Chapter 1

The Last Dance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The late hours of the night were covering the city in darkness. The lights coming from the flats that sparkled throughout the city like stars in the sky were now going off, one by one. It was close to midnight already, the time most people went to sleep. The silence made everything seem peaceful. But even in this picture, there was one place that was not following the same pattern. Somewhere in a room without windows lights were still shining brightly as loud music was hitting the walls in continuous waves.

"You got it wrong again. I told you it's supposed to be right leg ahead and then you slide it back slowly while our hands move together, like this."

"Oh, damn it! Let's try it again. Play it from the beginning."

"If you get it wrong again, imma show that embarrassing video to your fans." You laughed.

It was the third time you were dancing to the same 10 seconds of Nick Jonas' "Close". You were trying to teach Jungkook the choreography you came up with for the dance show you two were planning to feature in. You have been working on this one for a whole month. It was hard to meet with Jungkook and practice together when most of the time he was out of the country for concerts. So you had no choice but to follow his schedule and there you were, spending the whole night trying to get it right. It was a dance for couples so it was impossible to learn it separately.

You got into position again. The song started playing. Your bodies were moving all over the floor so beautifully. The step he always messed up was getting close. You threw him a look. Was he going to get it right this time? You found your lips curving up when he smoothly slid his leg back as his hand followed yours. You went on with the beat, touching, grabbing and spinning each other across the room. The final move was all that was left. You took small steps in opposite directions and then turned to face each other. You waited for the right time. Seconds were passing with you exchanging deep looks. He was smiling proudly.

There it was. You started running at full speed towards him, throwing your legs around his torso as your hands wrapped tightly around his shoulders. He started spinning the moment he felt your body against his.  This move was supposed to show the strong desire lovers have for each other so it was a bit rougher than the other moves. When he stopped, you loosened the grip around his neck and gracefully leaned back as his strong arms were giving your back enough support not to fall. You got up slowly, your hand reaching for the back of his neck again. The feeling of his fingers moving up our backbone as they followed your movements were giving you goose bumps. Your eyes met as the song was coming to an end. You were both breathing heavily.

It was complete. You both grinned widely when you realized you went from beginning to the end with no mistakes. Jungkook was still holding you tightly. Your smile faded as you got lost in his eyes. He was tired, you could see that, but the sparkle was still there. All your senses amplified as the feelings you tried so hard to burry deep inside started to come to the surface, making your heartbeat go up as well. You felt his burning body through his -now- wet shirt and it was setting you on fire. His breath was tickling your skin.

You signaled for him to put you down and he did. He looked totally unaffected by this whole thing while your face started to turn red. You hated this the most. This, and the fact that he started wearing shirts at rehearsals. It was making it hard for your feelings not to explode when he looked like that.

"We did it! No mistakes! See, I told you I'll get it right." He had that smug face back on trying to mock you.

"You did, finally. Good job there!" You patted him on the shoulder.

"Should we do it again?"

"Now?! Jungkook, I get your excitement, but let me rest for 5 minutes at least." You ruffled his hair.

"Come on!! One more time. Pleaseee!"

"Nope. No." You went to take a bottle of water.

"Fine!" He pouted.

You took a seat on the bench. You saw him smiling slyly as if he was planning something. He went to his phone and selected Ty Dolla $ign's "Wavy". It was one of the songs you made a choreo together and the to go song when you wanted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter