002

Whispers of Hope
Please log in to read the full chapter

 They arrived at a small but cozy house. Rin’s car parked on the small garage in front of the house and they went out from the car. Sooji looked at the house in front of her. The house was just like before she left the place but there was a slight different about it that she couldn’t tell. Maybe it was just her feelings because she didn’t visit the house for a long time. She took a deep breath and calmed her beating heart. After what Rin told her just now at a café she couldn’t believe it. Everything was too sudden for her and it was hard for her to digest everything she said. She couldn’t believe what she heard, she didn't expect to hear such things the first thing she landed here in Seoul.

“What are you waiting for? Come in.” Rin’s voice snapped her out from her thoughts. She saw that her friend was already at the door with the door opened while Sooji was still at the car. Sooji nodded and went to the door. Rin opened the door wider for her and she went inside. The place was neat and clean, the living room was small and a door frame was located at the back where the kitchen was. The place was just the same, with little new furniture here and there but other than that everything was the same.

“This place looks really clean.” Sooji said.

“Yeah, we cleaned the house once a week.” Rin said with a small smiled. Sooji walked around the living room looking at the family pictures on wall. A picture of Jimin when he was a baby with his parents, picture of his first day at school, picture of his first school trip, picture of him and his mother and finally picture of him and his friends.

Sooji smiled a little looking at the last picture, the nine of them looked so happy and she could remember the picture was taken when they were joking around with each other. Jimin’s smiled was the brightest that time and she felt her heart tightened in fear and sadness to see the new Jimin now.

“Do you want to see Jimin?” Rin asked slowly while standing beside her also looking at their childhood picture together. Sooji took a deep breath and turned to face her. She nodded to Rin as an answer to her question.

“Let’s go upstairs.” Rin said and walked to the stairs. Sooji followed behind her. The second floor have three doors, two bedrooms and one bathroom. They went to the third door at the right where Jimin’s bedroom was located.

Rin knocked on the door lightly. “Jimin-ah, it’s me.” She said but there was no answer. She looked at Sooji who was just staring at the door.

“Someone is here to meet you. It’s Sooji. You remember her right?” Rin said again but there was still no answer.

“We’re coming in.” Rin said and twisted the door knob but Sooji held her hand and looked at her with panic evidence in her eyes, like asking if Jimin would be okay with them evading his privacy. Rin just gave a small nod and Sooji let go of her hand. Rin opened the door and they were greeted by the musty smell in the room. The room was a little bit humid with all the windows closed and the curtains were down. The place looked so dark with only a little bit of light peeking from the closed curtains. Beside the unfinished bed, someone who was wearing a stripe long sleeve shirt and black pants was sitting on the floor with his knees up and his arms were around his knees hugging closed to his chest. His head were on top of his arms, not moving even an inch even when he felt someone presence.

Sooji’s hand went to and her tears suddenly rolled down her cheeks. Her heart broke when she saw the boy in this state. The once cheerful boy who always br

Please log in to read the full chapter