Chapter 4

The Last Dance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sound of the ambulance racing down the empty streets of the city was the only thing disturbing the silence of the night, red color painting the buildings as it passed by. The studio where music was blasting up till a few minutes ago, was now covered in darkness and the same deadly silence that was uncommon for it at a time when you would most likely pour your heart into dancing. Hoseok's eyes would not leave your fragile body that was lying lifelessly on the stretcher. His heart was still beating fast out of fear and worry, just like it did when he saw you falling unconscious -again- in his arms as soon as his name left your lips. It was so strange for him to see you like this, the girl that was always full of energy and passion. It was usually the other way around, you caring for the members that were tired after practice.

"I guess you have you limits too, Y/N..." Hoseok spoke softly. He brushed your hair as he let out a deep sigh.

The ambulance went to a VIP reserved gate to avoid any kind of unwanted attention, as instructed by Hoseok. Your conscience was still not coming back as doctors and nurses roamed around you, taking all the necessary tests. After everything was done, you were once again alone with Hoseok, in a private VIP room. He took a seat next to you and looked at the needle from the IV fluid that was poking your skin. His mind flew to Jungkook. Should he call him or not? It was obvious you two fought from the moment Jungkook started isolating himself again. You were not the same either. And then news broke out that he had a girlfriend and she was to take your place into the choreography. That was the main reason Hoseok would often pass by your studio to check on you. He saw how hard you worked to teach Jieun the moves and come up with new -easier to follow- ones. Even so, he knew he had to let Jungkook know. After all, you've been friends for such a long time. He needed to know.

Music was slowly playing as people were sitting in pairs at the simple yet elegantly decorated tables. Between them, two smiling faces were making the center of the painting. Sitting on an somewhat isolated part of the fancy restaurant, Jungkook and Jieun were jiggling.

"That was so funny. Did you really do that?"

"Yeah...good times. Y/N was there too. You should have seen her face." Jungkook laughed wholeheartedly. Jieun, on the other side, was not so happy to hear your name.

"Oh really? So you knew Y/N for a long time, huh?" She was cutting her steak with sharp moves, poorly-hidden jealousy filling her heart.

"Yeah..."He smiled as he looked at his plate.

"But it doesn't matter anymore, right? Since now you have me by your side." She reached for his hand.

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"Well I am your girlfriend, and I kind of hate to see you with her." She was playing the victim card really well. "And you two even quarreled. To be honest, I don't think she cares that much about our stage, about you."

Jungkook was just staring at her, unable to say anything. Every word she said cut through his believes and they were slowly destroying his trust in you. At least on the surface.

"No...she's not like that."

"Well she's not trying very hard either. How many times did she call to ask you how you are during your tours?"

"Not that many, but-"

"See, she doesn't care. Remember how I called you after every concert? And even before you went to bed? And left messages for you to read when you woke up? That shows just how much I love you, Jungkook."

She knew exactly what words to say to bring him on her side. But the truth was you did not want to bother Jungkook after such a tiring day, that was why you preferred to talk to him when he arrived back. Having to deal with people after a concert -when all you want to do is rest- can be really annoying. And you knew that very well. So it was never a problem in your friendship. You respected each-other's privacy and space. It was all natural.

 "I...guess..."

"So stop mentioning her, and focus on me. I am here working so hard to make our performance go well."

Jungkook flashed a smile in her direction and then focused on his food, without saying anything else. Without even intending to, his mind was filled with you. It has been a week since you had that quarrel and stopped talking to each-other, it all felt so weird, so empty. And for some reason Jieun was not filling that whole in his heart. His eyes traced back to her as he questioned himself: "why?". Her smile was not as pure as yours, her eyes were not as bright as yours, the jokes were not as funny and the topics of their discussions were not as entertaining for him. There was always something about you that he could not erase. But he knew that for you, he was just a friend. After all, that was what you told him when he confessed. There was no way you would see him differently now. The sound of his phone ringing brought him back to earth. He took it out of his jacket and looked at the caller ID.

"Hoseok?"

"Oh, Jungkook. Where are you? Are you busy?"

"I'm out in the city. What's the matter? Did something happen?"

"Uh...it's about Y/N...I found her laying on the floor in her studio. "

His heart sank as every emotion on his face vanished. His mind went blank as more words flooded his ears.

"Seems like she collapsed due to exhaustion and overwork. She really poured everything into this damn choreography. She looked bad since yesterday, yet still came to work. This girl never listens-"

"Where is she now?"

His voice was a mix of worry and anger. All this time he had fun in the city with Jieun, you were in pain. Jieun looked at him in confusion. Who was he talking about? As soon as she saw him getting ready to leave, her answer was clear. It was you. Her anger reached another level. She stood up from the chair as Jungkook took his jacket, the phone still at his ear.

"Where do you think you are going??" She screamed, gaining the attention of all the people around. Jungkook looked at them and then back at her.

"Shh. We're in a restaurant, Jieun. Keep your voice down, there's no need to scream. "

"You're going to her, aren't you?!"

"Yes. She is sick-"

"I don't care!! You are on a date with me! You're not going to her!"

"Jieun..." His eyes widened at her but then his brows furrowed thinking about you. "I'm sorry." He left in a rush, ignoring everything that was not concerning you. As the taxi was quickly moving on the desolated streets, Jungkook was looking out the window, his lips pressed against his fingers, thinking about the harsh words he said to you.

"Then quit. It's not like this job was forced upon you, it was your choice."

The pain in your voice after he said that still lingered in his mind. He softly bit one of the finger as he closed his eyes, trying to erase the dark thoughts he had. How could he not notice you were so tired? It was making him go crazy with guilt. In less than 10 minutes he arrived at the hospital, running down the corridors to your room, not even bothering about the eyes that followed him. His feet stopped in front of the VIP room, hand hovering over the handle as he tried to catch his breath. He pushed it open and took one step inside, his heart sinking once again as his eyes instantly landed on you. Hoseok was sitting right next to you, his hand warmly caressing yours. For some reason this was making Jungkook feel some sort of way. Deep down he hated that he was not the one standing by your side, but rather the cause of it all. Hoseok turned to see him standing in front of the door, staring at you without even blinking. Judging by the fact that his lips were parted, he was clearly in shock to see you like that. H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter