Chapter 3 - More Than a Crush

Love 2.0
After Mark deleted his post from our school's forum, the rumours of me having a sugar daddy started to die down just a bit. This however, made a space for everyone to create more rumours about me. They speculated that the reason why the author of the article was because the girl's sugar daddy threatened the author's life and the even more obnoxious one's said that the girl mentioned in the article killed the author of the post and took it down herself... The world we live in now was absolutely ridiculous.
 
-Announcement: Congrats on Kkamjong Kai and Heehe Jae's marriage, may the couple lead a blissful life ahead- 9.52 pm
 
At least there's something that I could be happy about, my new found marriage with the one and only Kai, first in LOC's (Legends of Champions) leaderboard. When master Kai promised that we would have a grand wedding, I didn't expect it to be this grand. The landscape of the game was decorated with expensive flowers and the wedding was held at a palace in the enchanted forest. Many leaders of popular guilds in the game showed up for our wedding, I begin to wonder how rich was Kai's character that he was able to afford all these. The wedding gown that my avatar was wearing and the house he bought for our marriage cost a bomb, and not to mention a red packet with money in it had to be given to the guests that attended our wedding.
 
Yoda        : Hi sis-in-law! Finally got to meet you :)
Bacon       : Hey!
Xing Xing   : Hello :D
Heehe Jae   : Hey! And you guys are?
Kkamjong Kai: They're my team mates, your brother in-laws I guess haha
Heehe Jae   : I see, nice to meet you guys!
Bacon       : So, you're the person who tricked Kai into marriage
Xing Xing   : ... what he's trying to say is...
            : so, you're the person that Kai tricked into marriage
Heehe Jae   : Haha that's me and I'm pretty sure Kai tricked me into this
Yoda        : Lol as expected of our kkamjong to trick such a young innocent maiden into staying with
              him
Xing Xing   : Innocent? Wasn't she Yehet's wife?
Kkamjong Kai: She was, but what matters is that she's mine now
            : and at least I have a wife with me, unlike some pathetic losers I know
Xing Xing   : Yah! Pathetic? Just wait till I strip you of your ranking on the leaderboard, I'll be first!
Bacon       : just wait Kai, I'll be hanging all my dirty socks around our dorm, especially near your bed
Heehe Jae   : You guys live together?
Kkamjong Kai: dorm mates
Yoda        : But Kai never comes home, he's always out and about
Kkamjong Kai: I just want to be away from that pigsty
Yoda        : I think you mean pig stew...
Heehe Jae   : Ani Yoda, it's pigsty...
Xing Xing   : Sorry, Yoda isn't the brightest person, HE'S REALLY DUMB
Heehe Jae   : LOL! So which school are you guys from?
Yoda        : one of the SKY uni's
Heehe Jae   : no way! me too! I'm from snu
Bacon       : same!
Xing Xing   : So you're our junior then?
Heehe Jae   : I guess? I'm a first year
Yoda        : We're all second years, hope to see you around campus!
 
Who knew Kai's team mates were such nice people, there were rumours about them online saying that they were mean and snobbish but actually these boys were like little kids and they knew how to lift the mood of the conversation. I honestly thought that Kai's team mates would act more like him, more quite and reserved and of course have a sarcastic tone always. But they were the complete opposite of what I thought of them, I really liked hanging out with them. The wedding was going well, in fact it was going too well... A certain Princess Min and gang had to come show up and ruin the mood. Knowing my past relationship with Yehet Bubble Tea, who was now Min's husband the atmosphere was getting tense and awkward. Call it a instinct maybe, even if I wasn't afraid, I wanted to log out and hide away from the crowd that was showing up. I knew that conflict was about to unfold...
 
Princess Min : congrats Jae!
Wolfgang XX  : Min is so magnanimous, unlike a certain someone who tried to steal someone husband
Choi In      : I saw Min battle a boss with Kai before, they seem like a better match
Princess An  : our Min dumped Kai and is now with Yehet, let's let the matters rest down ok
Wolfgang XX  : So kkamjong kai is that eco friendly, to recycle trash thrown by other people?
Princess An  : Lol
Choi In      : haha
 
As expected the comments came rolling in and they were generally the same but some were more crude than the others. They were all generally talking about how I wasn't good enough for Kai and yes I do admit to that, but how was this Princess Min person better than me? Thankfully, Kai's team mates were quick to come to my defence, protecting what's left of my reputation with their comments that were childish and yet vile at the same time, causing Princess Min and her gang to back off and leave the wedding.
 
-PRIVATE MESSAGES-
Kkamjong Kai : don't take the comments to heart, we know it's not true
Heehe Jae    : it's ok
             : what's your relationship with Min?
 
I know it was chidish of me to ask for their relationship but I can't help but feel curious at the same time. Princess Min was a well known beauty in the game, wouldn't Kai want to end up with someone like Min instead of me? 
 
Kkamjong Kai : We played in team with Yoda and the rest but we kicked her out cause she
 
I felt somewhat of a relief when he said that he held no attachments with Min, it made me feel really happy...
 
Heehe Jae    : haha I see, if I too, would you kick me out?
Kkamjong Kai : No and besides, your playing is too good to be passed off as '-ish' in my book my dear
 
I know that this relationship was virtual and all but my heart fluttered when he called me my dear... It was as if he was right beside me when he said it. I blushed and without even looking at the mirror I knew that my face was as red as the strawberries that I was munching on right now. Surprisingly, Kai who has a hard stone cold image was actually sweet and slightly sarcastic but that was what I liked about him. He wasn't as plain as I thought he would be.
 
 
_
 
 
"YAH GUYS!" Seri shouted, waking everyone up from their sleep. "Oh Enterprise are offering spots for an internship at their company over the winter break!" She continued, glancing at the email she recieved.
"Oh Enterprise?" I asked, Oh Enterprise was a big corporation that mainly did trading investments. However, during the past few years they have been venturing out on different fields such as hotel investments and game production, due to the growing rate of computer game hypes in Korea. Why would such a big company want to hire interns?
 
"Well kinda, the interview would be help at Oh Ent but the company we would be interning would be Excel, one of the advertising firms owned by them." Seri explained reading the email throughly, "They're looking for mass communications and language majors. Having intern at Oh corps would definitely increase the chances of us getting good jobs in the future." Seri explained. She did have a point, Oh Enterprise is a well respected company in Korea and China, it would definitely be a huge stepping stone for job applications in the future. Without even thinking much about it, we hurried and signed up for the interview, only to be notified a few seconds later via email our interview dates and timing.
 
"Girls, let's go clothes shopping for the interview!" Eun Ah suggested, causing the girls to get excited. The word that sets off any females would definitely by 'shopping'.
"As much as I would love to, I've got a Computer Science elective class to go to, bye guys!" I exclaimed, feeling smug that I had the chance to escape from shopping. The girls knew that I hated it and would rather die than shop.
 
I rode on my bicycle as quickly as possible, reaching the rather empty classroom with a cup bubble tea in my hands. Computer Science wasn't as popular of an elective as it was as a major. The reason why I chose to take computer science was not because I had no choice but to, but it's just that ever since I started playing LOC, my interest in coding and programming had increased significantly and even though there weren't much takers for this elective, I still wanted to learn something about it.
I sat down at my usual spot, second row and a seat away from the aisle. I looked around, bored knowing that there was still 10 minutes before the class would actually start. That was when he came in.
 
 
_
-Kim Jong In POV-
 
 
 
Even though I was a business student, I was slightly interested in computer science. If not for my parents disapproval to take Computer Science as a major, I wouldn't have chose Business as a major. Another reason why I chose to come to this particular class was because of her, Choi Jae Hee. According to Chan Yeol, that stupid Yoda and the creep who has a crush on my wife, Jae Hee was attending the computer science elective and I changed my schedule just to be in the same class as her. If only Chan Yeol was smart enough, he would change his schedule too and we would all be in the same class now. But thank god that the boys didn't find out that Heehe Jae was actually Jae Hee, if not my poor wife would have to get harrassed by that giant yoda.
 
I looked around the empty and cold classroom, then I spotted a girl with long brown hair, who was wearing a hoodie. It was obvious that she was spacing out, she didn't even notice that I was walking closer to her and was about to take the seat beside her's. As soon as I sat down she jolted slighty, snapping out of her day dreams and she turned her head to look at the stranger who had occupied the seat beside hers, me. I looked at her, trying hard to supress my smile and kept my poker face on. I inwardly smirked knowing that she was awed by my presence, yes I did have that effect on people. Soon, the class starts to notice my presence, pictures of me were taken and texts were sent to their friends about my appearance in the computer science classroom. Not being able to come to school regulary because of the business meetings I had to attend helped me to create the mysterious image that I have now. So seeing me in a classroom was a exceptionally rare sight. Within five minutes of my appearance in the classroom, more students started to come and filled up the seats in the classroom. When the professor entered a room with a unusal number of students, he looked at me as if knowing that I was the cause of the sudden increase in population. 
 
I could feel Jae Hee staring at me even though she was pretending that she wasn't. The class ended as soon as it started, I barely processed what happened in class. It was probably because I was so distracted by Jae Hee, I stole glances of her here and there during the class and I made mental notes of her watermelon scent and her little habbits, like biting her lips and the fact that she liked to wiggle her nose whenever she couldn't understand a part of the lecture, she was cute. As soon as class was over, she quickly stood up before giving me a slight cough, implying for me to get up so that she could leave. I secretly hoped that she would pack up slower, taking her time to gather her books and stationary before leaving. I wished that she would turn to me and say 'Hi' or even give a small bow to acknowledge me as a person. I was somehow jealous of Chan Yeol who was very open about his affection and infectuation towards Jae Hee. His open personality received her acknowledgement a couple of months ago at one of our basketball games. Even though she barely remembers him now, he still thinks about that faithful day a lot. If not for his reluctance to try and talk to the girl, I was pretty sure that they would have at least been on dates by now. But I was happy, that my friend didn't have the guts to go talk to this girl. If not for him being a coward, I would have lost my chance with her. And I know, as a friend I should be the nice guy and let Chan Yeol have the girl. But the thing is, he wasn't as serious about her as me. Even though Chan Yeol claims that he loves her, he secretly loves all the other cute looking girls in the other major's as well. That playboy who was 'smitten' by Jae Hee was just one of her fan boys. I on the other hand have my eyes out for her. As cheesy as it sounds, I know she's the perfect one for me and that I would treasure her. Ever since I talked to her on the game, I found that she was nice to talk to and not to mention her gaming skills were incredible, she's unlike any other girl I've met before. Call it a crush if you want, I know she's something more than that to me.
 
The day at the internet cafe was the happiest day of my life. Even though I did not have the courage to approach her, I stood behind her silently to observe her game. Till now, that day still holds an importance in my mind. Even though I called Chan Yeol a coward, I knew that I was a even bigger coward than him. I hide myself behind the computer screen and hardly found any courage to approach, to talk to her. That day when I talked to her in the game took me a lot of courage to even press enter to start the conversation. I was worried that she wouldn't reply or worse, thought that I was a creep or another netizen that was trying to look for gossip online. The day of our marriage online was magical, the decorations took me days to design, her wedding dress took me a long time to make. Even though it took a lot of my time and effort, I was happy that she was happy. She is special to me like that.
 
 
 
_
 
-Choi Jae Hee POV-
 
 
 
As soon as my lecture ended, I rushed back to the dorms to tell the girls about my encounter Jong In sunbae. As the rumours said, he was really quiet and never engaged conversation with anyone in the class but the professor. When I told the girls about it they totally freaked out, just like any girl would. Luckily for me, I held my composure and resisted the urge to take a photo of King Jong In or even steal a strand of his hair that would sell well online. The girls pestered me to ask for his number the next time I manage to sit next to him in class, which was impossible considering how busy the man was that he barely comes to school for lessons. Rumour has it that King Jong In rarely stays in the dorms because he lives outside together with his heiress girlfriend, daughter of a certain S Corps. That rumour has been floating around for half a year or more now but Jong In sunbae has never admitted to anything or even addressed the issue. Well, it's not like Kim Jong In to bother about such rumours online anyway. He has his own empire to build and the world to dominate. I gave myself a mental note, to wash my hair the next time I have to take an elective class with him, to smell nice if I manage to sit beside the oh so great Kim Jong In again.  
 
Today has honestly been a rather pleasant day, I've managed to clinch a interview with Oh Enterprises and somehow managed to sit beside the great King Jong In during computer science... Not to mention my wedding with Kai in the game and his team mates destroying Princess Min and her gang in the chat room, making them back off from us. It was perfect.
 
 
_
 
-Krystal POV-
 
"Mwo? That vixen and Jong In sat together during computer science?" I exclaimed, feeling like a volcano that has finally erupted, after seeing a photo that Victoria showed to me of the two that was posted on our school's forum. 
"But don't worry, according to my friend that two didn't talk at all. Jong In just ignored Jae Hee the entire time." Victoria said trying to calm me down. 
 
"Can you girls be more quiet? I'm trying to finish editing a video here!" He exclaimed, causing us to jolt up from seats while mumbling a soft sorry, my cousin can be quite scary when provoked and I kept a mental note to keep my volume down.
 
"Anyway Soo Jung, you should start bucking up if you want to end up with Jong In. Look at Jae Hee, that vixen was smart enough to go for freaking computer science classes and she's from the freaking language dep!" Victoria exclaimed in hush tones. She's right, if Choi Jae Hee could make the efforts to chase after Kim Jong In, why couldn't I?
"Vic... What should I do? I can't apply for computer science now can I? Should I ask him to tutor me again?" I cried in desperation. 
"Tutoring? Remembered that he asked his dorm mate to show up instead? How are you so sure that he would come this time, huh?" Victoria asked, rolling her eyes, knowing that Kim Jong In wouldn't come to me so easily. The last time Vic promised that Jong In's dorm mate would pass him the message that I needed tutoring from him, Jong In didn't freaking show up. He apparently too busy playing some sort of video game and asked his room mate to go in his place instead. I was beyond pissed, humiliated and honestly, I felt crushed. It was my first time being so forward and obvious about my feelings to a guy like him but he was either too dense to notice them or was just not interested. As a optimist, I rather believe that the guy was too dense to understand my feelings about him, it made me feel better this way.
 
"Done." He muttered, "Now we can enjoy our food, Soo Jung ah! Is there anything you girls want? Victoria, the sushi here is super good." My cousin asked as he flipped through the menu.
 
"I'm not in the mood to eat..." I muttered, inwardly groaning at the fact that it was impossible to get Jong In's attention, especially when he's so cold to the girls in our school.
 
"What's going Vic? Krystal love's the sushi here, why doesn't she want to eat?" He asked in concern.
"You see, our dear Krystal here has a problem. A boy problem." Victoria continued while side eyeing me, making sure it was okay for her to continue. My cousin looked up, giving a smirk, signaling Victoria to continue her story.
"It's this guy Kim Jong In, he's got Soo Jung's attention but," She said dragging the 't' sound to create suspense. " He's not that interested, he's rather cold and aloof." She continued.
 
"Kim Jong In... Sounds familiar." My cousin commented, furrowing his eyebrows showing that he's thinking hard of where he heard that name before. "Ah, is he not the young entrepreneur that started Haneul?"
 
"That's right, Haneul!" I exclaimed, feeling proud of Jong In who at a young age of 21 started his own company named Haneul and has gotten several awards for being the uprising star in the business world. Haneul was created and had been a buzz since then.
"If I'm not wrong, Kim Jong In would be coming into the office for a meeting with my dad soon. I think there's something about an investment about some online game that he's about to start up." He revealed.
 
"Soo Jung, go ask Sehun to let you intern at Oh Enterprises during the break, then you'll be able to get closer to Jong In right?" Victoria suggested in a whisper. Her idea was splendid and just outright genius. 
"Sehun oppa~" I cooed, causing him as well as myself to gag slightly. "Do you think I can intern at your dad's company?" I asked batting my eyelashes.
 
"Your father has a company too you know... Why don't you work under your father instead?" Sehun asked eyeing me suspiciously, knowing that something was not right. "Is this because of Jong In?" Sehun asked, causing me to nod readily at his question. He rolled his eyes but still nodded his head, implying that he'll help me out.
 
"Yay you're the best cousin ever!" I chirped, causing Sehun to laugh.
"I know, now order and stop sulking." He commented, passing me and Vic the menu.
 
"So what video were you working on?" I asked, knowing that Sehun doesn't major in video production. He himself is actually planning on being a double degree holder, despite being the laziest person on Earth who just wanders around, playing around with women and video games. He majors in computer science as well as business, the well known playboy and jewel of Korea University. 
 
"Oh, it's just a video I made for my girlfriend to participate in this video competition for the game I'm playing, LOC." He replied.
"Legends of Champions? Nerd." I huffed, causing Vic to giggle and Sehun to glare at me.
"What's the video about?" Vic asked, with that question, Sehun was in a good mood again.
 
"You see, my girlfriend was being bullied online by this really mean girl and to get revenge I've decided to create a rather interesting video about her. Serves her right for messing with my girl." He replied, feeling smug that he got revenge for his girlfriend Min.
 
Honestly, Min wasn't that good of a person at all. I've met her a few times and she seems rather materialistic. She always seems to ask Sehun to buy gifts for her, expensive ones like bags and shoes. Sehun, being the rich and generous young master doesn't mind paying for all her expenses. What's worse about this relationship though, is that Min's friends always bother Sehun to pay for their meals, as if he owed them something. Usually Sehun was quick to pick up on those things but this time, he seemed to be pretty blinded by the girl's looks. But I expected this to happen. The couple met on a online game, LOC. They were a couple in the game for about two weeks and met in real life soon after. Less than a week later, they started dating in real life as well. I never believed that their relationship was going to work. Afterall, how can you find love in the world online? If it were me, I would never be able to fall in love with someone that I've barely even met. Sehun say's that it's true love but I know that it was nothing more than physical attraction between them.
 
 
_
 
-Jae Hee POV-
 
 
Yoda     : Sis-in-law, did you see?
Heehe Jae: See what?
Yoda     : There's a video competition and Yehet participated!
Heehe Jae: So what? 
Yoda     : Check it out yourself, here's the link.
 
I sighed, my day was going along just fine but now I have a bad feeling pitting in my stomach. As I clicked on the link, a video popped up and the title was 'Obsessive'. The video was about a guy, who's played by Yehet's avatar and his current girlfriend played by Princess Min's avatar. They met and fell in love but soon their relationship was threatened by this character named, Haha Hae... And the avatar looked somewhat like mine. At the end of the video, the two lovers fought Haha Hae in a battle and it ended with Haha Hae dying with an arrow shot by Yehet that impaled her 'black heart'. And I thought that today was going to be a good day...
 
The comment section soon swamped up with comments about me and how the character in this game was a supposed allusion to me. I groaned out loud, feeling pissed off by the people in the comments section. What was I suppose to do about this? I could confront Yehet but that'll just be adding fuel to the fire. I groaned again, inwardly this time and logged off from my computer and tried to sleep off my concerns about the video.
 
 
_
 
-Jong In POV-
 
 "I think Jae saw the video but, she didn't reply me Jong In..." Chan Yeol muttered as he stared into the computer screen, praying for Jae's reply. Honestly, when I first caught wind of the video I was so upset by it, I couldn't imagine how Jae's affected by it as well. Yehet was so rude, to be so sneaky to post a video and ruin my dear wife's reputation in the game. 
 
"I think she's just too upset to reply you, Chan Yeol." Baek Hyun replied, sighing inwardly and thinking about a way to appease Jae's anger and how to contact her to check if she's ok.
 
"Should we flag it to mark it as bullying?" Yi Xing asked, scrolling through the page and monitoring the comments made by the viewers, taking down any mean or crude comments that he sees.
"It's a video and they technically didn't use Jae's name, the company would never take it down. And considering that the video is first in the ranking's, I doubt that the company in charge of LOC would want to take it down, it's creating so much hype across all the servers." Chan Yeol commented, leaving us shocked that something so smart actually came out of his mouth. 
 
"We could hack the account and delete the video." I said innocently, causing the boys to look up at me with smirks on their faces. Knowing that I would go through great lengths to protect the people that I love and care about.
 
"Nice, we can easily hack into the system or even Yehet's account to delete the video." Baek Byun said while furiously typing away, along side Chan Yeol and Yi Xing. It seemed like they had silently distributed the tasks among themselves and started working hard on hacking in to delete the video. In the mean time, I decided to check up on Jae. Knowing her personality so far, I know that there's a high chance that she won't be online, probably avoiding the netizens. But I wanted to try anyway.
 
Kkamjong Kai: My dear wifey, are you ok?
 
I asked, hoping for a response.
 
Heehe Jae   : I'm ok, whats up?
Kkamjong Kai: Yoda said that you saw the video, you didn't seem to reply him after that
            : I figured you're feeling down
Heehe Jae   : Well, you catch on fast... I'm not happy but what can I do about it right?
Kkamjong Kai: You can't but that doesn't mean I can't
Heehe Jae   : huh?
Kkamjong Kai: It's nothing, good night my dear wifey
Heehe Jae   : Good night!
 
Just wait my wife, when you wake up tomorrow, the nightmare would be over.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
_
 
Hai yalls! Don't be shy to leave a comment on how I can improve the story! Sorry if the progress and interactions between the mains are so slow and little, but that's how the story is suppose to be. And last but not least, subscribe and upvote if you guys are enjoying the story!