Ch #3

Maybe This Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"How come he has not called me yet?" She asked herself while staring at her phone at midnight. It's been a two weeks since their last encounter and that motivated Taeyeon on talking to him. There's a chance to be on good terms with him. 

She waited for 15 more minutes until she gave up and just fell into the dream world. 

When she woke up to the sunlight beaming from her curtains, she went straight to look at her phone and she was happy to see a small message from Jiyong.

Hey, it's Jiyong! I'm sorry that I haven't been able to talk to you ever since our last talk. My schedule is getting crazy right now. If you're not busy right now today, I'd love to grab that cup of coffee that we talked about. If you're down, want to meet me at the cafe down by Hongdae Station at 9 pm? Please reply asap. Have a good day :)

Taeyeon stood up on her bed quickly and she hesitated on what she wanted to say, but then she quickly started to type her response.

 Hi Jiyong! It's alright and I would like to meet up with you tonight.

Taeyeon walks through the living room being welcomed by her roomates, Tiffany and Sunny, 

"Good morning." Tiffany and Sunny greets as they are preparing breakfast.

"Good morning." Taeyeon sat down at their dining table, still tired. She watched Tiffany and Sunny sit down across from her and they placed down her breakfast plate in front of her.

"Wow, eggs and rice." Taeyeon said in a sarcastic tone. "That's a lot of effort you put in there." Taeyeon looked up from her plate to see the glare coming from Tiffany. Tiffany reached over and lightly pushed Taeyeon's head which caused Sunny and Taeyeon to laugh.

"Ha Ha Ha... at least appreciate that I made food for you."Tiffany lazily forced her own food in to and Taeyeon and Sunny followed after.

"So, what are your plans for today?" Sunny said before taking a sip of her juice.

"I think I have to go to an interview for fashion week later on and I think that is it for me." Tiffany said. 

"And you, Taeyeon?"

Taeyeon slowly places her utensils down on her plate and her thinking face was very clear to see. Tiffany and Sunny did not seem to be suspicious about her slow response and they just focused more on their food.

"I think Manager Unnie told me that I have a recording session. I believe that I will be there the whole day. And guess what, girls? I'm going to release a single soon!" Taeyeon excitedly said and the other two girls were excited for her. Taeyeon decided not to tell them about Jiyong or the mighty GDragon because they would think that she is desperate to get back with him, but honestly, that is not the case.

"That's exciting!"

"I bet twenty dollars that this next song will top the charts!" Sunny says and this made Taeyeon and Tiffany to laugh.

"So, when are we gonna hear it?" Tiffany asks.

"Probably next month This will be a quick preperation since it is just one song and the music video production will be very simple. I listened to the demo track and it is beautiful and I am meeting with the co-producer today to record and finish the song. I am pretty sure that you girls will love it." Taeyeon stands up and places her plate into the sink.

"I think I have to get ready now." Taeyeon looked at the kitchen clock and quickly walked to her bathroom.

-

"So, Taeyeon huh?" Taeyang looked at his best friend who was sitting next to him watching television. Jiyong sighed and turned of the TV and looked at Jiyong.

"Bro, it's morning still. Meaning that it is still too early for all that stuff. I'm tired." Jiyong walked to the kitchen to get a drink of cold water.

"Tired? Okay. You're tired to talk to me with just using your mouth," Taeyang yelled. "But you are not tired to walked ten feet to grab a cup of water!?"

Jiyong rolled his eyes and sat on the kitchen stool. "Fine... So what about Taeyeon?"

"I just can't get over how Fany and I saw you two at the studio."Taeyang was naturally showing off his eye smile and getting all giddy which was quite amusing for Jiyong.

"Are you okay, Youngbae?"

"Anyways, are you still gonna contact her soon?" Taeyang asked in a more serious tone. Jiyong sipped his water and looked down at his cup. As he fiddled his finger around the surface of the cup, 

"Actually, I will be meeting her tonight." Jiyong said while placing his water on their island. Taeyang gasped and stood up, walking to Jiyong.

"Are you sure about this?"

"We're both experienced idols and we know how to disguise ourselves!" Jiyong defended.

"Look, I could care less about that." Taeyang caught Jiyong's attention." Jiyong, I just wanna know if you are sure of seeing the woman who rejected your proposal."

Jiyong deeply stared into Taeyang's eyes and said, "Yes, I am sure. Besides, It's been like what? 8 years since that happened. So I am fine, We are both fine." Jiyong walked away and put on his jacket.

"Where are you going?" Taeyang sees that he was putting on his shoes and grabbing the keys to his car.

"I think YG told me to meet him at SM. I will be producing someone's song." Jiyong said before opening the door.

"Cool, don't run into Taeyeon!" Taeyang jokingly said while Jiyong shuts the door.

-

12:50 PM

"Oh..my...god..." This was went through both of their minds.

"Well then, I do not think that we should introduce them to each other. They know each other very well." Sooman says with a laugh and recieves a slight pat from Hyunsuk.

"So Taeyeon, GDragon will help co-produce your next single." Sooman says as he looks at the surprised girl who couldn't keep closed.

"T-Thank you, sunbaenim." Taeyeon stuttered as she bowed. When she looked up at Jiyong, she saw his face full of shock.

"Jiyong!" Hyunsuk slaps his cheek which causes Jiyong to whine about the pain. Sooman and Taeyeon quietly laughs, "Greet her."

Jiyong slowly looks at Taeyeon and bows.

"Well then, we better get going. You have a single to release nextmonths!" SooMan clasps his hands to gether and lets out his breath. SooMan walked out of the studio and Hyunsuk follows, leaving the former couple alone.

The two needed a few more minutes to process everything before satrting a conversation.

"T-This is an a-ab-absolutely surprise for me." Jiyong starts to let out an awkard chuckle and Taeyeond does the same.

"We should get started." Taeyeon says and places her stuff down and so does Jiyong.

-

9:39 PM

It has been over nine hours since Taeyeon and Jiyong stepped inside the studio. Though they were tired, they still urged to finish the song. Perfectly.

What can you do? You're in a studio creating a song with perfectionists.

"Let's try the harmonizing one more time and we will call it day." Jiyong says with his eyes and droopy. He looks up to see that Taeyeon was also tired. He noticed how beautiful she was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter