(14)

Different
===

“Okay, I might have been too dramatic the last time.” Tiffany said as she got into Jessica’s office and plopped herself into the chair across her best friend.

“What are you even talking about?”

“Remember when I told you I think he’s cheating on me?”

Jessica wasn’t interested at what Tiffany was talking about but as soon as she heard the word cheating, her head snapped up and looked at her friend with eagerness. “Uh huh. Go on.”

Tiffany narrowed her eyes as she stared back at her grinning friend. “Do you secretly want him to cheat on me?” She raised her eyebrow when the other girl laughed hysterically. “You do… How dare you!” She threw a couple of pens at the laughing girl and sulked in her seat.

“Okay, I may or may not have been praying for that to happen.” Jessica grinned mischievously. “So? Continue.”

She sighed at her friend’s undying hate for her boyfriend before continuing. “I think he’s not cheating on me. I think…” She unknowingly smiled at the night of their anniversary. “I think he’s changed for the better.” 

“What? How is that even possible?”

“See this?” Tiffany showed the locket dangling on her neck.

“What about it?”

“Can you believe he gave this to me on our anniversary?” 

“Really.” Jessica took a good look on the necklace. “Wow, he’s one heck of a rich guy.” She nodded in approval as she knew how expensive that locket was. 

“And!” Tiffany continued eagerly which made her friend groan. “He finally said it back!”

Jessica only blinked upon hearing the words. She was quite confused on what’s happening and her ears started to ring as Tiffany squealed in her terrible loud voice. “He what?”

“He finally said that he loves me too!”

If she thought her eyes couldn’t get any bigger, Jessica was totally wrong. “Oh god, he didn’t!” 

“He did! He did!”

“After 4 freaking years?!”

“Yes!”

Jessica closed her eyes and massaged her temples as she felt the impending headache. “Tiffany!” She half yelled and the girl stopped bouncing in her seat. “You, stupid little hopeless romantic!” She leaned across the table and gave it her all as she smacked her friend’s head.

“Ow…” Tiffany rubbed the back of her head as she tried to ease the pain. “That hurts Jessi…”

“He’s totally cheating on you!”

“No, he’s not!”

“He is!”

“He’s n…” The knock on the door interrupted their argument.

“Good morning, Miss Hwang. I’m sorry to interrupt you but someone is looking for you.” The young lady bowed apologetically as she stood at the doorway.

She glared at her best friend and quickly walked to the door. “Who is it?”

“A young man named Kim Taehyung, Miss Hwang. He said that you know him and he won’t take long.” 

“Oh.” Tiffany was surprised when she heard the visitor’s name and she instinctively turned to Jessica who only narrowed her eyes in response. “Okay, please let him in. I’ll be in my office. Thank you.” She patted the young lady’s arm before going back to her office.

===