Entry 4: Hacks

The X Clan

"Kihyun, where the are we?" Wonho asks as he whips his head around the high tech building.

"HQ." Kihyun answers simply, walking down the hall among a sea of men and women in suits. Wonho follows him like a little kid so he won't be lost in said sea. 10 floors in an elevator later, they reach the basement. As they walk through, Wonho goes full Car geek mode.

"Is that a PLOMB 6 adjustable wrench?"

"Whoa! A 1964 Platinum Silver Aston Martin DB5! I thought they were all gone!"

"There's 6 Ben Orford Flatter Curve Crooks here?"

"Kihyun! Look! It's a 2015 Pagani Huarya! This is so cool!" 

"Would you shut up? We're not even at the computer base yet and I already want to slap the blue off your hair." Kihyun grumbled as Wonho asks if he can touch another super car, which the obvious answer was no. Later Kihyun had to pry Wonho off of a Ikenga before they actually reached their destination.

"Finally, I thought I was gonna break your goggles and shove them down your throat." Kihyun watches Wonho awe again as they stood before a crapload of computers in a 3 meter radius.

"Kihyun! Pleasure to see you again after such a long time." A pink haired male said as he took off his headphones.

"Hey Jin, we just came for some information about someone." Kihyun said, nodding his head to Wonho.

"Well I'm your guy. Lay it on me."

"Im Changkyun, born January 26, 1996, Blood type O." Jin typed rapidly, 3 search results coming up.

"Height 175 cm, Weight 65 kg." Black letters seared any hope Wonho had. "No results found.

"You sure about that info Kihyun? I have no matches." Jin tries again, but met with the same response.

"Yes, I'm sur-wait. Wait. Try Lim Changkyun." Kihyun said. "1 result found." And a profile helped Wonho regain newfound confidence.

"Freaking bastard. I knew it was weird when he spelled it Lim when the teacher said Im." Kihyun mentally slaps his teenage self for being so stupid.

"Lim Changkyun. Parents, unknown. Relationships, unknown. Address, unknown. Last seen at 16 Delilah Drive." Jin read, looking through Changkyun's stats.

"Then that's where we're heading." Wonho said determinedly. Jin furrowed his eyebrows.

"There's no records of there ever being a 16 Delilah Drive anywhere in this city, or in Korea, for that matter." He puts on his glasses, signalling that he's starting to get serious. "Whoever he is, he's very good at being under the radar. But not my radar." Jin types some kind of code into the search bar, immediately running into a fire wall.

"ing bastard." Jin mutters under his breath, pushing his glasses up. Wonho and Kihyun look over his shoulder in interest.

"What are you doing?" Kihyun asks. 

"I'm trying to recalibrate his statistics into a more detailed form, unfortunately I'm running into a load of firewalls. What I am finding, is that he's definitely a digital nomad, making at least 100k a year." Wonho looks at Kihyun for any human translation, but the latter just shrugs.

"Aha! Found it!" Jin says excitedly, rapidly typing something into the computer. 

"18 Dalia Ave. third warehouse on the left." Jin gets a little weirded out. "He lives in a warehouse? With that money? Talk about MIA." He spouts in disbelief. 

"Enough with your nerd terms, we found him, send the location to me and we're done here." Kihyun says, already leaving. Wonho follows him, waving.

_

 

"Are you sure this is the place?" Wonho asks, a little miffed by the dirty gray building in front of them.

"Yes, I'm sure. Jin is never wrong." Though confident, Kihyun hesitantly opens the door with a creak.

The inside looks considerably better than the outside. The walls are still gray, but have a number of gaming posters sprawled across the, to take away from it. To the left there is a bathroom, shower, toilet, and all. To the right contains a bookshelf with a large comfy chair and coffee table, a number of papers messily sprawled on it. But the real kicker is the middle, 3 huge screens that are connected to a supercomputer, kinda like the one in Minhyuk's lair, but nerdier. A traditional gamer's chair is under it, along with various gaming devices. In said chair was a brown-haired boy, probably Changkyun, in a hoodie playing as a teddy bear fighting goo.

"This place is nerdier than ComiCon." Wonho mutters, not grabbing the attention of the brown-haired boy wearing headphones.

"Shh, we have to be stealthy." Kihyun whispers as he starts tip-toeing towards the boy, trying to ignore the brightness of the screens. Wonho follows. Soon they get close enough to hear the comments Changkyun was making.

"Come on, come on, come on, YES! That's what I.M talking about! Whoo!" He says in English, doing a victory spin, only to stop when he sees he has company.

"Oh." Is all he says, reaching a hand behind him to turn the game off. "Well this is awkward." He coughs awkwardly. "...hi?" Wonho and even Kihyun look elated and run up to hug him.

"Changkyun!" They scream, practically hugging him to death. Changkyun takes a large gasp when they pull away.

"God, we haven't seen each other in 3 years and the first thing you try to do it kill me." He jokes, standing up.

"We're so glad to see you, Changkyun. We need your help." Wonho says, that weird twinkle in his eyes.

"Wait. Before we get to that, how did you find me? I though I was completely Off-the-grid." Changkyun asks, confused. Kihyun coughs into his hand.

"Erm, connections." He says awkwardly, seeing Changkyun shoot him a look. "Fine, I got help from a friend that works in a really high tech building meant to have secrets all over, okay?" He grumbles.

"Whoever he is, mad respect. Someone who can get through my firewalls is a force to be reckoned with." Changkyun turns to Wonho. "Now, about that help." Wonho nods, and begins to tell what happened.

"Ah, I never forgot that promise." Changkyun starts, his face turning stoic, "Before the...incident, Minhyuk gave me the password. He said something about me might needing it, I didn't know that this was what he meant." Wonho and Kihyun nod solemnly, trying not to think about it. 

"You know why I came into hiding? As the one with the most connections, it was the only way. And with Minhyuk giving me such key information, there's no way I can just walk around unnoticed. It's not so bad, y'know, the solitude gives me more time to game." He smiles meekly, as if trying to make the situation better.

"But enough about the past, we still have a computer to get to, right? Lead the way." Changkyun says. 

_

 

At Minhyuk's lair, Changkyun types in the password.

 

Welcome to the X Clan

 

All of them gulp at the familiar name, but continue on. A few options come up, but Changkyun clicks on "Message from Minhyuk." There, a video pops up, showing Minhyuk in all his white-haired glory. Minhyuk smiles at the camera, delivering his message.

 

Please listen. I'm running out of time. The X Clan is falling, and they will take me away soon. Time is not on our side, but we can make it to be. Please, help. Believe in what I've grown.

 

"What he's grown? The flowers?" Wonho looks back to the said plants. 

"What do plants have to do with this?" Kihyun walks closer and examines the blue plant, looking for a connection. Changkyun starts searching things up on the computer, coming up with interesting results.

"There not just flowers, they're larkspur. Fragile, endangered, oh and they're toxic." Changkyun reads out loud. Wonho flinches at the last part, taking his hand away from touching it. 

"Like the X Clan." Kihyun mutters. "But how would toxic flowers help us with this? It doesn't make sense."

"I say we stay here for a while and try to find as much info as we can. There's not much else we can do." Changkyun says, looking through the other options from earlier.

"I guess so." Wonho mutters, going through some documents on the table. "Huh." He says, flipping through a file. "Didn't know Minhyuk invented things too."

Kihyun leans over to look at it. "Time Machine." He reads, scanning the blueprint. "Isn't that science fiction?"

"In an inventor's world, nothing is fiction. This is some elementary though. The sketch is bad, and the details are vague. I might have to do some reconfiguring around the-"

"Okay, smartass, we get it, you can make stuff. While you do your thing, I'm going to look through these files." Kihyun rolls his eyes "a time machine, these people are crazy." He says under his breath as Wonho excitedly looks through the blueprints.