Chapter 5

Bonded Heart

Hearing the statement, Luhan frowned. “Don’t you think you’re being rude,” he reprimanded the male. The newcomer’s eyes widened as he turned away from the woman in front of him to see a familiar male standing beside her. “Hyung!” he cried out before latching onto the other in a hug. Seeing their reunion, Misun felt a smile curve across her lips as she turned and walked inside the cabin, leaving them to catch up.  Seeing the woman walk away, the new male furrowed his brows in wonder. “Luhan hyung, she just went inside,” he murmured while letting go. Looking over his shoulder, Luhan sighed. He was thankful toward her, but he knew deep down, she was a little upset at the tall elf’s reaction. “Chanyeol, why did you have to act that way toward her! It’s been over twenty years since we last saw Misunnie!” Luhan growled while flicking the stubborn male’s forehead.

At the mention of the name, Chanyeol’s brows furrowed in confusion. “It can’t be! I thought something had happened to her which is why it’s taken so long to be brought together,” he pondered while crossing his arms. Ruffling his hair, Luhan leant against the balustrade and continued to watch as the sun rose for the day. “It’s her alright. Did you not notice the pendant she was wearing?” he inquired to the younger. At the response, Chanyeol whirled his head toward the closed door and his eyes widened in surprise. “It can’t be! Then why did it take so long for us to return to her side. Wait, where are the others?” he questioned as he turned back to face the deer like male.

Sighing Luhan continued to gaze out into the distance. “I’m not sure why it’s only one of us at a time when twenty years ago, all of us had shown up at once. Regardless, right now, she is going through a really tough time. Yesterday, a little girl who had looked up to her and claimed her as her mother was murdered in front of her eyes,” he murmured and didn’t say anything further when he heard Chanyeols gasp of surprise. “You’re kidding! Who would go so far to kill a child?” he asked as anger started to swirl inside of him causing the temperature around him to rise. “That’s what we need to find out. You know how originally the camps keep children for ten years before being released back to their families?” Luhan asked and turned to see Chanyeol nod his head in acknowledgement. “That’s the thing. She’s been here for eighteen years now. I have a feeling something happened to her father and the government has been keeping her here against her will. I remember her father saying that he had a feeling something might happen to her, which is why he asked each of us to return to her side when she needs us the most. Well, that time has come. She’s broken, Chanyeol, and we are the only ones who can put her back together,” Luhan said before standing straight and walking inside leaving the other to think about everything that he was informed of.

Once he made it inside, he noticed Misun sitting on her bed gazing down upon her fingers. Sitting beside her, it wasn’t until he was beside her did he notice the slight trembling in her hunched over form. It was as if his heart broke in two all over again. “Why,” she whispered without looking up. “I don’t know why I am so undeserving. Is this a game that is being played against me? If so, it’s cruel and I don’t want to play this game any longer. Just take my life so I can join Boyeong,” she choked out as tears started to fall and sobs began racking her body. Soft footfalls filled the room, but neither of them paid any attention until Misun noticed the feet stop just short of touching her own when the figure knelt before her and hands grasped her own.

Feeling a soothing warmth surround her hands, she looked up through wet lashes to see the other warrior kneeling before her. “Please, just end my life so you can be free. Since you do not wish for a master anyways,” she whimpered before looking back down at their clasped hands. Chanyeol was astounded at the sight. Just from looking at her depressed form, he could tell that Luhan had told the truth and he knew deep in his heart that he didn’t want to lose her. No, he refused to lose her since he now knew she was the same little girl that ran off with his heart twenty years ago. With a quick tug of her hand and a surprised gasp coming from her, he pulled her off her bed and into his embrace, clinging to her and holding her as her cries hardened into ugly sobs when she realized that she would not be refused any longer by him.

“I’m so sorry, I didn’t realize that you were the one I had been waiting for. Please forgive me Misun,” Chanyeol murmured with his deep voice causing a shiver to run down her spine. He then looked up at his brother and spoke to him through a mental connection that all of the brothers shared. ‘Can I tell her what happened twenty years ago? Maybe by telling her, it will help start the healing process and more of our brothers to come,’ Chanyeol thought toward Luhan while meeting his gaze. Hearing the others thoughts, Luhan thought about it then gave a quick nod of agreement. Pulling Misun away shortly and running both thumbs underneath her eyes, Chanyeol gazed at her tenderly. “There is something I need to talk to you about,” he said softly while placing her upon his lap and his arms holding her gently. Feeling his warm embrace surround her, she felt her body calming down.

With a nod, she acknowledged that he wanted to talk when he began to speak she felt like his voice easily soothed her in a lullaby as well as the rumbling come from his chest as she lay her head upon it. “I have an answer as to why it’s taken so long for you to receive a card,” he began and at his words, Misun perked up and looked up into his face and noticed that his eyes had a faraway look about them. “Here’s the thing, this is not the first time we have met,” he started to say and just as she was about to interrupt, he placed a finger against her lips, quieting her question. “Please, just let me explain and when I’m done, Luhan and I will be happy to answer any questions you may have,” he murmured. Giving her agreement, she returned to leaning against the male as he resumed his tale.

“When you were younger, exactly twenty years ago, you were only three at the time, but you were the first person ever to receive a card at that age. Not just one, you received twelve cards at once. My brothers and I appeared before you all at once. We’ve never been brought together at the same time in several hundred years,” he started and just as he was about to continue, another voice interrupted his own. “When we appeared before you, you were such an adorable little girl. You had all of us wrapped around your tiny fingers just from the look in your innocent eyes. We also were able to meet your father. He was such a kind man and we were very honored to have met him at the time. However, he had asked a favor of us. He knew that something would happen on your fifth birthday and asked us to protect you from afar and that when the time came where you needed us the most, then we would appear before you. The pendant you wear was a gift from us to you and we had infused some of our powers within its’ jewel so you would always be protected until we returned to your side,” Luhan said softly as he knelt before her now.

Hearing their words, Misun felt like her heart was filling with warmth and acceptance that these men had waited so long for her. She had never been forgotten or undeserving, she had earned these men before she was old enough and they were honorable to abide by her fathers’ dying wish where they would return to her at the right moment. It was true though, she needed someone’s help ever since Boyeong left her and now that these two were here, she became nervous, but excited that she would be able to meet the rest of their brethren. Wiping her tears away she looked at both men and offered a small smile, “I’m sorry for bothering the both of you with my insecurities,” she shyly said while fiddling with her fingers. Feeling a finger lift her chin up, she locked her gaze with Luhan who gazed at her tenderly.

“You have nothing to be sorry for. It is we who should be sorry that we haven’t been by your side. But that is in the past, let’s move forward and I know we will not leave your side. I will be honest to you though, because it has taken so long for us to return to you, some of our brothers gave up the hope of ever meeting you,” Chanyeol soothed as he ran a hand through her hair and she shivered at the contact it caused her. Hearing his words, she broke eye contact with Luhan to look up at Chanyeol. “That’s not good. I hope I get to meet them soon then,” she softly replied. Hearing her response, both males looked at each other and shared a smile. Standing up, Luhan offered his hand toward her and helped her to her feet as Chanyeol followed. Now that things had been fixed between them, Chanyeol grinned at her and placed an arm over shoulders causing her to laugh at his antics. “Just so you know, he’s normally a happy virus,” Luhan stated while shaking his head and watching as Chanyeol grinned. “Anyways, what are you going to do with Boyeong’s ashes?” he asked changing the topic. With the change, the mood turned slightly sour. Thinking about it, Misun looked at both of them. “I know exactly what I want to do. Do the both of you mind if I go take care of this?” she asked them while picking the urn up in her hands. Hearing the question, Chanyeol immediately shook his head. “Not without us. I don’t want to lose sight of you ever again,” he grumbled and Luhan nodded in agreement.

With his bold statement, Misun felt a chuckle make its way up and she grinned at the duo. “I wouldn’t have it any other way,” she smirked as the trio made their way outside. “So where to?” Luhan asked while walking beside her. “The mountains a couple miles away,” she said pointing eastward where a few mountains lay. With a nod, they made their way out of the camp to the surprised glances of the other occupants. However, with everything that happened, she had become tired of caring about what others thought. Especially those in the government. She knew that she would enjoy hunting down those who opposed her and ruined the life of the girl she adored.

Several hours passed as they made their way closer to the mountain and at the same time, she was able to bond and get closer to the two warriors by her side. Just like she had initially informed Luhan, she also told Chanyeol to not call her master, but instead just Misun. Which he readily agreed to. As they finally made it to the mountain, she knew that they had an even longer trek ahead of them. In her mind she wanted to scatter Boyeong’s ashes into the wind so that she would finally be free. Free from pain, from the government, and free to grow her wings in heaven and watch over her. Another hour passed by as they made their way up defying gravities resistance. At a landing near the top, they finally came to a stop and she glanced around seeing that they were high enough. Taking the urn back from Luhan, who had pulled it out of her grasp not long after their journey started, did her eyes close and offered a prayer up to the little girl telling her to spread her wings and fly.

Ending her prayer, she opened the urn and filled a fist full before flinging it into the air and watched as the particles drifted off into the wind to merge with mother nature’s blessing once again. Once the urn was completely empty did she let out a sigh of relief. Two pairs of gasps filled the air and she whirled around opening her eyes to gaze at her warriors shocked look. Before she could say anything, right before her eyes a card floated between the three and landed upon her palm just as she held it up. Mouth open in surprise, she looked at the two with an unanswered question. Seeing the look upon her face, both immediately began to nod, although Chanyeol was nodding his head furiously and she worried that he may sprain his neck by continuing to move his head like that.

Placing her hand upon his cheek to stop his motion, she watched in amusement as a dark flush tainted his cheeks and Luhan watched cheekily. He couldn’t contain the excitement pouring out of him. He knew which brother this was going to be. This brother in particular was like another half of himself and he couldn’t wait to see the bond take place and get to hang out with him. He wondered how this brother would react to Misun though. No matter what, he knew that he and Chanyeol would not let anyone hurt her anymore. Even if it was one of their brothers.


Authors Note:

Another update for y'all!!!! I hope everyone enjoys this chapter as well! Special thanks once again to all of my subscribers!!! Each and every one of you is amazing and I am so blessed to have such amazing subscribers! That goes to you too silent readers! Please do comment, susbcribe and up vote!!!

I wonder who the new warrior will be??? Any guesses? See everyone next week!

XOXO

Zoe_Bug