one

THORNED

1912 15th of November. In the Unhyeon palace, Prince Ui's eunch was seen running frantically in the palace trying to find the prince. Once in succeeding in finding the prince the eunch gifted him the news that his second child had been born joy coursing through the prince's body but he held a straight face walking away seeming unpleased but once he was out of the siht of everyone he ran across the palace to meet his second child. Upon reaching the chamber where his beloved she gifted him with the news that his child had been born a boy. That night a family of three were seen embracing underneath the moonlight. The whole palace welcomed the child of Prince Yi Wu, the son of a prince and a concubine. People didn't know if they should be disgusted or pleased at the fact that a concubine was able to bare a son while the queen could not, not only was the child born a boy but he was born with such beauty people envied the child, everyone who laid eyes on would fall in love he had porcelain smooth skin, small eyes, high bridged nose, small but full lips. He had the face of a king not only did he posses such beauty, he was also very intelligent since he was a babe he was very curious he would be found in the palace library reading, reading as much as he could sometimes he would even fall asleep only to be carried by his father to his chambers the cycle would be repeated every day. As the years passed Yi Wu was now a teenager never did he compain about his teenage years he spent them by learning. He would learn hwo to play instruments, martial arts, and of course his favorite knowledge by books excelling in all subjects. Yi Wu made his family very proud he brought a good name to the family next thing you know Yi Wu had transformed into an adult never did he imagine that was when his life would take a heavy toll everything he knew came to an end the royal sage in Korea had come to an end. Korea had been colonized by Japan Yi Wu's life as a prince would come to an end luckily he was spared by becoming part of the Imperial Japanese Army. Sadly, the same cannot be said about his family his mother and father had been killed during the colonizing being left as an orphan he carried nothing but his memories with him. In the army Yi wu had excelled in the japanese lanuage and military education causing him to rise rapidly in the ranks. Yi Wu was ranked Lietenant in the span of six months due to his intelligence and rank he was arranged to marry a japanese princess he refused to marry the princess because he had already fallen in love with someone else a commoner, he had already promised to marry her. One night Yi Wu was taking a stroll in the camp he had been assigned to, he found himself staring at the moon, admiring its true beauty the moon offering its luminous light he found warmth in the light maybe because it lit up the dark path that laid out before him. His strolling ended with him reaching upon a lake he took a break to admire the waters beauty noticing how the water always traveled foreword never backwards that was how life is meant to be lived. Once returning to base he ran into a small little girl confused upon how a child managed to get into the tight confinements of the camp he asked no questions and offered the girl the warmth of his tent and foood while he slept on the cold floor the earth had to offer that night he fell alseep admiring the moon praying to the heavens for his parents to finally be resting and to guide him. The next morning as a sign of gratitude the girl gifted Yi wu with a rose for him it was the most beautiful he had ever seen. That was the first and last time he ever saw the girl as he admired the white roses beauty he noticed the rose still carried its thorns grabbing his knife he carefully tried to remove the throns only to get pricked by a thorn, wincing he dropped the flower a drop of blood falling onto the rose getting up to heal his would. When he returned he noticed the flower was turning into another color the ends of the petal had transformed into a blue and faded into the white it seemed like the center of the flower was lit by light. What he didn't know was that he had awaken the curse, the princess had placed a curse on Yi Wu because he had denied to marry her. The princess had decided to punish him for causing such himiliation and promising to marry a commoner. The curse she placed on Yi Wu was immortality.