1694

For a Thousand Years More

“I have died every day
waiting for you
Darling don’t be afraid
I have loved you for a
Thousand years
I’ll love you for a
Thousand more”

 

 

Hongbin struggled to shrug off his shirt, the fabric catching on his elbow as he bent over, warm hands sliding up on his sides, fingertips running over his ribs, his heart fluttering under the touch of a pair of warm, full lips. The hands soon found the hem of his linen shirt, helping him get out of it, and when he managed, he looked down at the man under him.

Jaehwan's eyes were glinting feverishly, cheeks rosy and his hair mussed, a thin layer of sweat gleaming on his forehead. He reached out to Hongbin's face with a hand, his skin spotted with colourful paint, and Hongbin leant into the touch when Jaehwan took his cheek into his palm.

“I want to paint you like this,” he said in a raspy voice.

Hongbin smiled at him, and kissed him again, trying his best not to make any sound, even though his throat was feeling tight with suppressed moans. Jaehwan tugged his trousers lower on his hips, reaching into them to touch Hongbin's skin, kneading the flesh with fingers skilled enough to make beautiful art. Hongbin pulled back to take off his trousers, not wearing any undergarment, and while he did so, Jaehwan sat up with his back against the wall, getting rid of all the clothing he was wearing. He welcomed Hongbin back with his arms stretched wide, hugging Hongbin to himself and making him sit in his lap. Hongbin buried his fingers in Jaehwan's hair, kissing the tip of his overlarge nose.

"I don't think I've ever wanted anybody as much as I want you," Jaehwan said, nuzzling the side of Hongbin's neck, his breath tickling Hongbin and making him laugh. He pulled back, lacing his fingers with Jaehwan's and looking into his eyes to find home in them.

He had never wanted anybody as much as he wanted Jaehwan, either; had known it from the second he'd caught sight of him by the bridge some hours before, painting the view of the river with a tense expression on his face, had known it when Jaehwan had first kissed him behind the pub—no matter how little he knew about the man.

They started slowly, Jaehwan leaving Hongbin enough time to get used to the feeling, to stop shuddering in his arms as Hongbin sobbed into the crook of his neck, whole body heating up and his heart threatening to escape through his mouth. Jaehwan was caressing his back, whispering, "You're doing so well, you're beautiful," into his ear until Hongbin almost choked on his tears, nails scraping the soft skin of Jaehwan's shoulder.

"Look at me," Jaehwan said quietly. "Look at me, Hongbin."

Hongbin lifted his head and opened his eyes, finding Jaehwan stare at him the way Hongbin had probably stared at the gorgeous painting he'd made of the river.

"I may be crazy," Jaehwan whispered, lips stretching into a smile, "but I'm convinced you're my everything."

"You don't... you don't know me," Hongbin replied and moved a little, the burn making him gasp in pain and want more at the same time. Jaehwan's breath hitched.

"I feel like I've known you for a thousand years," Jaehwan said and kissed the corner of Hongbin's mouth.

Hongbin blushed, resting his head on Jaehwan's shoulder as the other laughed softly, reaching under the damp locks on the back of Hongbin's head and scratching it.

Jaehwan set a pace Hongbin was comfortable with, tried to find the speed that was most convenient for both of them. He made sure to taint every patch of skin on Hongbin's body with his hands, to mark Hongbin with his presence everywhere while pressing small kisses to his face, whispering words only artists knew into Hongbin's mouth.

The sun was rising behind the roofs of tall buildings, the rays of it shining through the tiny, dirty window of the attic, too hot on Hongbin's back as he arched it, head lolling back. Jaehwan bit down on his clavicle, mouthing over his chest like he was about to devour Hongbin; fingers digging into Hongbin's waist, trembling there. He was whimpering; his eyebrows were knit in beautiful agony when Hongbin looked at him, and he cradled Jaehwan's head to him, falling apart in Jaehwan's hold.

Jaehwan drew back to kiss him, deep and long and messy, broken moans bubbling from his throat; he let Hongbin whimper into his mouth when he finally reached his , Jaehwan slowing down immediately so as not to hurt him. It took him a few minutes more, but Hongbin stayed where he was, cupping Jaehwan's cheeks and kissing his hair, doing everything he could to help him.

Afterwards, Jaehwan was heaving with his forehead pressed against Hongbin's chest, shaking wildly.

"Will you stay with me?" he asked.

Hongbin didn't say anything, only held him tighter.