chapter 3

When Two Idiots Switched Bodies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“H-Hyung...” Both Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk looked at Leeteuk pleadingly.

“Please believe us. Please help us...me...”  Kyuhyun said quietly.

Leeteuk stared at them, doubtfully at first but then his eyes slowly softened. He sighed. “Fine. I’ll talk to them,”

Kyuhyun’s and Eunhyuk’s eyes sparkled upon hearing that and before they could say anything, the elder was already out of the room. They felt a bit relieved and happy that Leeteuk finally believed them and wanted to help them. They had their hopes high that Leeteuk would successfully convince the backstage crew to cancel up D&E performance. They knew that fans would be disappointed if there was no performance from D&E for this concert but the problem was, Eunhyuk was no longer Eunhyuk but ‘Kyuhyun’ for now. Everyone would see Eunhyuk as Kyuhyun and there was no way D&E would turn out to be D&K in the end. And he was pretty sure that those who shipped EunHae or HaeHyuk or whatever it was would be disappointed if Kyuhyun was the one who appeared instead of Eunhyuk. They would question Eunhyuk’s whereabouts for sure and they would get worried and that was the last thing Eunhyuk wanted it to happen. And in case Kyuhyun happened to be performing as Eunhyuk with Donghae, Eunhyuk was pretty sure that the maknae would go blank on the stage. And he was pretty sure that Kyuhyun didn’t even remember the song lyrics, let alone the dance steps. And that would only ruin the concert for sure!

While nervously waiting for Leeteuk to come back, they got changed into their stage outfits first along with the other members. They, especially Kyuhyun, were definitely so nervous to know the result of Leeteuk convincing the crew. Though they knew that the chance to successfully convince the crew was thin, but the fact that Leeteuk, the leader of the group, was on their side, gave them a little bit confident that the result would be a good news to them – usually the crew would be easier to be convinced if it was the leader who talked to them.

“Are you okay?” Donghae worriedly asked ‘Eunhyuk’ who was restlessly sitting on the seat. He took a seat beside the latter.

“Hm,” ‘Eunhyuk’, unable to think right at the moment, half-heartedly replied. A worried expression plastered on his face as he stared at the door, waiting for Leeteuk’s entrance impatiently.

“Are you not feeling well?” Donghae asked again.

“Hm,” ‘Eunhyuk’ gave the same response, his eyes glued on the closed door.

“Donghae ah, can I ask you something?” ‘Kyuhyun’, who sat on the other side of ‘Eunhyuk’, looked over at the clueless Donghae.

“Sure. What is it?” Donghae replied, not having any thought that the one he was talking to wasn’t Kyuhyun but Eunhyuk.

“What do you think about...body swap?” Eunhyuk’s question caught Kyuhyun’s attention as he took his eyes off of the door and looked at his own handsome face.

“Body swap?” Donghae blinked in confusion.

“Well, you know...like two people trapped in each other’s bodies?” Eunhyuk looked at the latter, curious over his answer.

Donghae blinked. “Why are you asking me about this?”

“What do you think about it?” Eunhyuk said instead of answering him. Kyuhyun, on the other hand, heard their conversation without saying anything.

Donghae thought for a while before he answered, “....Awesome?”

“Would you believe it if that happens in real life?” Eunhyuk continued asking.

“How can I? It only happens in dramas and movies though,” Donghae answered without hesitation. “Why are you asking about this all of a sudden?” he threw the same question he had thrown to the latter earlier.

Eunhyuk exchanged looks with Kyuhyun before his eyes found Donghae back. “Donghae ah, actually we─” Eunhyuk paused when the sound of the door creaking open filled the not-that-silent atmosphere. He whipped his head towards it, same went to Kyuhyun. Their eyes sparkled once their eyes landed on Leeteuk who was approaching them with an unreadable expression. They stood up on their feet once the leader reached in front of them; and their action followed by the clueless Donghae.

“I’ve talked to them. You and Donghae don’t have to perform together after this,” Leeteuk informed, looking at ‘Eunhyuk’ and Donghae.

“Huh? Why?” Donghae asked, bewildered.

“‘Eunhyuk’ isn’t feeling well, is he?” Leeteuk replied.

“But...he’s fine enough to perform though,” Donghae retorted. He couldn’t help but feel bewildered since they usually would be allowed to not perform only if they were injured badly, especially if the injury didn’t allow one to dance.

“I don’t know. The crew are okay with it though,” Leeteuk shrugged, didn’t want to answer specifically as he assumed Donghae had yet known about what happened to Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk. He turned his attention to ‘Kyuhyun’ and ‘Eunhyuk’ but then his eyes found Donghae back. “Can you leave us alone for a bit?” he asked Donghae.

Donghae was hesitant a bit and there was a hint of suspicion in his eyes before he finally nodded and walked away from them. Though, he still eyed them suspiciously as he walked away.

“How can this happen?” Leeteuk quietly asked once he made sure that no one was nearby them. The rest of the members at that time were doing their own activities. Most of them were fiddling with their phones and didn’t pay attention to them.

“We don’t know,” Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk replied in unison, anxiety and fear enveloped their voices.

Leeteuk sighed, worried for both of them. “For now, let’s not tell other members about this. We’ll tell them after this concert ends,” he whispered.

The duo nodded vigorously in reply. “Thanks, hyung,” they chorused in a whisper. “Thanks for believing us,” they added. Kyuhyun smiled gratefully at the leader meanwhile Eunhyuk, being a cry baby he was, started getting teary-eyed, only to be elbowed by Kyuhyun later on.

“Don’t get so emotional. The members would be suspicious if they see ‘me’ crying out of blue,” Kyuhyun hissed and glanced at Donghae who was watching them suspiciously from afar.

Eunhyuk instantly blinked back his tears, trying to control his feelings and he didn’t notice that Leeteuk was eyeing them suspiciously and doubtfully.

To be very honest, it was very hard for the leader to believe what was happening to both of them. But they’d been doing this concert for over ten years as a group and there was not once did these two idiots play around as much as they did for this current concert. And that made him slowly start to believe them, little by little. Come to think of it, he could still consider it as a joke if they played around singing and dancing each other’s parts for one or two songs but the fact that those two had been doing the same thing throughout the concert made him think that there was a possibility that ‘such thing’ could happen to them. And when he’d heard ‘Eunhyuk’ suddenly requesting the crew to cancel the D&E performance earlier, of course he had to believe them, he should believe them. Because he knew them too well to know that those two wouldn’t do such things just for the sake of the ‘joke’. And that was why he’d decided to help them by convincing and pleading and begging the crew to cancel the performance. And seeing their reaction now after telling them the result of him convincing the crew, the doubts and suspicions that he had had on the duo immediately vanished. He knew them too well to know that this was definitely not a joke, that both of them weren’t acting and that they both had really switched bodies.

“Kyuhyun ah,” he called out one of them and noticed that ‘Eunhyuk’ responded to it quicker than the other. And that once again proved that he had no other reason to doubt them. Though he was truly relieved that he had successfully convinced the crew to cancel the D&E performance, but still anxiety overwhelmed him more at the fact that both Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun stuck in each other’s bodies, which was a very rare situation happening in this world. The more he thought about it, the more he became worried for both of them. However, for the sake of this concert, he tried not to think about it and only focused on the currently running concert.

After the concert ended, they decided to have dinner together. It was a relief for both Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk that their condition didn’t affect the concert. Well, maybe a little but that could be forgiven. Right? They still hadn’t told the members (except Leeteuk) about their current, rare condition and they decided to tell them soon, once the right time came.

For the first time in the concert earlier, Eunhyuk didn't strip his shirt because it was not his body but Kyuhyun's and Kyuhyun didn't allow him to do so. Meanwhile, it was the first time for Kyuhyun to be shirtless – it was a new experience for him and he felt good about it because it was the first time for him to hear fans squealing over 'his' body. Oh, how he wished there were no scars on his own body because of the accident he had had a long time ago. Sigh!

Oh, and not to mention, because of such overload excitement taking over Kyu's body (or rather Eunhyuk’s), he did pelvic s many times in front of the all excited fans and he laughed when he noticed Eunhyuk glaring at him from afar, thinking that the maknae took advantage of his hot muscular body.

Then, Donghae came from nowhere touching ‘Kyuhyun's’ (Eunhyuk’s) abs. Things became hilarious (mostly for fans) when Eunhyuk, who was in Kyu's body, quickly slapped Donghae's hand from touching his own abs because of jealousy. He didn't want Kyuhyun to feel what he was supposed to feel *cough* Donghae's touch *cough*

"Eh? Eunhyuk ah, I didn’t know you changed your phone?" Donghae asked. At the time, they were inside the car, heading to a nearby restaurant to have dinner and at the same time to celebrate their successful concert together.

Kyuhyun stiffened, looking up from fiddling with his Samsung Galaxy S7. 'Crap! Why the hell does he have to sit beside me? Oh, I forgot that I'm in Eunhyuk's body right now.' He turned to Eunhyuk who was on his other side (Kyuhyun was in between Donghae and Eunhyuk) to see the guy was sleeping with ‘his’ gaped mouth. Kyuhyun gritted his teeth, fighting back the urge from shoving his phone into Eunhyuk’s mouth (or rather his own). ‘How can he sleep at times like this? Aish this monkey, seriously.’

He turned to Donghae to see Donghae was staring at him with his puppy eyes, waiting for him to reply. He smiled awkwardly at the fish. "Yeah, I just bought it recently," he lied.

"But...before the concert, I saw you holding your iPhone with you," he looked at Kyuhyun questioningly.

"Hahaha..." Kyuhyun laughed nervously. "No, your eyes must've a problem. Hahaha..." he laughed again then faked a yawn. "Ughh! I’m so sleepy. I wanna take a nap for a while. Wake me up once we arrived, okay?"

"Okay" Donghae replied nonetheless even though he was kinda not satisfied with the maknae’s answer.

Quietly, Kyuhyun breathed a sigh of relief. 'Please. I don't want to sit beside him again,' he prayed in his heart. Not that he didn't like Donghae, but the guy just had so many questions to be asked, like a curious kid. And Kyuhyun found it so annoying, especially right now when he was in Eunhyuk’s body. He wondered how Eunhyuk could stand to be with him for such a long time when he himself barely could do so even for a minute.

Once they arrived at the restaurant, Donghae woke Kyuhyun up like what he was told to. After that, all of them got off the car and made their way into the restaurant. After reserving a private room with a table consisting thirteen seats, they ordered their food from a waitress.

[The members’ POV excluding Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk]

"What do you want to eat, Eunhyuk ah?" Heechul asked, looking at the latter who was sitting across him.

He raised an eyebrow when he found Eunhyuk ignored him (he was busy scrolling down through his phone) but instead Kyuhyun answered, "I want to eat..." he paused as his eyes glued on the menu in front of him. "...jjajangmyun," he finally continued.

"Okay, Kyuhyun wants Jjajangmyun-"

"Wait...what?” Kyuhyun looked at Heechul quizzically. "I thought you asked me?"

Heechul raised an eyebrow, annoyed already. "Actually I never ask you, Kyuhyun ah. I asked Eunhyuk."

Heechul's words made Kyuhyun blink his eyes in confusion and once he realized what was going on, he slowly turned his head to the side, to see his own body (Eunhyuk’s body) was busy with his phone. He ment

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter