Oh phew...

A Cliche Master-Servant Relationship?

Donghyuk woke up after a few hours. He looked understandably confused.

“Where am I…? What happened? Young master, why are you here? You’re supposed to be at the grand opening!”

“You woke up and the first thing you worry is work. That’s so you.”, I responded to him half smirking.

“Sorry…”

“No, no. It’s not your mistake. I can understand; that’s how you were brought up.”, I said. “Anyway…”, I continued. “You’ll take a few days off.”

“What!? How can I? Who will make your breakfast? Who will wash your clothes, and clean your room, and…”

“Aish… Don’t worry too much. It’s not like I don’t have other maids.”

I took an apple that I bought while he was still passed out, and cut it for him. But, me being a bit incompetent, I cut my finger in the process.

“Young master… let me do it.”, he asked.

“But you’re the sick one.”

“But I’m not that sick.”, he insisted.

“Ok. Alright then.”, I yielded as I hand over the fruit and went to get a bandage for my finger.

When he finished cutting the fruit, I took the plate from him, “Let me feed you.”.

“The doctor said you can go home after today. But you still need to rest for the next few days.”, I said while feeding him.

He just nodded his head acknowledging the new information.

“So you’ll stay in my room.”

He choked.

I patted his back trying to comfort him. “Why are you so shocked?”

“No, I’m just… I was…”, he looked down, hastily trying to find an answer, to no avail. Finally, he sighed. “I don’t think I can sleep in young master’s room…”

“Why not?”

“Because you’ll be next to me…”

“And?”

“And I’ll always be thinking of work if you’re next to me.”

“Then don’t be.”, I plainly answered. “You’ll need someone to look after you. That’s why you’ll sleep in my room.”

“But…”

“No but. That’s an order.”


 

The deal is done. Donghyuk was put in my room as soon as he got out from the hospital. And of course, I took a great care of him.

“Hey, Donghyuk. Do you need anything?”, I asked.

“No, young master.”

“Do you want anything?”

“Not really…”

“Do you want to eat anything?”

“Young master, aren’t you supposed to be working?”

“Don’t change the topic. What do you want to eat? I’ll ask the chef to make it for you.”

“I… I think my normal meal will suffice.”, he answered.

“Your normal meal?”

Come to think about it, I don’t actually know what Donghyuk usually eats. I mean, I know what he cooks for me (duh), but I don’t know what he cooks for himself. In fact, I rarely see him eat.

So, I asked the chef. “Do you know what food Donghyuk usually eats?”

“Yes, of course. But why?”, the chef replied.

“Can you make one for me?”

“But, young master. I don’t think such food will be appropriate for you.”

“Why?”

“It’s just…”, the chef didn’t finish his sentence.

“I want a meal just like his. That’s an order. Bring it to my room.”


 

 

Well, I certainly didn’t expect this.

The meal in front of me is rather… simple.

“Is this what you usually eat?”, I asked Donghyuk.

“Yes.”

“Is this what all the workers here eat?”, I asked again.

“No, young master. Most of us cook our own food, so everyone eats differently.”

“So why are you eating like this? Am I not paying you enough?”

“Oh, no! Definitely not, young master!”

“So why?”

“I don’t really have time to cook…”

I sighed.

“From tomorrow on, you’ll eat like me.”

“What!? No, how could I? I cannot eat the food that is meant to be for you, young master.”

“You know I won’t take no as an answer for something like this. The next time you cook for me, you’ll cook another set, exactly the same, for yourself.”

“But…”

“No but!”

This time, he’s the one that sighed.

“Yes, understand.”, he finally yielded.

“Good! Now wait here while I grab you something proper to eat.”