chapter 2

It's a Secret

 

***

 

SOMETIME IN NOVEMBER OF 2015

 

“Practice went well everyone. I’m hungry though” Hoshi complained while popping open a can of soda.

“Well let’s get something to eat. I’m hungry too , you know” Seungcheol said.

“Let’s get chicken. I’m starving”

The rest of them chattered in agreement.

“Well who’s going? I’m not going. Last time I went, I got spotted by some crazy Carat” Jeonghan said while brushing his hair out of his face

“Not me!”

“I’m too weak to carry chicken for thirteen people”

“I went last time!”

“My stomach hurts a little. Guess I can’t go”

“Nope”

“I’ll be in the restroom for half an hour. See ya”

“I’m too tired”

 

A group of cowards. That’s what they were. They could face a billion fans, dance, sing, rap, all at the same time yet they can’t go out to order chicken.

“S.Coups, why don’t you go? You are the leader after all” Woozi suggested. Seungcheol would gladly strangle the midget if he didn’t own that guitar of his.

“Great idea! You are the oldest too” Jun continued. Seungcheol would also love to strangle the Chinese dancer if he didn’t know Kung fu.

“But-” He started.

“No buts. There’s literally nothing to be afraid of other than the fact that you might be mobbed and spotted by fans”

And they left the poor leader in the practice room to get some chicken.

 

***

“Oh my gosh. How is it possible for one person to be this clumsy. Stupid stupid me” Nayeon mumbled to herself and repeatedly hit her head. Twice clearly did not know what being mobbed by fans was like. She was out shopping for food with the members and she somehow lost them and their bodyguards. Too bad all of their phones were turned off. Maybe I should go out of this rundown store to look for the my members. she hurried out and looked around hoping she could spot the rest of her team. Completely unaware of the people around her, she continued walking, oblivious of the fact that people were slowly trailing her as she was a familiar face in the media. And the people just kept adding on. Most of them didn’t even know who she was. They just kept following her, hoping that they would finally meet someone famous.

 

At this time, seungcheol had just stepped into a fast food restaurant to order some chicken.

He was busy trying to carry 2 bags of cooked chicken. She was mindlessly wandering in the streets. And they bumped. Nayeon backed up and saw the guy trying to juggle the bags of fried chicken around, not letting them fall.

“I’m so sorry! Here, I’ll help you” She scrambled to her feet and took a bag.

“It’s okay, I wasn’t watching myself either”

Meanwhile, Seungcheol was so surprised at who it was. The little group behind them were in even more shock. A female idol? Running off with some bypasser?

Seeing the way she was wandering earlier he asked ,” Are you lost?”

“Yes, but it’s fine I can find my friends alone. I don’t want to cause you anymore trouble”

“It’s okay, you can trust me” Nayeon opened her eyes only to see the same big eyed boy she swooned over in a music video. It’s weird how one can tell who another is by just looking at his eyes. He pulled down his scarf to reveal the rest of his face, proving that it was really him.

 

“I- what are you doing here? How… I don’t… Hi S.coups” She stuttered.

“I’m here buying chicken for the rest of seventeen. You can call me seungcheol by the way.”

“No way”

“Yes way.” murmurs from behind were audible.

 

He looked behind them to find a frozen group of people. Nayeon was busy picking up her purse and other things to notice. The male rapper nearly forgot there were people behind him. He was too caught up on meeting Nayeon.

 

“Get in!” He stopped a taxi who was passing by and pushed her in along with the chicken. SHe eyed him questioningly but listened to him nevertheless. Of course she was also mentally banging her head against an imaginary wall. Why didn’t she think of calling a taxi?

 

Once they settled down in the taxi she asked a question.

“How do you know who I am?”

“Nayeon from Twice. We all like your songs.” Actually, we LOVE your songs. And your Music video. And your choreography. And your group. And you.

Nayeon cracked a smile knowing that they were already gaining idol fans.

“I lost my members. I have no idea where they are” She looked down to how stupid she must have looked. The oldest member of her group, lost, like a little kid.

“Do you know why I pulled you in here?” He changed the subject, seeing how embarrassed she was

“No, you just had to spoil my perfect evening”

“There were people following you. You could’ve been mobbed”

“Psht… thats bull. We just debuted a month ago.” It was surprising at how well known they were already. All thanks to her being debuted in such a way.

“Hmm… you really don’t know how successful you guys are don’t you. Look behind you” she looked into the back window of the taxi and saw the people that were following her earlier. They were now chasing the taxi.

“You guys are pretty popular too. We watched your music videos. You’re pretty good” She awkwardly complimented. It was true anyways.

“Umm let’s go find the rest of your group. Where is your cover?”

“What cover?”

“Always know the importance of a cover, like my scarf. It’ll keep people from recognizing you”

“Oh. I’m sorry. I had no idea”

“Don’t be. I learned it the hard way too.” The memory of him being paparazzied came to his head and he chuckled softly.

“I think  the rest of the members are probably already at our dorms. It’s getting late you know”

“Well then I’ll you to your dorms. It’s not good for such a pretty lady to be wandering the streets at night.” and I want to know more about you. You’re an interesting girl.

She was flustered. Her male idol crush called her a “pretty lady”.

 

Nayeon finally remembered that they were in a car that was circling the city because they had no destination. She hurriedly told the driver an address and they headed to her dorms.

“I’m sorry for troubling you” She did feel bad for bumping into him and then having him take her to her living quarters and hung her head low, ashamed to look at him.

“Nah its fine, really. Let’s go find the other members. Keep your head up” Seungcheol brought his hand to her face and lifted her chin up. The contact had scared her a little and she felt jolts of electricity where he touched her face. What does this mean?

 

***

 

They were dropped off about a block away from the dorms so they walked in awkward silence even though she wanted to ask a million questions. Seeing there were people inside watching him, he awkwardly waved goodbye. Immediately, she was pummeled with questions.

 

“So you met S.Coups?” Yes.

“How cool is that!” REALLY COOOOLLLL.

“It’s like you two were destined to be together. Fate, ya know?

“Was he cute?” Yes he was.

“Was he nice to you?” Very nice

“What was he doing?”

 

Nayeon sighed.

 

“He was nice and he was apparently buying chicken for s. All he did was help me get away and then took me here. I thanked him, he said ‘You’re welcome’ and nothing else happened. Okay? Period”

“You should have told him to tell Jeonghan to cut his hair” Jungyeon pouted. Nayeon only let out a chuckle.

“Maybe next time”

“I doubt there will be a next time”

And she was wrong.

 

***

“Hyung, what took you so long?”

Seungcheol lied, “ There was ...uhh… a really long line” Hey, I’m a pretty great liar.

“Liar” Nevermind.

“I got mobbed?” Half-true

“Spill”

“Fine okay, I was helping a girl”

“Probably pretending she was in a deathlike situation to get your attention” woozi said absentmindedly earning a glare from the leader.

“WELL that girl was Nayeon and-”

“You met Nayeon? Did you tell her to tell Jungyeon to grow her hair out?”

Poor leader then started getting bombarded with questions.

A chorus of oohs and ahhs surrounded the leader. He calmly rolled his eyes as if meeting someone from another band was not big deal. Oh but it was big deal, it was Nayeon. N to the A to the Y to the EON. NAYEON. SQUEEEE!

 

“Haha very funny. So anyways, she was being followed and she got lost ,so naturally, being the nice person I am-”

“Yep. Totally”

“Shut up. So anyways, I helped her get out of the situation and helped her find the rest of her group. Cool right? Let’s eat chicken”

He took out a piece and popped it in his mouth. The guys gave him weird looks.

“What?”

“You like her don’t you” Oh look,  I’m in loooooove, BAHAHAHA… no… right?

Barely managing not to choke on the chicken in his mouth, he started laughing.

 

“Well do you?”

“Of course not! You can’t fall in love with someone you just met!” I think… yeah… probably not?


 

***

Oi sorry everybody. Summer is finally here so i can write more i hope. Sorry for the bad english too hahahaha. Happy reading!