Oh yes!!!

A Cliche Master-Servant Relationship?

Due to my love and care, Donghyuk recuperated much faster than expected. He came back to work pretty much as soon as he can, despite my protest. Well, he’s already making my dinner.

“Young master. Your dinner is ready.”, he said as he brought my dinner in.

I was standing on the balcony, just staring at the night sky.

“Hey, Donghyuk.”

“Yes, young master?”

“Pack your stuffs.”

“Eh… Sure… But why?”

“You’ll move to my room.”

I waited for a reaction.

He was just staring at me; half confused, half shocked.

“Did you just say…”

“I said you’ll move to my room. As in, you’ll permanently sleep here from now on.”

This time, his expression was that of a clear shock, “But I’m already healthy!”

Well, that’s true. I don’t really have a reason to lock him here.

I just looked at him, trying to find a sign that he will just peacefully yield to my request. But it’s not happening.

I sighed. Maybe it’s time for that big old confession.

I approached him and pulled him to the balcony.

“Look, I have no reason to keep you here… But I just want to… Can’t I?”, I asked earnestly while gazing at his eyes.

He gazed back at me, and, upon comprehending my words, a thin blush formed on his cheeks.

“Look… I love you, ok?”

That’s it. I spilt the bean.

I was waiting for an answer, but all I got was a big red blush, which I took as a yes. I waited for a while, and when I think he’s ready, I lunged forward to kiss him.

When our lips parted, I asked him, “Do you love me too?”.

He answered shyly, “Yes… I think I do…”

“Really?”

He nodded.

And we kissed again.

Then, I pulled him inside and dragged him to the bed.

“But, young master. What about your dinner?”, he asked, seemingly understood where this is going.

“That can wait, right now…”, I said as I shoved him down to the bed, “I’ve got another job for you.”

I charged forward and started attacking his neck. “Oh, and drop the ‘young master’”, I quickly added.

“But, young mas…”, he immediately realized what he was doing and stopped mid-sentence.

“Or you can just stick with it. Whatever you’re comfortable with.”


 

A few weeks after the grand opening, the new restaurant was still bustling with customers. As expected, Chanwoo really done a great work.

I met Chanwoo at his office near closing time, but for some reason, he looked dispirited.

“What’s wrong? A boss shouldn’t be this gloomy, right?”, I .

He sighed.

“I just realized… Moving here means I cannot be with my Junhoe at work…”, he said while sighing again.

Well, yeah. Because Chanwoo was moved here, Junhoe was promoted as the manager of the old café.

“You just realized that now!?”, I exclaimed.

He buried his head on his table.

“You’re so lucky. You and Donghyuk are by definition meant to work together…”

I patted him on the back. It’s not like I could say anything here.

The door suddenly opened.

“Junhoe!”, Chanwoo quickly rose from his seat when he saw Junhoe coming in.

“Well, well. Look who’s happy now.”, I said.

“Of course he is.”, Junhoe responded. “Today is our first anniversary together.”, he added.

“You’re one year already!? Time sure flies.”

“Well, anyway. Someone needs to lock the restaurant.”, Chanwoo said as he ed the keys through the table towards me.

“Good luck!”, he quickly added before grabbing Junhoe’s arm and dashed off.

When I realized what just happened, I shouted, “You…! I’m cutting your salary for this!”.

Oh well… I guess that’s what friends are for, I thought to myself as I picked up the key.

The door opened again, and Donghyuk popped up. “Young master, what took you so long?”

“Nah, nothing. We just need to close the restaurant.”

As we walked out, I just realized something.

“Come to think about it, we never eat here, have we?”, I asked.

“No, not yet, young master.”

“Well…”, I said as I took the nearest table. “Let’s eat then.”

Donghyuk could only smile as he took the seat next to me.