Chapter 1

Our Broken Story

There were from different types of socialization, Jiyong was an event organizer in Seoul and was currently having difficulties in life, misunderstood by many he still tried to look as if nothing is happening inside of him while Dara is a nurse from Busan who’s currently working at the Seoul United Hospital, one of the leading hospital in giving care and satisfactory work in regards with patients’ condition, a girl who is filial and didn’t have any troubles in terms of living condition. Who would have thought that because of one night of crossing paths their lives would drastically change? Can a nurse heal and understand the wounded heart of an event organizer?

🎶🎶🎶

Everyone was busy as days passed in Seoul United Hospital but it seems like normal for everyone. Emergency Department and Out Patient Department were crowded with people as usual, Dara who dropped by to her friend Bom waited at the bench so the two of them could go home together.

“Yow pretty Dara. What brought you here on our department?” Song Mino, the head nurse of the ED came up with a joyful smile.

“I was waiting for my friend Bom, the operations in my department are already done so I could go home early than usual.” The beautiful Operating Nurse smiled back.

“It’s still five in the afternoon, good for you. Say, me and the others are going out tonight, care to join us?” the guy invited her while crossing his arms on his chest.

Dara was about to decline the offer, she drinks occasionally but today she just wanted to lay down on her beloved bed and go to sleep early when an arm enveloped her shoulders.

“Where would that be? Mind me tagging along with Dee?” Bomb uttered while smiling unto the head nurse.

“Of course you’re welcome Bom, I’ll call you later to pick you girls up. Okay?”

“Sure, we’ll be ready.”

After Mino left them Dara faced Bomb who looked like she’s pretty excited for the partly later.

“Bommie! You know I just want to have some sleep later.” Dara pouted as she stood up and walked.

Bom practically ran to catch her friend up after getting her bag and left the Out Patient Department, “Come on Dee, it’s been ages the last time we went out and have some drinks.”

“I’m tired, okay? You could just go by yourself, besides Mino would be there so you’re completely fine.” Dara argued back.

“Aigoo, come on girl! It’s our day off tomorrow and you could get the sleep you want tomorrow.” Bon convinced her.

“I’m going home to Busan tomorrow Bom.”

“Perfect! Just sleep while you travel.”

Dara stopped at her tracks which made Bom bumped on her back and hurting her lips, “Ouch!” Bom yelled.

Dara sighed deep and looked annoyed, Bom on the other hand seeing the look on her face immediately turned her puppy mode on making her look pitiful.

“You really won’t take no for an answer don’t you?”

Bom shook her head and smiled, ”Ani.”

“Aigoo, why do I have a friend like you Park Bom.” Dara uttered repeatedly and walked again.

Bom giggled loudly as a sign of victory and embraced her friend, “Thank you! I love you Dee! Now let’s hurry up and wash up!”

🎶🎶🎶

Seunghyun, Youngbae and Seungri practically slammed the door of that certain apartment just to be able to enter it. Darkness welcomed the guys as they stepped in.

“Jiyong!” Seunghyun called out and breathed a relief when a moan of hurt answered them back.

Hurrying towards the room where the sound came from they saw their friend lying on the floor with bottles of liquor lying around.

“What the are you doing man?” Youngbae exclaimed and is the first one to try to sit their friend up.

“I’ll get the warm water for sponge bath.” Seungri uttered and in just a second was rummaging their friend’s kitchen.

“Why are you drowning yourself again with liquor Ji? What happened?” Seunghyun asked as he helped Youngbae sit their friend up on the bed.

Kwon Jiyong looked like trash as his friends marveled him, “She has someone else man, she’s practically over me.” He whispered.

The two can’t help but sigh as a sign of disappointment as they heard their friend’s mumble, it’s not the first time that Jiyong let himself be drowned with alcohol and don’t give a damn about the world. Jiyong is still broken hearted even if his ex-girlfriend Kiko called it quits between them a year ago.

“It’s that Kiko again?!” Youngbae exclaimed, fed up with the fact that his friend still lingers on the idea that he and his ex could still work it out.

“Youngbae.” The eldest called up.

“No hyung! I’m full of this sh*t! We’ve been babying him since the day that that girl left him! But he should know that no matter what he does Kiko Mizuhara won’t come back at him anymore!”

“That’s not true! She still loves me!” Drunk Jiyong argued while trying to stand from the bed but failed miserably.

“Wake up Kwon Jiyong! She’s all over you! Move on get a life!” Youngbae pointed out.

Seunghyun sighed and massaged his aching temples when Jiyong sobbed, “Tsk. Come on Ji, let’s get you clean up.”

“I want my drink.” The sobbing guy answered while trying to wipe his tears off.

“You’re going to get your drink after you clean up.” Seunhyun uttered, still trying to understand his friend while Youngbae opened their friend’s closet and searched for decent clothes.

🎶🎶🎶

Dara sipped her margarita while looking at her friend dancing wildly at the dance floor, laser lights makes her head ache and the noise seriously annoys her.

“What the hell am I doing here?” she whispered annoyed.

“Hey Dara, why won’t you dance with us?” Zico, also an Emergency Department Nurse and Mino’s friend asked as he stumbled himself to sit beside the girl who keeps sitting at her seat.

Dara smiled thrifty, “I’m really am not in the mood to party and besides I’m not that good of a dancer.”

Zico smiled seductively towards Dara and sat nearer while hitting his lips as if suggesting something, “Well if that’s the case I won’t mind keeping you company.”

Dara felt chills as Zico tried to reach for her hand to kiss it, quick to react the beautiful girl stood up and quickly distanced herself from the flirting guy. “Mind if I go to the powder room? Thank you!”

She heard Zico’s unsubtle chuckles as she hurriedly left him and went to the powder room to spend some time there.

“That creep!! I can’t believe he would flirt and tried to do some moves on me! Aigoo Dara-ah you really shouldn’t have fall for those puppy eyes of Bom, now look where you’re stuck.” Washing her hands vigorously as if deadly bacterias were on it.

A low growl caught Dara’s attention and briefly scanned her surroundings to look for its source but found none, shrugging her shoulders she wiped her hands.

“Is anybody there? Please help.” A voice seemingly in pain called out.

Being a nurse, Dara’s instinct quickly worked and went towards the person who needs help. The powder room was deserted and that made her search easier. Her brow lifted up as she looked at the person who turned out to be a guy sitting at the floor in a cubicle with his head near the basin and looked drunk and is slipping from consciousness.

“Hey are you alright? What are you doing here? This is a girl’s powder room and you shouldn’t be here considering you’re a man.”

“Please help, I can’t stand, everything’s spinning.” The obviously drunk guy asked.

Dara contemplated for a second before finally decided to help the guy, “Come I’ll help you.”

🎶🎶🎶

“Have you seen him yet?” Seunghyun asked while trying to scan for a certain person on that bar there currently on.

“Not yet hyung, where the heck is he?” Youngbae uttered, he’s pissed at the moment but worry as a mother and it’s consuming him.

“I’m so sorry hyung I didn’t watch him as you guys told me to do so, he asked for a drink even if he had consumed more when we arrived here that’s why I let my eyes off of him.” Seungri batting his nails as he tried to hide his nervous.

Youngbae owns the bar, after talking some sense on Jiyong earlier at the latter’s apartment the guy asked for one last night to drink his whole heart to as a promise that after that day he’ll try his best to forget his ex.

Lots of people crowded the bar and that’s making the guys’ search harder, they were searching for Jiyong for 20 minutes now but even the guy’s shadow can’t be seen.

“Did you try calling his phone?” The eldest of three asked as he pulled his own phone from his pocket and checked to see if ever his friend tried to reach him through it.

“Yeah I already did but he’s not answering it for some reason, let’s just try to find him again. Maybe he’s just around and is busy drinking and drowning himself with alcohol.” Youngbae uttered.

They were about to scatter and try to search again when Seunghyun’s phone rang, it was Jiyong’s name appearing on the caller id.

“Where are you Jiyong! We’re looking for you like dumb people for minutes now.”

“Ahm.., hi. I think your friend won’t be able to answer you right now at his current condition.” A girl’s voice answered at the other line making Seunghyun’s forehead crease.

“Who is this?” he asked instead.

🎶🎶🎶

Dara put the stranger’s phone back on his pocket and sighed, “What did I put myself onto now?”

After helping the guy from the powder room, she did her best to get him to the open balcony of the bar for him to get some fresh air to gather his wits because he looked intoxicated.

“Kiko.” The guy softly mumbled.

“Did you say something?” Dara asked unto him who’s head was lying on her shoulder, she’s clearly uncomfortable with the position they are in and the closeness of their bodies with each other. They were sitting at the floor and their backs on the railing, his head lying on her shoulder and his arms intertwined with hers.

The girl can’t help but just sigh after not getting any response on the seemingly knocked out guy.

Three guys emerged after a couple of minutes looking concerned as they scanned the balcony and hurriedly walked towards them as they spotted their friend.
 

“Kwon Jiyong!” the guy with a Mohawk looked relieved as he looked closely unto his friend making the girl more uncomfortable. “He’s asleep.”

The other two guys looked at Dara and smiled as if thanking her for what she did for their friend.

“Thank you for keeping our friend company Ms?” a deep cool voice matched the guy’s handsome face.

“Dara, Dara Park.”

“Ms. Dara, my name is Choi Seunghun, this is Lee Seungri.” Pointing at the guy who looked like a panda.

“And my name is Dong Youngbae, I’m the owner of this bar.” Guy with Mohawk uttered.

Dara offered them a smile and slowly detached himself from the sleeping guy which Youngbae assisted and made himself be the one where his friend lean at.

“Glad to meet you all, I found him at the girl’s powder room and brought him here to have some fresh air because he looked like he had lots of drinks.”

“Yeah he did.” Seungri said and helped Youngbae to make their friend stand.

“Okay, now that I’m sure he’s going to be fine with you guys I’ll be heading my way.” Dara bid goodbye and walked back at the bar.

“She’s quite a beauty, right hyung?” the youngest uttered when the girl disappeared from their sight.

“Shut it Lee Seungri, were going home with Jiyong.” Seunghyun dialed something on his phone and minutes later a black car came to fetch them.

🎶🎶🎶

It’s been a couple of months since the bar accident happened, Dara just forget what happened that day to also forget the constant flirting of Zico that until now is texting and bugging her for a dinner. Bom never dared again to invite her to have some drinks after Dara got mad and made a long sermon the night when they got home.

Dee was preparing the sets of instruments for the next days’ scheduled operations when her phone beeped, thinking it’s one of her friends she hurriedly opened it, but a crease formed on her forehead when an unknown and unregistered number flashed on her screen.

Sender: Unknown

                              Hi!

Dara’s used to unknown numbers texting her from time to time because her pessimistic concerned friend Bom always gives her number to guys who she thinks are handsome and would suits as her boyfriend.

Sender: Unknown

You free for drinks tonight?

The beautiful girl can’t help but feel irritated while reading the stranger’s text, “What an A-hole! I don’t even know this person and its asking me for drinks tonight?!”

“Dee!! Let’s go home!” a chirpy voice called out of the door of the Central Supply Room in the Operating Department was heard.

Hearing her friend’s voice Dara hurriedly ran towards the door and bombarded her best friend with questions.

“Park Bom! I told you to stop giving my numbers to people! Who the heck did you gave my number unto now and that m*ther er even have the guts to ask me for drinks for tonight without even telling me its name!”

Bom blinked her big beautiful eyes towards her friend as if she doesn’t have any idea what she’s talking about. “What are you talking about?”

“I said…” Dara was about to rant again when she analyzes her friend’s words, “Wait? You didn’t give my number to anybody?”

Bom shook her head as an answer, and Dara’s blood shoot up to its highest point when realizing that a complete stranger is texting her.

“Then who is this person texting me?!”

“Certainly not me.” Bom joked as if to ease her friend’s irritation, “Come on let’s go home and have some ramyun.”

Looking at her cell once more, Dee decided to just ignore it like the other numbers who are texting her.

🎶🎶🎶🎶

Days passed like hours, Dara huffed in relief when the operation was finally over, taking off the bloody gloves from her soft hands and operating cap letting her black straight hair down.

“I’m bullet proof nothing to lose fire away fire away, ricochet you take your aim fire away fire away. You shoot me down but I won’t fall, I am titanium. You shoot me down but I won’t fall, I am titanium.” She sang while washing her hands thoroughly in running water.

“Bravo, I really like your voice.” A voice from behind her uttered.

Caught off guard Dara looked who’s behind her, no other than Zico. Annoyance and bother filled the beautiful girl’s system seeing him there in the Operating Room lounge. “What are you doing here? You’re not part of our team.”

“Surprise! Surprise! I asked our chief to transfer me to your department, and here I am!” Zico smiled as if he’s really happy.

“Why would you do that?”

“So I can be with you Dee.” Zico said, painted with a playful smirk.

Dara tried to hide the disapproval she’s feeling, since the party they attended Zico never stopped on bugging her even if she did her best to shoo him away because frankly she doesn’t like him.

“That’s pointless Zico, there’s no reason for you to transfer departments just because of that.” Dara dried her hands and proceeded to the door trying to end their conversation.

Zico didn’t give up and ran towards her, pulling her arm, “Come on Dee! Till when will you play hard to get? I’m laying myself unto you! Can’t you get that?”

“Can you please not hold me?” Dara trying her arm to break free.

“Come on babe I know you like me too, just admit it.”

Dara huffed and forcefully retrieved her arm from the lunatic guy, "I’m not playing hard to get you dimwit! I really don’t feel any attraction unto you so please stop bugging me!”

Dara left with hurried steps, trying to distance herself with him.

“I still won’t give up on you Sandara Park.” Zico muttered with clenched fist.

🎶🎶🎶🎶

It’s time to go home but Dara doesn’t want to go back to the Operating Room lounge to fetch her bag afraid that she’ll bump again with the persistent Zico. She can’t help but let a sigh and with dropped shoulder walked towards the lounge cause all her belongings and wallet were there.

As if spying, Dara looked from right to left before entering just to make sure that the coast is clear, with her ninja moves she tiptoed her way towards the lounge.

“What are you doing?” a voice called out.

Surprised Dara let an ‘eeekkk’ sound out, the man who caught her was sitting at the sofa with a cup of coffee on his hands and a medical magazine on his lap.

“Dr. Lee! I didn’t know you’re here.” Dara blushed in embarrassment.

The so called Dr. Lee smiled unto her, “Please call me Donghae, you’re too formal Dara.”

Dara can’t help but smile and feel her heart flutter with his words. Lee Donghae is a double specialty doctor, he’s a great surgeon and a very effective psychiatrist and Dara adores him not just because of his intelligence but also because of his looks too.

“D-donghae.” Dara whispered.

“What brought you here? Your shift’s time ended right? You should go home now.” Donghae asked.

“I left my bag here earlier and came back to fetch it.” Walking towards her own closet and grabbed her bag. “I’m going now Dr. Lee, I-I mean Donghae.”

Donghae nodded and smiled, “Keep safe and see you around.”

Walking away Dara clenched her chest where her heart pound loudly and a blush painted her face red. There’s no denying that she had a secret crush with the doctor, well he’s handsome alright but more than that he’s kind and humble.

“Hey Miss!!” a voice shouted that made Dara snap into reality again.

There standing at the exit door, a guy waves towards her as if he’s waiting for her, looking around and seeing nobody there Dara doubly pointed to herself as if confirming and the stranger smiled cutely and walked towards her.

Its as if time stopped momentarily when he walked towards her, his every step, his gestures, all of it seemed in slow motion and the next thing she knew he’s standing in front of her now.

“Hi.”

“Hello?” she uttered.

“Are you going home? Can we have some coffee first?”

Thinking hard, Dara scanned her memory if she really knows who this guy is but not recognizing him she wearily asked him, “Do I know you?”

As if on cue the guy laughed a bit and scratched gis head as if something clicked, “Oh yeah I forgot to introduce myself, hey I’m Jiyong.”

“Jiyong?”

Jiyong smiled charmingly, “Yeah? The guy you helped at the bar?”

Hearing what he said, Dara’s eyes turned to saucers as if remembering, “That’s you?”

🎶🎶🎶🎶