Love

I Knew You Were Trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: GRAB SOME HOT COCOA FIRST BEFORE YOU START TO READ. THIS IS A 10-PAGE WORTH OF UPDATE AND IT'S LOOOONG.

***

Day – 30 before wedding…

SOS NEED YOU HERE, @ 30 Fifth Avenue

Ryeowook pressed send.

Biting his lips, he stared at his own reflection in front of him and waited.

Twenty-two minutes later, he heard the sound of a door harshly opening and closing and then the sound of loud laboured breathing. Ryeowook thankfully sighed and then took a deep breath and finally stepped out of the changing room.

“Oh Sungmin! Thank god you’re here! I’m in a crisis!” Ryeowook groaned, eyes down casted to his slightly bulging stomach under the maroon suit. “Do you think this suit makes me look fat?”

When there was no response, Ryeowook lifted his head to look at his friend’s expression. Sungmin, just like Ryeowook, was always the type of person who wore his expression on his sleeves. If the suit really looked ugly, Ryeowook would know it in a heartbeat by Sungmin’s facial expression.

Ryeowook froze however as his eyes met deep brown eyes that looked nothing like Sungmin’s.

“K… Kyuhyun?”

Kyuhyun was standing before Ryeowook, sweat breaking out from his forehead, clothes all rumpled and hair sticking out in all directions. “Ryeowook.”

“Wh… What are you doing here, Kyu?” Ryeowook asked.

Kyuhyun blinked, looking confused. “You… You texted me and said that it was an emergency!”

Ryeowook gasped and pulled out his phone, thumbs pressing onto the screen of his phone and then gasped when he discovered that he had indeed sent the message to the wrong person. Hoy . Ryeowook cursed in his mind. Of all people…. Why Kyuhyun? Ryeowook looked up apologetically to Kyuhyun as he tried to smile innocently, hoping that the latter wouldn’t get mad.

“I… Uh… Yeah… About that.” Ryeowook awkward begun, “It’s a fashion emergency.”

Before Kyuhyun could even process the information, Ryeowook held up his hands I defeat. “And the text was originally for Sungmin! I… I wasn’t paying attention when I sent that text out and… Accidentally texted you. I’m… I’m sorry.”

Kyuhyun’s expression changed from a shocked and fearful one to a frowning face. He then sighed and his body slumped tiredly against the wall. “I ran here as fast as I could thinking you were in trouble.”

Ryeowook innocently smiled, “I’m really sorry.”

Kyuhyun offered Ryeowook a small smile, his eyes ranking over Ryeowook in a maroon coloured tuxedo and when his eyes met Ryeowook’s, he had the softest expression Ryeowook had ever seen. Kyuhyun took a deep shaky breath.

“You look… Beautiful, Ryeong.”

There was hurt in the voice, Ryeowook could hear it. But there was also pure sincerity and affection and the way Kyuhyun was looking at him made Ryeowook blush. It was an intense gaze filled with so many different emotions that Ryeowook almost felt suffocated. Ryeong… Ryeowook thought. Kyuhyun had never called Ryeowook that.

“Thank you.”

Ryeowook gazed at Kyuhyun, the silence surrounding the both of them deafening. It had been long time they had truly had a proper conversation or were ever privately together. Ryeowook stared at Kyuhyun, the tall and handsome man was his perfect ideal type. Ryeowook had spent months crushing on him and then going to sleep with sappy smiles on his face as he fantasied what his future would be like with Kyuhyun. Now, almost two years later, everything had changed. Ironically, here the both of them were in an elegant wedding boutique with Ryeowook however entirely marrying someone else.

Kyuhyun was first to break the silence, clearing his throat as he tilted his head and looked around, “I… Um… Where’s Donghae?”

“He had to run to the station for some last-minute work.” Ryeowook said and then glanced at his watch, the bracelet Donghae had gifted him jingled as he held his wrist up, “He should be arriving in half an hour.”

“Ryeowook-shi, are you all done?”

The owner of the boutique, a well-known fashion designer in Seoul in her late forties, clapped her hands with a huge beam on her face. “Oh honey, you look splendid.”

She ran a hand down the smooth fabric on the tuxedo and then tilted her head at kyuhyun, “Oh, the husband-to-be is already here!”

Kyuhyun opened his mouth to speak but the lady waved her hands, “You’re just as handsome as how your fiancé described you to be. Oh! I have something perfect that you would look very handsome in!”

Ryeowook wanted to correct her but the lady suddenly disappeared into the back of her boutique and reappeared seconds later with a tuxedo in hand, “Here, my dear, try this on!”

Kyuhyun shook his head, smiling politely at her, “I… Um.. Actually I’m not-”

“No time to waste, dear! Get changed!”

The lady was using all her strength to push Kyuhyun into the dressing room and Ryeowook couldn’t help but giggle at the absurdness of this whole situation. Plus, Kyuhyun’s reaction was making this whole thing funnier. His friend looked so helpless. When the lady begun ing his shirt for him, he freaked out and stepped back telling the lady that he would quickly get changed. The lady pulled the dressing room door closed and then told Ryeowook that she would be back soon as she headed to get something from the back of the shop.

Ryeowook laughed, “Kyu, you can come out now. She’s gone.”

“She’s crazy!” Kyuhyun whined from the other side of the dressing room. “Is she really gone?”

“Yes, Kyuhyun.” Ryeowook giggled.

 “I’m gonna make a run straight for the exit.” Kyuhyun informed Ryeowook.

Before Ryeowook could give a response, the lady was back however and had told Kyuhyun to hurry up and get changed. Ryeowook stood aside, trying hard to stifle his laugh when he heard Kyuhyun whimpering. The door of the dressing room clicked and Kyuhyun stepped out awkwardly adjusting his collars.

The lady smiled and Ryeowook in a deep breath.

Kyuhyun was in a well-fitted suit that matched Ryeowook’s and he looked breathtakingly handsome. The colour matched well against his pale-white skin and when Kyuhyun offered a nervous smile as the lady begun gushing about how handsome he looked, Ryeowook felt his insides turning to mush.

Right at that moment, the jingle of bells was heard from the boutique’s entrance and the sounds of footsteps neared them. Ryeowook spun around and his heart almost missed a beat because right there was his fiancé.

Donghae’s eyes first met Ryeowook and when he noticed that Ryeowook was in his wedding tuxedo, his eyes shone and his lips curved into the sweetest smile.

“Hey honey,” Donghae whispered, eyes still not leaving Ryeowook’s. He circled his arms around Ryeowook’s waist and then gently laughed, “I’ve no words to even describe how you look right now.”

Ryeowook relaxed into his fiance’s strong arms, getting lost in the beauty of Donghae’s expressive eyes. Donghae shook his head and then pressed his lips against Ryeowook’s, “I can’t believe that you’re mine. I love you, Ryeowook.”

Ryeowook melted into the kiss but when the both of them heard a lady clearing , they broke apart and Donghae and Ryeowook finally realized that they were not the only ones in the boutique. Donghae gently released Ryeowook and bowed politely at the lady and when his eyes met Kyuhyun in a matching tuxedo with Ryeowook, he tilted his head in confusion.

“This is a misunderstanding,” Kyuhyun quickly explained, raising his hands in front of his chest to protect himself in case Donghae attacked him. Kyuhyun then looked at the lady who looked like she was going to faint on the spot from the confusion, “I tried telling you I’m not the groom-to-be.”

The lady looked apologetically to Kyuhyun, “It’s no wonder you look so constipated all the time! And here I thought you were just having the pre-wedding jitters!”

Donghae softly laughed, “You should keep that colour in mind, Kyuhyun. You look good in it.”

Kyuhyun softly smiled, “Thank you.”

Kyuhyun then went back into the dressing room to get changed while the lady turned her attention to Donghae. “Oh I’m so sorry for the mix-up!”

“Accidents happen.” Donghae smiled kindly, shaking his head.

The lady nodded and then told Donghae that she would find a tuxedo that would match him and disappeared into the back room. Donghae then turned around to Ryeowook.

“And here I thought you were going to marry someone off and leave me all alone.” Donghae playfully teased his fiancé.

Ryeowook laughed, “That’d be impossible.”

Donghae playfully flicked Ryeowook’s nose and then turned around when Kyuhyun stepped out of the dressing room with the marroon suit in his hands. He set it aside and then walked over to the couple.

“I’m really sorry about this, Donghae.” Kyuhyun quickly apologized.

Donghae held up his hand, “It’s nothing to worry about, Kyuhyun.”

Kyuhyun nodded and then awkwardly shifted from one foot to another, contemplating if he should just leave. But before he could do so, the lady emerged from the back of the boutique with a tuxedo in hand and Kyuhyun had the urge to hide behind Ryeowook from fear and embarrassment of her.

“Oh honey, I’m so sorry but I don’t think I’ve any maroon coloured suit that would suit you.” The lady apologized, “But I found this one and I found another one that would look for your fiancé too. I think navy blue would look gorgeous on the both of you!”

“Navy blue sounds just right.” Donghae nodded his approval and then tilted his head at Kyuhyun, “Besides… I think maroon is Kyuhyun’s colour now.”

Kyuhyun smiled unsure of what that meant, “I… I should go. I… I’m sorry about the misunderstanding.”

“I’m sorry about the text, Kyuhyun.” Ryeowook apologized.

“It’s alright.”

Once Kyuhyun awkwardly big his goodbye to the couple, Donghae got changed into his suit and stepped out to Ryeowook who was still in his maroon suit. He was reluctant to change. He loved the colour and wished that the lady had something maroon that would go with Donghae as well. The couple didn’t want a standard black suit. They wanted something classy and different. However when Donghae came into view, Ryeowook’s jaw almost dropped as he gazed at his handsome fiancé. Mine. Donghae was all his and Ryeowook couldn’t be happier because Donghae looked absolutely stunning in navy blue.

Maybe, Ryeowook thought as his fingers traced the soft maroon fabric, navy blue wouldn’t be so bad after all.

***

Day – 20 before wedding…

Never in a million years would Ryeowook ever think of doing something like this. It was against his norm and completely outrageous. But the thought of it was thrilling enough that Ryeowook decided that it had to be done. It was a once in a life-time opportunity.

“You’re really serious about this?”

His fiancé warily questioned, still surprised that Ryeowook had suggested this wild idea in the first place. When Ryeowook nodded, Donghae chuckled lightly and then brushed his thumb over Ryeowook’s cheekbones, “You surprise me all the time.”

“Is that supposed to be a good or

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter