Chapter 3: 10.10.2010 - The Real Stress

The Way I Found You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Maybe being a freshman was worse than Sanghyuk thought in the beginning of the day.

After his first lessons he finally had lunch time. But lunch time meant to sit at a table in the canteen, what was indeed not the problem. But sitting at a table alone was the thing that really disturbed him.

All around he saw groups of friends what led to a deja-vu of what happened in the morning. The difference was just, that the groups around him were mostly newbies like him. Seeing those groups of friends made him feel jealous. He regretted that he didn't talk to any students before in his lesson, but it wasn't his fault at all.

To highlight it again, it wasn't like Sanghyuk was a shy person, he just hadn't enough time to make friends during classes, because he had just entered the classroom right in time, when the bell rang. One thing led to the other and the teacher wanted him to sit right next to a random girl.

The more he thought about it the more annoying was it to him to see, how all other students made new friends, laughed and enjoyed their first day of school.

"What are you thinking of? It seems like your thoughts are really deep, since you are staring into space." Sanghyuk just shrugged at the sudden voice next to him. He slowly turned his head to the source of the sound, while coming back to reality.

Even if it was just for a really short time, Sanghyuk thought that it might has been one of those senior students, that had fun to pick on new students that seemed to have no friends. In this moment that would truly be something Sanghyuk could decline with thanks.

But then he again, for the second time in one day, looked directly into a familiar pair of eyes. "Hongbin.", he said out quietly, being slightly relieved. The addressed person just smiled at him with the dimples appearing again, also for the second time.

"Um,... Do you mind if I ... Can I sit here?", Hongbin tried to drop some formalities to get a little bit closer to the younger. Sanghyuk just nodded at the request with a small smile.

At that the older pulled the chair next to Sanghyuk's seat a little bit away from the table to sit down. So...-", the older tried to break the silence by starting a conversation, but was interrupted by the younger right away.

"Where is your friend by the way?"

Hongbin could just smile at this question. He already cares?

"Do you mean Jaehwan-hyung? The one that was with me before school started?", he exactly knew, whom Sanghyuk meant, but he wanted to be sure. He got a nod as a response.

"I think he is busy right now." Now Sanghyuk raised one of his eyebrows. It was not an answer he would have expected. "Busy? On the first day of school?""Yes."

Dissatisfied with this short answer Sanghyuk tried to get more information. "What can a person be so busy with on the first day of school? He should at least have lunch with his friend."

"I don't know." Again. Just a short answer. Darn it. But Sanghyuk was really convinced that he saw a facial expression of the other for a short time, that seemed to know everything. It was something worried, manifested in a fake-smile.

"Um, by the way, what's actually your name?", Hongbin clearly tried to change the topic. Avoiding, huh?

Sanghyuk just tried to play along, deciding that it might be none of his business, what Jaehwan was "busy" with, or better what the latter was hiding, so he just answered like the other did the whole time. "Sanghyuk."

"Well Sanghyuk," the older repeated his name, "just for you to remember... it's Hyung for you. Not only Hongbin, but Hyung." The younger eyes widened. Sure, Hongbin was older than him and on top of that also a sunbae, so he had no choice but to go along. But what really surprised him, was that a person he just knew for a day would allow him to call him "Hyung" that fast.

"Got it Hongbin-Hyung.", he said to emphazise that he really took the older seriously. The older just ruffled the hair of his hoobae by these words and laughed. His laugh was nothing but friendly and satisfied.

Sanghyuk now

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter