Chapter 2

When Two Idiots Switched Bodies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yah, you two. I never knew you were planning to exchange parts before," Heechul said to both Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk. At that time, they were changing their stage outfit in the dressing room for their next performance.

Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk glanced at each other, pausing from fixing the stage outfit that they had just put on their ‘own’ bodies.

"That's right. I was really shocked when Kyuhyun did the handstand Eunhyuk usually did when we were performing Mr Simple earlier. Since when did you practice it, Kyuhyun ah? I thought you were busy with your radio star and musical," Leeteuk spoke. After all of the members had introduced themselves to the audiences earlier, they’d directly continued performing the mentioned song without Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk managing to discuss if they should just do their own parts or pretend to be each other by singing each other’s parts. The time limit also didn’t allow them to do so. So they’d ended up singing their own parts again and when the part where Eunhyuk had to do the handstand came, the loudest cheers ever from fans engulfed the stadium as they thought the one who did that was really Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun, who couldn’t think right and was still shocked with what was happening to him and Eunhyuk, decided to just stay silent, meanwhile Eunhyuk decided to tell the members even though he somehow knew that they wouldn’t believe him easily.

“H-Hyung, actually we....” he trailed off when he remembered that they weren’t alone in the room as there were a few staff who were helping them with their outfits. Other than the members, he didn’t want anyone else to know what was happening to both Kyuhyun and himself. They didn’t want any rumour about them to spread out widely and came to their fans’ knowledge. "Uhm..." Eunhyuk cleared his throat. "I-I....well, aren’t I the main dancer of the group? You know...hahaha" Eunhyuk laughed awkwardly and looked at Kyuhyun who was pursing his lip, holding back his laughter. For Kyuhyun, hearing Eunhyuk saying something like that was the same like hearing the elder approving him as the main dancer of the group. And that definitely satisfied the maknae regarding how Eunhyuk usually (and probably jokingly) denied that Kyuhyun was one of the main dancers of the group.

‘I'm indeed the main dancer,’ Kyuhyun thought with a smirk on his face.

"Tsk...main dancer?" Ryeowook tried to hold back his laughter but failed as he now was laughing his heart out. "Ah, so funny! Hahaha!" he continued laughing out loud and some of them joined him laughing while the rest merely stared at him blankly, not finding it funny at all.

Kyuhyun, who felt humiliated, couldn't control himself from smacking Ryeowook's head.

"Ouch!" Ryeowook winced and frowned at whom he thought Eunhyuk. "Hyukkie hyung! What was that for?" he whined, rubbing the spot ‘Eunhyuk’ had hit him on.

‘Eunhyuk’ smirked. "That's your punishment for insulting me. Serves you right!" he stuck his tongue out at Ryeowook.

"Since when did I insult you?! You ugly monkey!"

"Yah, how dare you call me ugly monkey, you ugly human!" ‘Kyuhyun’ (Eunhyuk) snarled.

"What's wrong with you, Kyu? I'm talking to Eunhyuk!" Ryeowook scowled and that made both of them fall silent. They just remembered that they were in each other’s bodies and people around them would think of them not as themselves anymore but as each other. They’d forgotten for a while that they had switched bodies. They heaved a deep sigh as they came to the realization. For God’s sake, they really couldn’t understand how this could happen to both of them. Why didn’t this happen to the other members? Why did it have to be them? Why only both of them had to suffer because of this?

"But wait...what did you say? Ugly human, huh?" Ryeowook stared furiously at ‘Kyuhyun’. "You the most stupid gamer!" His eyebrows furrowed when whom he thought Kyuhyun didn’t give any response but instead ‘Eunhyuk’ was the one who did.

"Yah!" ‘Eunhyuk’ (Kyuhyun) snarled.

"Stop it, guys,” Leeteuk stopped them from bickering, frowning slightly at them.

The atmosphere fell silent after that and that lasted for a moment before Donghae broke it.

"I don't know if you guys realized this, but when I heard Eunhyuk singing Kyu's part earlier, he sounded so good. Like, never ever Eunhyuk sang that good before," Donghae continued back with the previous topic.

"That's right. His vocal has improved," Yesung approved.

Kyuhyun smirked at their compliments towards Eunhyuk which he took as compliments to himself. He wiggled his eyebrows at Eunhyuk and gave him an I-demand-you-a-new-laptop look. Eunhyuk, who understood the meaning behind that y look of the maknae, rolled his eyes.

"Now let's say Eunhyuk is the main vocalist now and Kyuhyun is the main dancer. Agree?" Shindong said, joking.

"Agree!" they playfully answered and laughed afterwards. Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk laughed along with them but in an awkward manner.

After all of them were ready, they walked out of the dressing room and made their way to the stage for the next performance. As for Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk, they decided to sing their own parts for the next performance since there was not enough time for them to practice each other’s parts including the choreography which was obviously different for each members – each of them had different positions in every of their choreographies after all.

“When do you guys plan to stop the joke?” Leeteuk suddenly asked Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun when they were done performing a few songs and were heading to the backstage again to change into other outfits. Leeteuk was walking in the middle of both of them.

Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk looked at each other and gulped. “Uhm...” They happened to speak at the same time but no other words could come out of their mouths at the moment, speechless.

“A-Actually hyung....” Eunhyuk paused as they got into the dressing room along with the other members and immediately dragged Leeteuk to the corner of the room, followed by Kyuhyun. The other members didn’t pay attention to them as they absentmindedly started putting on the other outfits that were handed by staff. Eunhyuk took a glance at his surrounding to make sure that no one was near the three of them then took a deep breath, “Actually hyung....that was not a joke,”

Leeteuk furrowed his eyebrows at who he thought Kyuhyun then glanced at ‘Eunhyuk’ who merely remained silent as a worried expression tugged on his face. “What do you mean?” the leader asked.

“I swear you wouldn’t believe what we’re going to tell you after this,” Eunhyuk continued.

Worry started to show on the leader’s facial expression. “What’s wrong? What happened?” he looked at both of them as if demanding an answer.

“We...our bodies...switched,” Kyuhyun said when he found Eunhyuk seemed hesitant to tell the elder. Both of them looked at the leader expectantly, hoping that the leader would directly (impossibly) believe them but their hope immediately ruined once their eyes caught an amused smile crept in the corner of Leeteuk’s lips.

“How could that be possible?” Leeteuk looked at both of them in amusement, finding what Kyuhyun had just said ridiculous.

Before both of them could explain, Heechul suddenly appeared out of nowhere, looking at them questioningly.

“What are you guys discussing? And why haven’t you guys got changed yet? We’re gonna be late though,” Heechul spoke.

“Oh, right?” Leeteuk said in realization. “I’d better get changed now. We’ll talk later,” Leeteuk said to the two switched-bodies guys who hopelessly eyed the leader walking away.

Heechul averted his gaze from the leader and looked at the duo, raising an eyebrow. “Why are you guys still standing here? Get changed now,” Heechul instructed, looking at the two bewilderedly.

“Y-Yeah,” they replied then rushed to the clothes rack where the outfits they needed to change into were, while being eyed by Heechul who found them behaving a little bit weirdly.

 

 

“Are we still going to sing our own parts like before?” Kyuhyun asked quietly to Eunhyuk as both of them walked the most behind among the other members as they headed back to the stage all together to continue performing.

“Do you think we have any choice right now?” Eunhyuk retorted. “It’d still be okay if we switched bodies before the concert, at least we could practice singing each other’s parts. But now...” he sighed at the reality that he had to face right now.

“I know. But we can’t sing our own parts forever. Remember you and Donghae are going to perform together after this? And later on, I’ll be the next to perform. What should we do in our condition right now?” Kyuhyun spoke with a hint of frustration and panic in his tone.

Eunhyuk’s eyes widened as realization hit him on the head. “That’s right...” he muttered under his breath. How come he’d never thought about that before? He was in a daze for a while before a frown creeping on his face. “Aish, why do you have to remind me about that now? Darn it!” he hissed as he fought back the urge from raking his hand through his hair to not ruin his styled hair. They had almost arrived at the stage and of course he didn’t want to perform with his messy hair.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter