6 - The memory

Amnesia

Sometime...

It is useless to hold into dream,

Especially impossible dream.

~quote by BIUBLANK~

 

 

“Kwon Jiyong!! Where are you right now!?”

“Sleep”

If you think Yang Hyungsuk voice will be able to wake Jiyong up, then think again. For Jiyong there are only 3 important things in his life, family, music, and sleep.

“Where are you? You promise me to go home yesterday. But why your parent is here in my office this morning? They are searching for you.”

That, just wake Jiyong up. Not his promise but, his parent. Now...he is in big trouble.

It takes almost 15 minutes for Jiyong to go to YG office. He did not wash up and he forces someone to drive him to YG. Full speed.

“Omma, Appa...i miss you” Jiyong smile so bright and so innocent. That is his tactic to escape from this trouble...he hopes it is working.

Before he speaks another word, his mother smacks his head. His hideous morning face makes things worse.

“Odiga?! First, you did not listen to your boss now you did not listen to your parent. What will happen to you next? You think you will be able to live on your own? Try to live on your own. For today onward, you are grounded for 3 months. You are not allowed to come to YG and play any music. You will stay at home and study for your exam.

“Omma! Andwae! I cannot. Why?! I promise I will go home more often. I promise okay?”

His mother always scares the out of him. With her words now, she just kills Jiyong.

“I will not listen to any excuse and whine. We already discuss and we think this is the best punishment for you.”

“Sajangnim...did you really agree with this? It is not fair”

“Yes. I agree. I think you really deserve this for lying to me.” Even though Yang Hyungsuk a little bit hesitates but he knows this is the best for Jiyong. He can also focus more on his other artists.

“But...but...it is not really that big matter. I do not need to be grounded for 3 months. Only 3 weeks is enough. Omma...how could you do this to your only son”

“Who told you, you are my only son. I have another son. He listens to me very well. Not bad and stubborn like you.” His mother. How could his mother think to have another son? She is too old to get pregnant again.

“Let’s go home. Thank you sajangnim. We will go now.” His father finally spoke after shake hand with Yang Hyungsuk.

Jiyong forces his body to follow his mother out of the office. He is very sad.

“Please return him back to us after he finishes his exam, ommonim. I already have a plan to do for him” Yang Hyungsuk scare that Jiyong parent will not return him back to the company.

“Of course. Don’t worry. We just need to make sure he does well in his exam and not just focus on music. We will keep our promise to send him back after the exam.” Jiyong father assures Yang Hyungsuk.

 

 

 

“Yeah!!! Finally!!! Goodbye final exam, goodbye beautiful school, goodbye my friends, goodbye teachers. Watch me be a successful artist later.”

Jiyong never really like school. Not because he is lazy or dumb, it is because of people.

Since primary school, Jiyong always busy attending various show as a backup dancer. He only able to go to school for three days a week.

This makes all teachers mad because when they teach something to the class, Jiyong will look lost and not pay attention. So, the teacher has to repeat it all over again. Thank God Jiyong is a fast learner.

In high school, Jiyong started to become YG trainee, the same situation happens. That is why he have only a few friends. Most of them are someone that love music.

~Flashback~

Jiyong still remembers the day he signed with YG. He just a 12 years old kid. He did not really understand what happen when Yang Hyungsuk called his parent to meet them. Yang Hyungsuk and his parent talk a lot about role and contract. Jiyong did not understand a single thing about rule and contract.

After they talk, Yang Hyungsuk asks his parent to talk with Jiyong, alone. Yang Hyungsuk starts to break the silence after two minutes of silence.

“Why do you like music?” that is the question Yang Hyungsuk give to young Jiyong.

Jiyong just keeps silence. He neither shy nor thinking of an answer. He just doesn’t have an answer for that question so why bother thinking.

“Kwon Jiyong, I ask you question here. Why do you like music?”

“I don’t know why. I just like it because it is fun and dancing with music is fun”

Jiyong answer does shock Yang Hyungsuk because it come from a kid. If Jiyong is an adult, Yang Hyungsuk probably thinks the answer is too cliché.

“Arasso. Do you want to be a singer with me? I can give you training to a singer.”

“No. I don’t want to.”

Yang Hyungsuk did not expect that answer. He thought Jiyong will agree 100%. He sees Jiyong dance and passion in music. That is why he did not hesitate to ask Jiyong to be a trainee in his company.

“Why? Don’t you want to a singer? Your parent said you want to be a singer.”

“I want to be a singer...but I want to be a dancer to...and...and I want to be a singer that sing fast...really fast. I don’t know the name.”

“Someone, that sing really fast? Rapper?”

Yes. Now Jiyong remembers what they called his hyung. Rapper TEMPO.

“Ne. Rapper.”

“Here we can teach you lot of things. You can be anything you want later. Otte? Will you learn with us?”

"Aniyo. I can learn somewhere else. I do not need to come to school here. I already have a school somewhere else." Jiyong answer confidently.

"Jiyong, this is not a school. Here, we have class but not a class like what you have in school. You can learn a lot of thing without needed to read a book. It is good right?" Yang Hyungsuk tries to explain and persuade Jiyong. he knows it does not matter if the parent accepts but this kid have doubt to come to his company.

“Really? How come you study without a book? Then how can I remember what the teacher teach me.”

"Here, you learn everything with practice. We will repeat the lesson until you remember and you become perfect in it"

Jiyong gives it few minutes to think. It is amazing to study without the need to read a book. It is like not study but you study. Jiyong heart does sway because of the book but he still quite scared to live without his parent.

"Hmm..can I live with my parent?" Jiyong asks shyly. He did not want to be seen as a coward but he did not want to live without his family.

“Of course. You can come here if you have a lesson and feel like you want to listen to music. Then, if you want to go home, I can ask someone to send you. Later tell your parent you want to sign with us. Say that you really want to sign with us. If your parent did not agree you should cry...cry very hard. Okay?”

“Ne!!!” Jiyong answer happily.

Well...the rest are the same as what Yang Hyungsuk foresee. Jiyong parent did disagree when Jiyong said he want to be a trainee under YG.

They want Jiyong to at least finish his high school. But when Jiyong starts crying...very hard, in fact, they agree to let Jiyong stay with YG. However, YG must let Jiyong finish his high school.

~End of flashback~

 

 

Finally, after much struggle between school and training, today is the last paper of his final exam. That also meant the end of his high school days and his suffering.

Jiyong is excited as a rabbit. Jumping around and smiling wide. The bus ride to YG seems so short because Jiyong can’t wait to go back to the accommodation and start writing a song.

Jiyong misses his friend, the studio, his senior, his sajangnim and most of all, he misses seeing his senior work hard in music.

He goes to the company for a while and then back to the dorm. He talks with his friend for few minutes before he leaves saying he want to go to the building. Well, Jiyong did not lie, he just did not tell the whole truth. He knows his friend will think he wants to go to YG company, but right now, he has somewhere more important to go. 


Sorry for not updating. I've been busy with my students and my last few months at the school. But the major reason is my grammar checker had crashed, so I cannot check my grammar. So please bear with any grammar mistake from now on. I will try to improve my English language skill so that you will not feel annoyed reading my story.
Once again, sorry for not updating.

I fix some grammar and add something

Yours truly,
BIUBLANK
Your undedicated writer