Prologue

Whispers of Hope
Please log in to read the full chapter

 “Noona, when will you come back?” Ask the little boy with tears b in his eyes. His small hands were being held tight by the older girl who also had the same sad expression as his. The little boy’s eyes sometimes glanced at the workers who were loading the truck with furniture and boxes. Finally, the day that the boy dreaded the most had come. She would leave him and he would never know when he will ever see her again. He would be all alone and he was scared. He didn’t know what would happen with his life without her by his side. From the other side, the girl’s parents and the boy’s mother were talking to each other, saying their goodbyes.

“I don’t know… but I’ll definitely come back to you.” The girl tried to give the brightest smiled she could muster to the younger boy. Seeing he was sad like this was hard for her, she didn’t want to break down. If she did, this boy in front of her would do the same. She didn't want to move away, she wanted to stay but she couldn’t live here alone without her parents. She was still a kid and she had nothing else except for her parents.

“Do you promise?” The little boy asked and with his big innocent eyes staring back at her. The girl nodded without hesitant and held out her pinky finger.

“I promise.” The girl said and the boy laced his small pinky finger with her. The small silver rings they had on their fingers shined dully like it knew today would be a sad goodbye. Few moments later the girl was already in t

Please log in to read the full chapter