Well, Tiffany makes up her mind. What’s better than spending night drinking alcohol.