D-Day

Dear Pretty Girl

At 3.00 pm there she came, she entered the café with a sweet smile on her face. She greeted, as always, the waiter who was near the entrance who happened to be Minhyuk. The eyes of the other male customers following her as she made her way to the counter. ‘This is it’ Kihyun thought his heart was hammering hard inside of him. He was really nervous whenever she’s around. He carefully placed the folded paper he was holding earlier inside his pocket. When the girl was already in front of him he smiled at her and then, “Hi, one Vanilla Sweet Cream cold brew, take out right?”

 

She looked up at him with large brown eyes, her gaze soon softens and returned a smile immediately, “Yes please and one croissant. How’d you know what I’m going to order if I’m not mistaken it’s your first time taking my order. Hmm am I wrong?” Kihyun chuckled before giving a reply, “You may not remember it but I was the first one to take your order when you first came into our café,” he smiled sweetly at her while punching her orders in the monitor in front of him, he didn’t answer the question directly because he was too embarrassed to admit that he monitors her order every time through Minhyuk. “Oh right! I remember now! You were pretty clumsy that time,” she laughed at him which made him flush, “Really? Sorry though it was my first time serving someone pretty like you.” It was the girl’s turn to blush, “Ok stop flirting already we’ve got more work to do. A line’s starting to form behind Ms. Pretty already.” Kihyun nudged Wonho causing the male to laugh out loud. Kihyun secretly glanced at the lady starting in front of him who had her face covered to hide her blushing face.

 

Suddenly Minhyuk appeared beside the female customers making her jump in surprise, “Ah Minhyuk-sshi you scared me.” She placed a hand over her heart trying to calm herself down. “Oh sorry, sit down first while waiting for your order it’s going to take a while.” Kihyun mouthed a thank you to Minhyuk while he drags the girl out of Kihyun and Wonho’s sight. Minhyuk grinned like a freak then raised a peace sign to his friend in return.

 

☕️ ☕️ ☕️ 

 

Kihyun carefully took the folded paper out of his pocket and grabbed the paper bag off the counter. He slowly walked towards the table where Minhyuk and the girl was sitting. “Oh your order’s here, I’ll leave you two for a while.” Minhyuk wiggled his eyebrows at the girl who blushed immediately. After Minhyuk left Kihyun cleared his throat and handed the paper bag to her, after getting her order she stood up from her sit and bowed thanking Kihyun with a smile on her face.

 

“Wait I forgot to give this to you.” Kihyun looked away when he extended his arm with the small piece of paper in his hand. “O-h okay,” she shyly reached out for the paper. She was about to flip the paper when Kihyun hold her hand making her jump in surprise, “Oh sorry, sorry. Don’t open it now. Look at it when I’m not around, it’s too embarrassing if you check it out now.” Kihyun run a hand through his hair before looking back at her, “O-kay, I will.” She smiled at him unable to hide her blushing face from the guy. “Thanks again.” She bowed before walking away from him. “Promise me to come back okay I’ll be waiting,” Kihyun called out again, the girl turned back giving him a nod with a matching sweet smile.

 

As soon as the girl exited the café, Kihyun saw her flip the paper open and then fished out her phone from her bag. When she was done, she left with a smile visible on her face, Kihyun can tell even though she was far from him. Suddenly his phone vibrated inside the pocket of his apron, he took it our then glanced at the unregistered number that appeared on his screen. He checked out the message and was surprised to see the content. He rushed out of the café and looked everywhere to see if the girl hasn’t left yet, unfortunately she was nowhere to be seen already.

 

Kihyun returned to the café and run to Minhyuk, “Yah! Minhyuk were you the one who gave my number to her?” Minhyuk smirked at him, “Oh yes and you’re welcome.” Kihyun hit his head and playfully struggled him while laughing. “Looks like everything went according to plan huh?” Kihyun let go of Minhyuk then ruffled his hair. He walked straight into the pantry without a word but Minhyuk was 100% sure he saw that he was wearing a victorious smile while walking away. Minhyuk was happy for his friend he won’t be living in the shadows anymore. “Dear Pretty Girl was a success,” he mumbled and continued with his work.