Chapter 2

The Last Dance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sound of your sneakers hitting each step of the staircase was echoing in the whole hallway. You were out of breath by the time you reached the last floor, both due to the effort and the strong pain that filled your chest. You pushed the door that led to the rooftop like your life was endangered by something within the walls of the building. Your feet were weak, you stumbled. Tears were going down your red cheeks. You took deep breaths of air, hoping that its cold touch will get rid of the burning fire in your heart. You started dragging your feet closer to the edge. You liked coming up there to clear your mind. The colors of the sunset were blending in with the city. It was beautiful to see yet it felt so sad.

"Y/N!"

Your heart sank. What was he doing there? Why did he have to follow you? You wiped your tears and looked back. Jungkook was running towards you.

"Jungkook this is not-"

You did not get to finish the sentence when his arms secured your body in their embrace. Your eyes widened as your heart started racing. He was holding you so tightly, it was hard to breathe. And it felt so good that you wanted time to stop. You wanted to erase what happened earlier and keep just this moment.

"Are you crazy?! What were you thinking of doing?"

He was worried. You could feel his heart beating hard against his chest and almost cried again thinking that it was probably just because he ran up the stairs after you. You gulped and pushed him slowly, eyes fixed on the ground.

"I just needed some air. That's all."

"Y/N, what is wrong with you today? I haven't seen you like this before."

"Nothing..."

"Y/N, look at me."

You ignored him but he was not going to let you have it your way. He placed a finger under your chin and pulled your face up so that your eyes would meet. You saw the surprise in his look.

"Did you cry?!"

"No."  You pushed his hand away.

"I don't believe you. Your eyes are red."

"Listen, Jungkook, I'm not in the mood for this. You should go back. Your...girlfriend must be waiting. Just go...I want to be alone."

You turned your back at him and continued walking towards the edge of the rooftop. Two steps later Jungkook's fingers were taking hold of your wrist, making you almost crash into him when he pulled you.

"Tell me what's wrong with you, Y/N." He seemed pissed.

"I told you. It's nothing." You were trying hard to control your feelings. Both the anger and the pain.

"Lies! Stop lying! I can clearly see something's not right. So tell me!" He was screaming.

"Oh, yeah? You want to know what's wrong with me?" And so were you.

"Yes!"

"Fine, then I'll tell you what's wrong. That girl that you claim to be your girlfriend...what is she doing in my studio?"

"I thought-"

"No, Jungkook, I thought I made it clear that I don't welcome strangers into my studio. She is no exception."

"She's not a stranger, Y/N, she's my girlfriend. And you are my best friend. I thought you two would get along."

"To me she is a stranger. I don't care what your relationship with her is, just please keep it to yourself. I appreciate you introducing me to her but that is my personal space, Jungkook. I decide who enters and who doesn't."

"Why are you so up in arms about Jieun? You don't even know her."

"Exactly, I don't. So please, from now on, when you bring her here...find another studio. There are bigger ones that stay empty all night. I have to work on choreographies, I have no time for your dating games."

"Dating games...Fine, then! I won't come anymore either!"

You mouth dropped open. You felt as if your chest had been pierced by an arrow. Tears started to form in the corners of your eyes. A shadow moving in the distance made you focus on it. It was Jieun, sneaking behind the door. You scoffed and looked back at Jungkook.

"Fine! Now would you please go? Seems like your girlfriend is getting impatient."

Jungkook's head snapped back. Jieun took a step outside looking worried. She seemed to have heard everything.

", why is she here?!" He murmured. "We'll talk more later." His feet moved towards the door but stopped for a moment when he heard your voice.

"There's nothing left to say."

He turned to look at you but you were already getting further and he was too angry to follow. He grabbed Jieun's arm and dragged her inside the building before slamming the door shut. The sudden noise made you jump in surprise. And then your tears started going down again. The legs that supported your weight with all their might were now losing their strength. You let gravity pull you down and l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter