How it all started

Dear Pretty Girl

3:00 pm

 

 

 

“Welcome to Monbébé,” Minhyuk smiled at her, he was surprised when she suddenly bowed a little and greeted back before walking to the counter. Kihyun who was behind the counter was trying to keep his composure in front of the lady. “M-may I take your order?” Kihyun stuttered as he stares at the lady who was looking up the Menu. “One Vanilla Sweet Cream cold brew and…” Kihyun pretended to encode her order as he wait for her to decide what side dish to take. “Hmm, I’ll just take the Vanilla Sweet Cream, sorry for the wait.” The girl smiled at him as she tries to peek at the computer checking if he had entered her order already. “O-oh one Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew it is,” Kihyun paused for a while his hands were shaking and he didn’t even know why.

 

“T-hat’d be $4.00,” Kihyun was awfully sweating while processing the order, he was having a really hard time assisting the first time customer and he doesn’t know why. The girl was waiting for Kihyun to extend his hand to receive the money but he never did so she just placed her payment on the glass and that was the only time that he grabbed the bill. “What name should we write Miss? We need it so we call you when your order’s done,” Kihyun turned to his side to find Wonho next to him. He wasn’t sure if relief or frustration rushed to him, “Oh please write Ms. Jeon,” the girl still had a smile on her face. “Sorry if he’s awkward,” Wonho pointed to Kihyun who flushed in an instant, “He’s a newbie here. Oh speaking of, Kihyun could you prepare her order now. Boss wouldn’t like to see the pretty lady waiting for her order because we’re slacking off,” Kihyun heard the girl chuckled at Wonho’s remark, “No it’s okay no need to rush. I can wait, you can take your time,” she smiled sweetly at Kihyun who had turned his back from them his ears were turning awfully red.

 

Kihyun was shooting deathly glares at Wonho who was now at the other side of the counter entertaining the customer earlier. They were laughing and Kihyun could see that she was having a fun time chatting with Wonho. When he finished the Vanilla Sweet Cream he placed the order in between Wonho and the customer interrupting them from their conversation. “One Vanilla Sweet Cream cold brew for Ms. Jeon,” Kihyun hissed at Wonho. “Oh here’s your order Ms. Jeon it has nice having a small chat with you.” The girl reached for her order and thank them both, “Hope you enjoy it, please do comeback again here. We’ll be waiting,” Wonho waved at the figure who had already walk away from them. When Jeon was out of the café Wonho turned to Kihyun who was busy wiping the counters, “That was rude Kihyunnie,” Wonho teased with a smirk on “No it wasn’t, I just stopped you from flirting with our customer.”

 

 

“Kihyun what do you think about the customer earlier? She’s charming isn’t she.” Minhyuk started while they were wiping the empty tables. “Huh who are you talking about?” Kihyun responded not looking at the person talking to him. “Don’t play dumb with me, I saw you earlier.” Minhyuk replied with a snicker. Kihyun turned to him finally realizing what the other guy was talking about, “Did Wonho tell you-,” Minhyuk cut him off by laughing. “Wrong, I told Wonho about it. I saw your face when she was approaching the cafe,” Minhyuk took the tray with dirty mugs and plates then left. Kihyun started at Minhyuk who was skipping happily away from him. He shook his head, “Shoot they won’t let me live in peace after this.”

 

☕️ ☕️ ☕️ 

 

Minhyuk was acting really strange the following days he refused to help with taking order and making coffee which he never did before. He only stayed at the entrance and greet all those who enter and leave the place. Kihyun made a face as he observes the guy, “Hey Hyungwon, has he lost his mind?” Kihyun nudge the guy’s elbow that was resting at the counter top, Hyungwon was also staring at Minhyuk with a playful smile on. “Nah, he’s waiting for the customer again,” Kihyun had his eyebrows crossed when he looked back at Minhyuk. Hyungwon glanced at his wristwatch then he glanced back to Minhyuk before mouthing, “She’s here!”

 

Kihyun’s eyes widen in shock when he saw a familiar figure walked in through the door which Minhyuk was holding open with a large smile on his face. He did not expect Minhyuk to look at him that time, his eyes were sparkling was still sparkling when he turned to the lady beside him. Kihyun did not like what he just saw, he wanted to hide. He wanted to escape before something happens. A memory flashed into his mind when he saw Minhyuk’s expression, he did not like the result of what happened last time Minhyuk had look at him with the same sparkling eyes. “Won, don’t tell Minhyuk where I’m going.” Hyungwon turned to him immediately but before the guy could stop him from leaving Kihyun rushed to the door behind them and disappeared in an instant.

 

☕️ ☕️ ☕️ 

 

“Kihyun li-,” Kihyun covered Minhyuk’s mouth before he could shout. Minhyuk Kihyun’s palm and caused him to release the guy, his face twisted in disgust trying to wipe off Minhyuk’s saliva. “Salty,” Minhyuk scrubbed his tongue with a table napkin he snatched from one of the tables. “Kihyun likes who?” Wonho suddenly appeared behind Kihyun startling the man with his sudden appearance “Oh I think I know who she is. She’ll be here soon, why don’t you take her order today huh Kihyunnie?” Wonho elbowed the guy before walking away laughing and mumbling how cute the younger guy was. Instinctively Kihyun glanced at the wall clock hung above the entrance then down the door when he noticed that the long hand was perfectly pointing to twelve and the short hand at three. When he caught sight of the person he had been waiting for the past month now he turned away with a smile on his face but it immediately disappeared when he saw Minhyuk staring at him with a devilish grin. Kihyun cleared his throat avoiding his gaze before walking off to the pantry.