II.

When the Sun Rose

 When the sun rose he knew what was going to happen ...

 He was anxious, almost wanting to get out at midnight just to celebrate, but he knew that was just a little too creepy.

 It was 7:40 when the sun rose, which was normal during the fall-winter season, and he had already been sitting up watching the sun rise like the little child he was. They were the Rising Gods of the East anyways, they should rise along with the sun, like it was a part of them that helped them through anything.

 "Good morning!" he greeted s by jumping on their beds. Yoochun rolled over, uninterested, and grunted. It was too early in the day to be awake, or at least it felt like it.

 "Shut up Junsu," he growled at . "Some of us actually sleep til noon."

 Jaejoong, however, was fine with Junsu's peppy behavior and got out of bed to start the coffee maker. "It's unhealthy of you to oversleep Chun."

 "And it's also unhealthy for you to drink coffee Jae."

 Jaejoong turned back to the man still lying in bed and held up a mug. "Black?" he asked. Yoochun nodded as Jae went back to brewing his coffee. It was their normal battering, that ends up with one of them being hypocritical. They were the same as any ordinary day, it's like they forgot what they were once apart of.

 Junsu looked at the two and noticed that they were both looking at him as well. Jaejoong held out another mug which Junsu nodded as he wanted a jump start to the day as well.

 Did they remember that today was their anniversary? It's been a while since they've been really TVXQ, but they can't just forget Yunho and Changmin so easily,

 Junsu certainly didn't.

 How did Yunho and Changmin feel about today? Were they really excited like him, or were they just acting normal like the others? It made Junsu wonder many things, like exactly what made them break apart, how it happened, and the effect it really had on them. It's been a while, yes, but it's just something all three of them got used to.

 The coffee was done brewing so Junsu and Yoochun sat at the petite table with Jae. They sat quietly, not saying a word, while taking their first sip. Junsu looked expectantly at the two, both of which were looking off to the side. He was about to speak when he got beaten to it.

 "Happy anniversary boys." Jaejoong said with a stern face, no emotions coming out. Junsu smiled at Jae's annoucment and lifted his coffee mug, Yoochun doing the same, as they clinked their cups together.

 One year ago ...

 "Happy anniversary!" Junsu chirped as he opened the blinds to their room. Yoochun hit his face against the pillow, groaning from the bright light, but Jaejoong seemed to beat Junsu to waking up. Junsu walked towards Jaejoong's bed to see him messing with a box of some sort. "What's that?"

 Jae turned around and quickly hid the box from Su. "Nothing,"

 "Is that our anniversary present?" he asked anxiously. "It is today, so why don't you just show me?"

 Jaejoong shook his head and stood up. He gave Junsu a cold stare as he spoke, "It's not for you."

 "It's for Yunho and Changmin stupid," Yoochun called out with his muffled voice. Junsu looked back at Jaejoong with a smile. Were they really going to see their other members today? He wanted to ask Jaejoong many questions, like how were they going to get it, were they allowed to even enter their dormitory, and more specifically what the gift was but Jae managed to shut him up before his mouth even opened.

 "I'll deliver it personally, so the guards won't be as suspicious."

 "But ..."

 "Don't worry, I'll put both of your names on it."

 --

 Junsu was in the middle of his shower when he heard the front door slam. He could hear anger in Jaejoong's voice, but couldn't make out any words. Yoochun spoke right after, trying to calm him down, but Jaejoong didn't seem to simmer. Next thing he heard was the sound of glass shattering and Yoochun yelling. Before Junsu could even see what was going on Chun had barged inside.

 "Junsu, we're going out for a drink." he announced. "For your own safety, just don't follow us. You can clean up if you want."

 He sighed, it was another one of those ~you're too young and childish to understand what we're saying so we'll just let you clean up the mess we created~ Jae and Chun moments they were having. He finished showering, wrapped a towel around his waist, and walked to the bedroom.

 Junsu was shocked, the glass he had heard breaking was a bottle of beer on the carpet, blood trailing right behind it. He could see the shards leading towards a box.

 The box meant for Yunho and Changmin.

 He debated on opening it, but that wouldn't be fair. However, it was from him as well so he had a right to open it ...

 "No!" he scolded at himself. He picked up the box and hid it in the back of his closet. Maybe Jae got cornered and went for a drink before visiting them, so instead he forgot to deliver it and got into a drunken rage. Junsu looked at the box and smiled.

 "I'll make sure we deliver it next year."

 "The box!" Junsu screamed as he ran towards the closet. Jae gave Yoochun a shocked look as Junsu appeared back with the box from last year. Jaejoong stood up, almost slamming his coffee mug through the table and asked,

 "Why do you have that?"

 Junsu placed the box on his bed and smiled. "You left it last year after you guys went out, I didn't open it though!"

 Yoochun stood next to Jaejoong and kept a straight face directed at Junsu. He didn't know what was in the box either, but he knew what Jae had said about it. "You have to throw that away."

 "But why?" he asked, cocking his head to the side. "Isn't it for Yunho and Changmin."

 Jaejoong scoffed, remembering the memory as if it was only yesterday.

 "Trust me Junsu, they don't want it, so don't waste your time."

 ... So maybe he didn't know what was going to happen today after all.


 AUTHOR'S NOTE: I understand that the story is fragmented, but it'll all come together in the end, trust me. As for now, just realize that this isn't the last of the memories from last year, and you'll realize a few things that won't be coming out of their mouths, but from what they remembered in their brain, and what's locked inside their hearts.