Chapter 1 - Choi Jae Hee

Love 2.0

Yehet Bubble Tea: Heehe Jae, you attack from the left side and I'll shoot him from the right.
Heehe Jae       : Roger that!

"Double hit and ok it's only got 30% of life left, this should be easy." I muttered as I swiftly pressed the keys on my keyboard and repeatedly clicked on the mouse, "And... NOOOOO!" I yelled in desperation as my screen on my computer turned black.
"WHAT THE !" I exclaimed causing my roommates in the dorm to gather around me, while I try to turn on my computer.

"What? Where's the fire?" Seri asked.

"My computer... Ani, Cookie is dead! And I was just about to kill that boss I found in the enchanted forest..."

"You've got to be kidding me Jae... I paused my drama for you..." Eun Ah sighed as she tried to figure out what went wrong with my precious cookie.
"You probably forgot to charge your laptop again." Yuna commented as this situation obviously wasn't new.
"No look, it's plugged in and charging fine... I wonder what went wrong?" Eun Ah said as she tried turning on the computer but the screen remained black.
"W-well... Jae ah I'm sorry... I dropped your laptop on the floor yesterday and hehe guess I forgot to tell you..." Seri said with a guilty tone in her voice while giving me her famous puppy eyes.

"Aish... Kaja, follow me to tech shop and pay for the repairs... You should be thankful that we're best friends, if not you would have been chopped up into pieces and thrown into the sea to be fed to sharks by now."

 Seri, Yuna, Eun Ah and I were bestfriends ever since we met 6 months ago as roommates when we first started university, and since we were all from the same faculty of Arts and Social Science, we were inseparable and we maintained a close knitted relationship with each other. First of all there's me,  Choi Jae Hee. According to a blog on the school's online forum, I am the second prettiest girl in the entire campus (your typical female lead).I apparently have beautiful long brown locks and the same bright and beautiful eyes that compliment my hair. But despite what's written about me online, I'm a total slob! The messiest side of the dorm belonged to me, other than going to school, eating and sleeping I have nothing in my social life but gaming. Ever since a year ago whilst feeling stressed out, I was surfing the internet and came upon a game called Legends of Champions. The game helped me relief my stress of the university entrance exams and I haven't stopped playing ever since. And since then I was so ever kindly given the name of "that pretty girl with a boy trapped in her body." Second, there's Kwon Seri my best friend. She's a glutton but despite being able to eat two times her own weight, she's able to maintain her petite figure and size. She's short and cute with a typical short bob that frames up her face. Then there's Kim Yuna, the omma of our group. She takes really good care of us and is actually a very nice person despite looking like a gangster with her electric blue dip dyed hair and her numerous ear piercings, she's the gangster omma. And of course there's Lee Eun Ah, the only one of us with a senior boyfriend, her straight long black hair and big doe eyes screams innocence, no wonder she's the first among us to get a boyfriend.
 

"OMO GUYS LOOK! The business faculty is going to have a basketball match against our faculty!" Seri screamed in excitement as she showed us her phone with the school's web page on it which had the rest of girls, except me screaming their guts out.
"And so?" I asked, not knowing why the basketball match interested my girls who were not interested in inter-faculty matches nor sports itself to begin with.

"Helloooo? Business faculty? Kim Jong In oppa?" Eun Ah stated in a tone, instigating me as if questioning my intelligence.

"OMO! KIM JONG IN?" I responded, finally getting the situation right being the slow witted potatoe I am.

"Sigh... The guy who possesses the three S's, super smart, super hot and super rich." Yuna exclaimed as her eyes seemed like they were going to form into heart shapes, while fawning over the legendary Kim Jong In ssi.
"Haha, who knew huh? Our dear potatoe Jae has a crush on King Jong In." Seri teased as I started blushing.

"I-I mean who doesn't have a crush on that man, he's handsome, smart and at a young age of 21 has already started his own business without much help from his parents."

"Awwww, but it's still rare to find a guy who has caught Jae's attention though." Seri teased me once again.

"Ya, Kwon Seri... Stop talking and let's go fix my computer that YOU broke!"
"Arasso, Miss I have a crush on Kim Jong In." Seri added as I smacked her hard across her back, causing her to let out a donkey like cry giving us a good laugh.

-

 

"Sir, could you take a look at my computer? I can't seem to turn it on." I asked as I passed my laptop to the uncle from the tech shop who took it from me readily.
"Sure, just give me a moment while I ask the boys at the back to give this a good look."

"Thank you." I said as he gave me a smile of assurance before attending to the girls beside me.

"How much does this cost?" A girl asked as she placed a flashdrive on the table. The girl was tall and slender, she had an elegant frame and her hair was brown and straight just like mine. She was beautiful and her features were sharp, she looked like a goddess.

"45 000 won."

"What? That's ridiculous!" The her friend beside me exclaimed. Her friend was taller than her, she ha long brown straight locks too, but she had bangs and her eyes were big and bright, she looked like bambi.
"Miss, it's the right price. You could go around asking the other shops, mine is cheaper."

Liar... how could a flash drive cost so much money? Can't believe that the shop owner is ripping this poor girl off!

"Excuse me Miss, you could easily buy a flash drive online for less than half the price of this one here." I intervined as I just couldn't stand watching the shop owner ripping this poor girl off.
"That's because the one's online are fake!" The shop owner retorted.

"Well, the flash drive you're selling is obviously second hand, look at the scratches on it." I retaliated.
"W-well..." The shop owner muttered as he was obviously at a loss of words for his actions, thank god I read the brochures about precautions you should take before buying electronics, I made a self note that I should thank the hospital staff for putting these weird brochures at the waiting rooms.

"It's fine, I'll pay for the flash drive. Look fellow student, I'm really thankful for your help but the shop owner has to make profits after all right? We shouldn't be petty about it, it's just money afterall. We can earn it back." She said as she payed the shop owner, leaving me speechless. The nerve of that girl, even though I was helping her.
"Yes dear student, we shouldn't be so petty." The girl's friend teased before they left the store together.

"Take your laptop back girl, I'm not going to help you fix your laptop if you're going to defame me like that." The shop owner said as he returned me the laptop before chasing us out of his shop.

 

-

"AISH! It's fine ajushi, we wouldn't want such a shop to fix the laptop for us anyway! I can't believe he chased us out and even refused to help us." Seri yelled in frustration as she complained to Yuna and Eun Ah back at the dorm, while pointing her middle finger multiple times to show her displeasure of our experience at the tech shop. "You know what's worse? That , Krystal sunbae had the nerve to act all innocent and civil... Jae shouldn't have helped her in the first place, that made us look petty and rude." she continued.

"Krystal sunbae ?" I asked, the name rang a bell but I can't remember where I heard it before.

"Jung Soo Jung Krystal, a second year from business? The girl who beat you in the prettiest girl in campus competition!" Eun Ah exclaimed.

"Ohhhh her? Well if she beat me in the competition why is she so sour towards me? Shouldn't I be the one who's out to get her?" I joked as I thought about it. "And I wouldn't be in that competition thanks to the few s that I live with ok!" I said before sending a glare to each of them, knowing that they did this behind my back.
"We swear we didn't! Besides, if it really was us, we wouldn't send such a ugly low resolution picture to them." Yuna replied to her defence.

"Exactly! We'd definitely send a elegant candid photo of you with the highest resolution!" Seri continued.

"Awww that's so sweet but no thanks, a year has barely passed and I hate having attention on me... I'm just in my first year after all..."
"Oh sweet child, eveyone's attention is already on you. You're the prettiest girl in our faculty after all!" Eun Ah gushed as she smirked at me.

"Think about it, 80% of our faculty population are females. The fact that you're crowned the prettiest girl here means something." Seri continued to tease me. It wasn't true, their attention on my wasn't because of my looks. It was forums that mentioned me and ever so conveniently discuss about my flaws or make ridiculous rumours about me that was taken seriously by the other students in school...
"I don't think that they'll consider me the prettiest when they see what I'm actually like in real life, I practically live like a dude." I joked, trying to brush off the insecurities I feel thinking about what people said about me online.

"That's so true... You play games, you're messy and you have no image filter, you just fart and burp as and when you like. If not for your long hair and the skirts you wear, I would have mistaken you for a flower boy, O-P-P-A." Yuna teased.

"What ever, I'm going to the internet cafe to contiue my game."

"Face it, you're addicted!" Eun Ah sighed as she rolled her eyes, knowing that I probably wouldn't be back till wee hours of the night and would probably get locked out of the dorms.
"What about your laptop Jae?" Yuna asked, she knows that I wouldn't be able to survive without using my computer and playing my game.

"I'll just send it to repair elsewhere. Seri, your credit card please." I asked as I gave her my brightest smile.

"What for?"

"The repair fees for my laptop of course." She groaned before putting that shiny blue card on the palm of my hand. Seri pouted, telling me to protect her baby before I left the dorm.

-

Yehet Bubble Tea: Where were you? You left...
Heehe Jae       : Sorry Yehet, my laptop totally spoiled mid way during battle...
Yehet Bubble Tea: It's fine! Hey look Jae, we've been a couple in this game for around 6 months and
                  we've never met. There are rumours going online saying that you're a man is it true?
Heehe Jae       : What? No! I'm a girl... I just don't like posting photos online...
Yehet Bubble Tea: I see! Do you think it's possible to meet up? I know a great sushi place in Hongdae
Heehe Jae       : Sorry... I don't feel comfortable meeting up with a stranger...

Yehet Bubble Tea: lol I see. ok let's just go defeat the boss in the forest now
Heehe Jae       : Sure! I'll meet you there.

 

-Kim Jong In POV-

"So my dear nephew, you're trying to buy this property off your uncle? It's my favourite branch among my internet cafe's you know."
"I know." I replied with a smirk while I sipped on the hot tea. "It's at the heart of Hongdae and honestly this would be the best location to set up the new branch for my company."

"Jong In, you grew so much. It's been less than a year and you've already started to expand your business from hotel and property investments to growing branches of your new company. You're definitely making your dad proud aren't you?" My uncle asked, taking a bite of the delicious rice cakes sitting in front of us while moving his soldier piece in our chinese chess game down near my horse piece.

"Well I try." I replied with a chuckle, obviously proud of my own success. I did my own property investments, manage my family's hotel and now I'm starting my own team of game designers to expand on the online gaming industry.

"Tell you what, as reward for all your hard work I'll give this place to you." My uncle said as he placed his king piece in a position where my knight piece was able attack, costing him his victory.
"Thank you!" I smiled, knowing that I'm a step closer to start up my career. They said that I wouldn't make it, that I was too young and too naive for the business scene. But what they didn't know is that they're the naive ones who thought that a boy like me would never make it out alive in the business scene, but look at me now.

Just as I was inwardly celebrating my sucess, I saw her.

She's playing Legends of Champions, I play that game too. Her fingers were swift and fast, controlling her character's jumps and actions well, her clicking on her mouse were able to make her character give out attacks to conquer the boss in that level, she's good! And not only was she a pro gamer, this girl was beautiful. Long brown locks with slender fingers. I couldn't help but to peek at her screen to see her user name, Heehe Jae. Interesting, Heehe Jae's the only girl who's in the top 10 of the leaderboard, however she's only at the 6th place. I on the other hand was first.

 

-

 

-Jae Hee POV-

"YESSS VICTORY IS MINE!" I yelled waking the girls up from their sleep.

"Gosh Jae, you really need help... You're addicted." Seri groaned as she looked at the scene in front of her. Yes, I admit that it's bad to play my game at 3 am in the morning when you have class in 6 hours time, but I can't help it.
"Look I'm sorry, I really needed to defeat that boss to boost me up from my position in the leaderboard..."

"I thought you're already part of the top 5 of the board?" Eun Ah asked she let out a yawn, obviously tired and sleepy after I woke her up from her sleep.

"I was, but that stupid kkamjong kai... he helped to boost one of his teammates from 6th to 5th of the leaderboard and now I'm being kicked back again to 6th place... "
"Choi Jae Hee, it's late and you need sleep. I'm confiscating your laptop until tomorrow AFTER class." Yuna said as she pounced at me to snatch my laptop away, getting high fives from Eun Ah and Seri.

"We shouldn't have let her fix her computer... Look at us now, suffering once again from her late night gaming." Seri commented before going back to sleep, leaving me irritated.

 

-

 

"Laptop please! It's 6pm now and I haven't touched the game all day! Please Yura, give me the laptop now!" I begged anxiously like a drug abuser asking for more drugs. Yuna rolled her eyes and reluctantly gave me back my laptop, "Listen, if I see you gaming again past curfew, I'm going to throw your laptop off the windows of our dorm."
"You monster! Don't you dare hurt cookie!" I scowled at her while immediately logging on to my game, only earning myself more eye rolls.

-Welcome back Heehe Jae-

Yehet Bubble Tea: Jae, I want to have a divorce with you
Heehe Jae       : Huh? Why?
Yehet Bubble Tea:
I met someone else... Look, I'll even give you all my potions if you agree to it

"Is this some sort of break up fee?" I asked myself, wondering what I did wrong to deserve to get a divorce from Yehet... Was it because I didn't want to meet up with him? Or was it because he believed the horrible rumours online about me, those rumours circulating around, saying that was either a ugly girl or a guy pretending to be a girl.

Heehe Jae       : No it's fine, I'll meet you at the great rock to settle the divorce
Yehet Bubble Tea: See you there

-Heehe Jae and Yehet Bubble Tea are now no more than strangers, hope that both of you would find happiness again- 6.08pm

- Announcement: Congrats on Yehet Bubble Tea and Princess Min's marriage, may the couple lead a blissful life ahead- 6.10pm

"Married to Princess Min? What the ..." I exclaimed as I made my way in the game to main hall to witness my 'ex husband's' wedding... The nerve of that , we only divorced for two minutes and he got married to some other girl?"What's wrong Jae? You look mad." Seri asked as she noticed the furrows in my brows and probably the smoke fuming from my head right now.

"Yehet and I divorced and 2 minutes later he's marrying some other girl named Princess Min?"

"What an ... Calm down Jae, look at his user name, Yehet Bubble Tea? He's probably some 15 year old kid playing this game, don't get too bothered by him." Eun Ah said to comforted me."I'm not... We just coupled up to complete our mission anyways, it doesn't pain me that much but hey I got dumped for the first time and this doesn't feel good..."

"Gosh look at the comments!" Yuna pointed out on my screen. There were comments like 'Wow Heehe Jae sure feels sad now doesn't she, watching her ex get married' and even worse one's like 'Heehe Jae deserves getting dumped, she's secretly a guy or even worse, some ugly isn't she?' or 'look Jae's here to snatch back her ex.'

"Wow, guess I really need to set things right in the game huh."

Heehe Jae  : Not here to crash a wedding lol, level 10 potions for sale! 70% discount!

"Now hopefully they won't misunderstand anymore... I don't get netizens nowadays..." I sighed, hoping for the best.
"Yea, they're so lame... Don't they have anything else to do..." Seri added on.

Kkamjong Kai : Heehe Jae, what do you think of this wedding?

"OMO! GUYS LOOK!" I yelled in excitement while pointing at my screen animatedly. Across the bridge my character was standing on was the avatar of the legendary player, Kkamjong Kai. And he was talking to a commoner me?

"Kkamjong Kai? Isn't that the guy who kicked you down from the 5th position on the leaderboard?"
" Uh huh! But he's also first on the leaderboard, how is it possible that he's talking to me?" I gasped in excitment, knowing that the master of Legend of Champions wants to talk to me.
"He's probably here to gossip about the wedding Jae." Seri added, causing the girls to burst out in laughter. Was he really here just so that he could dig for gossip about the drama that went on just now? Great masters like Kai also gossiped huh?

Heehe Jae   : It's really grand
Kkamjong Kai: Would you like a wedding that's more grand than this?
Heehe Jae   : Huh?

Kkamjong Kai: Would you like to couple up with me?

"What the ?"

Heehe Jae   : lol Master Kai, have you been hacked?
Kkamjong Kai: No, I'm asking you sincerely. Couple up with me and we can joined the couples competition
             together. You're the only female in the leaderboard, join me and we'll be unstoppable.
Heehe Jae   :You sound like you're taking over the world... but sure! We'll do this for the competition
Kkamjong Kai: Great! Meet me at the great rock in 3 days
Heehe Jae   :Why the wait? We can just do it now

Kkamjong Kai: Haha I know you're eager to call me yours but I need to prepare for the wedding, it's
             going to be the best

Did I just get engaged with Master Kai, the man who's first in the leaderboard, the master of Legends of Champions?!

_

-Kim Jong In POV-

"Guys, I'm getting married." I exclaimed with a smirk on my face.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_

Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of the story! Please feel free to comment, subscribe and upvote!