Chapter 63

18 Years Old Mother

Chapter 63

 

Seo Yeon just sat there at the back seat, watching both of them laughed with each other. They talked about random things. Guess that the story of both of them will never come to an end.

“Noona, do you remember the ice-cream incident?”

“Oh, which one?”

“That one where the-”

“Yah, hajima. [Hey, stop it.]” Hae Seong said. “If you ever bring that out, I’ll kill you.”

“Alright. I know.” Jin nodded his head while slightly laughed.

“How could you still remember that?”

“Of course I can. I still remember the sight of-”

“Yah! I said I’ll kill you!”

“The ice-cream… vanilla right?”

“Yah Kim Seok Jin!” she pulled his forearm.

“Noona! I’m driving!”

“Holy !” Jin suddenly pressed the brake when a stray dog crossed the road. Seo Yeon’s head hit the window when the car stopped.

“Ouch!” she rubbed her head softly.

“Noona, gwaenchana? [Are you okay?]” Jin panicked and helped to check Hae Seong’s condition.

“I’m fine.” She smiled slightly and then turned back. “Seo Yeon, is everything alright?”

“Y-yeah.” She answered. It felt like she was mocking her. The look inside her eyes when she asked if she was okay was like provoking her. It was like Hae Seong wanted her to realize that Jin wasn’t even taking care of her.

And it was hurt. So damn hurt.

___________________________________________________________________________

 

The three of them arrived at a carnival held in the middle of the town. The entire time, Seo Yeon was just following the two from behind. He bought food for her, asking her what she would want to play and such. But she? She felt like the third wheel. Completely.

Jin just turned sometime to ask,

“Are you okay?” and what she will do is just simply nodded her head and smiled. Hurtfully.

“Seo Yeon-ah,” Hae Seong said. “Can you get me some drink?”

“Ne?”

“Can you?” she made a pouty face and blinked her eyes.

“Sure. Why not?”Seo Yeon nodded her head and went to some kiosk, ordering some drink for them. She glance a few times to them and they were chatting happily.

So, I am really the third wheel.

She scoffed a bit. What a cruel fact.

“Miss, here is your drinks.” The woman gave her three glass of Coke. After she gave her some cash, she went back to the spot but just to find Hae Seong and Jin was nowhere to be seen. She looked around just to find hundreds people passing her.

She walked around to find them and finally found them on a shooting game.

“Here.” She placed two glass of Coke in front of them.

“Oh, gumawo. [Thanks.]” Hae Seong said in the middle of the game. Seo Yeon stood beside them and drank her Coke.

“Yah! You’re cheating!”

“Nope. You’re too slow!”

She laughed by herself watching that agonizing scene in front of her eyes. She was experiencing hurt. She was experiencing pain. And there was hurt and pain at once. She was experiencing hurt-and-pain-at-once.

After they finished the shooting game, they went to numerous games. Just two of them while on the other hand, Seo Yeon just watched them from aside.

“Jin-ah, I want to go to the toilet for a while.” Hae Seong excused herself.

“Yeah. I’ll wait here.”

Right now, there was only the two of them. Seo Yeon and Jin. Only. Jin was checking his phone while slurping his Coke.

“Are you having fun?” she asked.

“Of course.”

“I don’t know since when you started answer my question with only two or three words.”

“What do you mean?” Still not looking.

“Nothing.”

“Alright.” He answered simply. She felt like she wanted to laugh very hard right now.

“I am only your close friend right?” she mumbled.

“What? I can’t hear you.”

“Jin.” She called.

“Hm?”

“Jin, look at me.”

He glanced at Seo Yeon for a while and returned his focus back to his phone. She took a drastic step and snatched away his phone.

“Yah!” Jin said, with her voice suddenly raised.

“If I know this would make you look at me, I would have done it from a long time ago.” She said. The tears threatened to fall but she held it in.

“Huh?”

She stepped closer to him slowly and wrapped her arms around his waist. She laid her head on his chest and a tear slipped from her eyes.

“Yah,” Jin said. “Why so sudden?” Jin asked. Unfortunately, the strange tone in his voice was too obvious that it hurt her. “Yah, let go.” And yup, Jin surprisingly-not-so-surprisingly pulled his hand from hers.

“W-why?” it just so painful to speak.

“People will see.”

“Then? Since when you started to think about other people?”

“What?”

“You’ve changed. So much. So fast. And I didn’t see that coming.”

“What are you talking about.”

“I should not keep my hopes up.”

“Yah, Lee Seo Yeon.” His brows creased.

Right then and there, Hae Seong arrived.

“Should we continue?” she asked brightly.

“Sure.” Jin replied and they walked together in the front. But Seo Yeon didn’t follow them. She just stood there until they disappear from her sight.

“Goodbye, Jin.”

___________________________________________________________________________

 

She opened the door and lifelessly stepped inside.

“Seo Yeon-ah, where did you go?” Min Hyuk asked, he was sitting on the couch, watching some movie.

Receiving no reply, he approached the frozen Seo Yeon in front of the door.

“Yah, Lee Seo Yeon?” he slightly shook her shoulder.

“Oppa.” She hugged him tightly and began to cry terribly. “Tell me that I’ve did a good job.”

“Huh?”

“Tell me that I’ve did great. Tell me that I wouldn’t regret it.” She sobbed as she gripped onto his shirt strongly.

“Tell me I’ve did a great job.”