003

Whispers of Hope
Please log in to read the full chapter

“That’s the last bag right?” Rin asked looking at Sooji brought another bag inside the house from outside.

“Yep, this is the last one.” Sooji said and smiled innocently at her friend.

“Thank God!” Rin exclaimed, straightened her back and slouched down on the couch near her. Sooji’s luggage were a lot and because all of them were quite heavy they could only take one bag at a time, making them go back and forth from the house to the car.

Sooji rolled her eyes at her friend dramatic gesture. “It was not that heavy okay.”

“Yeah, sure, whatever. I can develop more muscle just from lifting your bags.” Rin said lazily and waved her hand in the air making Sooji pouted more than she already was.

“We still need to bring these luggages to the master bedroom.” Sooji said.

“Just shoot me.” Rin said and put her arm over her eyes.

Sooji laughed a bit at her friend’s behavior. “I would but I don’t have a gun. Now will you get up and help me with these luggages? Please I’ll cook you something yummy for lunch.” Sooji tried to persuade Rin with food, even though she knew her friend was a not a big eater but she knew she could use food to bribe Rin. I mean who would refuse food right? Rin who heard the word ‘food’ escaping from Sooji’s lips made her sat up right away.

Sooji smiled victoriously. “I knew food will-“

“That’s right, I have to make lunch for Jimin. Well then good luck bringing these bags upstairs.” Rin smiled cheekily and got up from the couch, saluting her friend and went inside the kitchen to prepare for lunch.

“Yah! You can’t do this to me!” Sooji half-yelled at Rin who was in the kitchen.

“I already did unnie!” Rin yelled back and emphasized the word ‘unnie’ at her. Sooji was only three months older than Rin but sometimes they joke with each other with Sooji saying that she was older than Rin and she should use formality with her. Rin who listened to her words that time just rolled her eyes at Sooji’s ridiculous statement, but at a time like this made it fun for her to tease Sooji. Sooji looked at the luggage and sighed heavily, she had no choice but to bring these bags by herself. Who knows maybe someone will magically appear and helped her? Thinking about that, her eyes lowered a bit remembering how Jimin always helped her with everything. Usually carrying stuff for her as he claimed himself to be ‘Noona’s man’. Her lips turned into a sad smiled remembering the memories.

“Rin noona! Jimin-ah! I’m home!” The sound of a man’s deep voice but sound kind of childish at the same time broke Sooji train of thoughts. She looked behind her and saw a man looking at her confusedly like how she looked at him.

“Who are you?” Both of them asked each other and then raised an eyebrow together, looking at each other up and down without a blinked. Both of them thought maybe the other person wanted to rob the house.

The man’s eyes went to the luggage those were on the floor and then looked back to her. ‘I’m sure the car outside is Rin noona’s, but who is she? Is she going to rob the house?’ The man thought to himself and kept on staring at her.

‘Is he Rin and Jimin’s acquaintance? If he’s going to rob the house he won’t shout their names.’ Sooji thought to herself and kept on inspecting the guy in front of her who was just standing there.

“Taehyung-ah.” Rin’s voice was heard in the living room and both of their thoughts were broken instantly. The guy whose name was Taehyung looked at Rin who was holding a spatula and wearing an apron. Sooji eyes widened when Rin said his name. She looked at him intensely and was a little bit surprised to see this handsome guy in front of her was the same guy that she knew when they were kids. Of course Taehyung was cute as a kid but she didn't know that he would grow up to be such a sharp-looking man.

“Oh, noona, you’re here but who is she? Your friend?” Taehyung asked and glanced at Sooji once again.

Rin smiled at him. “Taehyung, don’t you recognize her? Look at her one more time.” She said and Taehyung did exactly what Rin told him to do. His head tilted to the side, trying to remember who she was. Sooji just smiled looking at him.

“She looks familiar but I don't know.” Taehyung shrugged. He thought that she looked really familiar with her big round eyes and her smile but he was not sure if she was the girl that he was thinking about.

“She’s Nam Sooji.” Rin finally said with a smiled and then went back inside the kitchen, knowing that Taehyung would make a bit of commotion when he finally realized who the ‘familiar’ lady was.

“Soo..ji noona?” Taehyung said slowly and looked at Sooji with his eyes widened. Sooji smiled and nodded to him.

“Hi, Taehyung.” As soon as Sooji said that Taehyung engulfed her in a big bear hug.

“Sooji noona! It’s been so long! We missed you so much!” He cried out in a loud voice.

“Me, in particular!” He added while still hugging Sooji. Rin who was in the kitchen could already imagine what happened in the living room and just rolled her eyes. Sooji giggled a bit on his chest and patted his back gently. He grew taller than she expected but that how boys are, they were shorter than girls when they were kids but when they were older they usually taller than girls. Just like now, Sooji remember Taehyung was shorter than her and he would usually ask her for a piggyback but Jimin didn't let him do that to Sooji. So Taehyung would just ride on the back of the eldest boy in their group of friends or sometimes Rin became the victim if ‘someone’ was not there.

“Sooji noona~” Taehyung called for Sooji cutely and she turned her head from talking with Rin.

“What is it Tae?” Soo

Please log in to read the full chapter