It isn't END but an AND

Goodbye Sukira

September 29th, 2016.

It was one of the hardest days of Leeteuk's life. He had to end Sukira, part of his life for 10 years. He met Ryeowook and Yesung in the morning for Lotte Welcome Week Event. He talked to them about his decision to end Sukira. And both of them support their hyung decision. He said sorry to Ryeowook a couple of time too, and when Ryeowook said "Gwenchana Hyung", it gave him a lot of comfort. He felt so relieved and thankful for it.

He cried a lot yesterday, at live broadcast, at home. It felt so hard. Even his step when he went to KBS building felt so heavy. He didn't want to do it. If he could he still want to continue, but he knew it wasn't possible for now. So he decided to do his best for his last live broadcast. Smiling and make good memories for the listener. Though he was a crying mess in the end and bawl his eyes out, he didn't regret anything.

“When I become someone who is greater with a bigger heart, when I can give everyone a bigger hug, I will come back to this spot once again.” 

He also writes a letter, his first and last letter for Sukira family.

“ To everyone in the Sukira family, I’m holding the pen for the first time like this for everyone.

I should have written a letter earlier but this letter is my first and last letter (to you all).

It has been 10 years with everyone and I don’t know how to put 10 years worth of words on a piece of paper. It’s like writing a love letter, writing, writing and erasing, writing and erasing.

Sukira is like a place where I’m able to find peace, like a girlfriend who makes me excited and sad. Sukira is a friend whom I spent my 20s with for over 10 years.

From 2006 to 2016, the child - like idols in their 20s who became huge seniors and old people in the music industry. University students who were once girls going through puberty listening to Sukira while studying, becoming a man’s woman and becoming a child’s mum.

Even though it’s sad that time is running, it’s a natural thing but thank you for letting me feel that the time was shared for a while.

Always being unsure of farewells, being afraid of farewells, I want to delay this break up. But it’s time to part with everyone. I’m sorry.

Those who listened attentively to our voices, laughed and cried together for 10 years and those who became our new family members in the middle. I’ve always said “When you’re having a hard time or when you suddenly thought of something, I will always be here from 10pm to 12am, so come.” but I’m really sorry that I can’t keep the promise anymore.

Thank you for loving, supporting and listening attentively to me who is lacking. Also to those behind the scenes making the 2 hours broadcast go smoothly daily, understanding our ridiculous schedules for 10 years and for letting the Leeteuk who is able to speak well now voice be heard, our Sukira PDs, writers and staffs.

Today too, the studio is empty and lonely. Thankful to our Super Junior members, thank you Eunhyuk, Yesung, Ryeowook, Sungmin for being Sukira’s string together.

Everyone, I, Leeteuk will come back again. I’m still lacking of life experiences and there are many things that I don’t know. I’ll come back again to relate and hug everyone after I’ve experienced, studied and learnt more.

I always say this right? “It’s not the END, but AND” and dream of the day we meet again, feel the excitement of that day and live well. I’m really thankful for all those times. You, KISS family, are more precious  than anyone in this world. I sincerely love you… “ 

When he was done with the broadcast, he said his last goodbye and thankfulness to the PDs, writers,and staff. And when he went out, he saw a lot of fans outside the building, waiting for him. He felt so moved with them. He took a photo with the fans, eternize that precious moment in one or two pictures. He also suggested the fans to go outside. He want to to give them a handshake, one by one, though in the end he couldn't handshake all of them because there were too many people.

And when he entered his car, alone, behind the driving wheel he broke down and burst out crying again. He pour his heart out, he let everything out and crying a lot. He felt a weird range of feelings right now, sadness, guilt, relieve, grateful even a little hope of happiness. 

It's not an END but an AND, believe on your own word Jungsoo

Heechul's advice rang in his ears, and he smiled softly. Yes everything will be okay. It's the best decision for all of us. Goodbye, Sukira. Thank you.

***

this is the source for Leeteuk's letter