Chapter 2 - The Feeling

Lean on Me (Naruto Fanfiction)

        "Hey! That one looks like your hair Shikamaru!" I yelled pointing at a pineapple shaped cloud, all the boy did was scoff at my remark.

        "Not really, if anything it looks like a duck's ." Shikamaru smirked, knowing that would set me off. After saying that, he reached inside his pocket that was on the front of his shirt and pulled out a carton of cigarettes along with his lighter. 

        "You just had to bring him up, didn't you?" I said aggravated. If you couldn't tell already, Shika and I were looking up at the clouds in the park that wasn't too far from my house. We would always come here to get our mind off things, because we were stressed out, or just because we wanted to watch the clouds. "You know Shika, if you keep smoking, you're going to get lung cancer and die." I casted a sideways gaze at the boy who had his cancer-stick in his mouth, taking small drags and messing with his lighter. 

        "You're so troublesome, Rin. You know that?" Shikamaru stated, taking a big drag from his deathly cancer-stick then blowing the smoke towards my face.

        "Me? Really, you think I'm troublesome? Says the guy who just blew his cancerous smoke into my face. You know I hate that crap and I could have an asthma attack." I stated, fanning the gross smoke out of my face and sticking my tongue out at my best friend. 

        Shikamaru casted a glance at me, but it wasn't his usually bored, calm one. It was the cold hard stare an evil mastermind would give someone he just caught trying to ruin his evil-doings. I've gotten this glance from him only once and that was when we first met each other. I was a rambunctious little kid and he was the same as he is now. I called him 'pineapple head' because of his hair and he gave me that glance.

        Let's just say I'm surprised he's my friend now, in fact, my best friend. He hated me so much after that, but I guess I did something for him to like me.

        "Whatever you say, Rin, but I think we should get going. We don't want to be late, that would really upset your dad." Shika sighed, groggily getting up from our usual resting area.

        "He won't mind if we're late," I snickered like a maniac while the boy gave me an annoyed look because he knew exactly what I was planning. "He's always late! He can deal with us being late one time!"

        "We can't go there Rin! He probably won't kill you, but he'll kill me because I'm the one who agree to you evil plans!" He paused a moment, shock consumed his once bored face, "Besides, we don't even have any money for it!" I already knew that Shikamaru didn't have money, but who said I didn't! I have a job you know!

        "We both know that we want to go... so quit complaining, because we're going!" I grabbed his hand and casted another evil glance in his direction. I dragged the lazy boy in the opposite direction of where I lived. I mean, they don't call me the daughter of Kakashi Hatake for nothing!

-Time Skip-

        "What a drag! Not again! You cheated!" The boy yelled as the silver-haired girl once again beat him in her favorite video game. Their score was now 6-0 with Rin in the lead.

        "Shut up Mr. Smarty-pants, I won fair and square. You may be able to beat me at Shogi but you can't beat me at Mortal Kombat! I'm unstoppable! Crown me the queen of Mortal Kombat!" I raised my fist in the air, shouting as if I'm top dog of all the land. Which, might I say, is fairly true. Eventually I noticed that eyes peering into my very existence. It made me uneasy. I'm not usually the one who likes all the attention, I literally studdered to death at the opening ceremony at school. Not a second later, I gave Shika a five-star on his back, resulting in him using some curse words. "Wanna go for another round, Shika?" I smirked, pulling out more money from my pocket. As I was about to insert it into the system, an ominous feeling consumed me.

        "No, I thinks that's enough, we better get going." Shika said, then started mumbling to himself about getting his head cut off by my dad. 

        I turned around and noticed a flash of red in my vision. Is someone spying on me? Or am I just going crazy. I thought some more to myself, but soon got interrupted by Shikamaru babblin about how we have to leave. What a pain, my dad's probably on the path of life again, taking his sweet time. Probably reading his stupid erted book too.

        "Even if we did leave now, he wouldn't show up for another hour. He's always late and has that book of his in his face." I managed to cough out, but the feeling of being watched came back again. Why? Who the hell is watching me? Why do I feel like I'm being watched? I looked around again but didn't see a single soul by us. Why am I so paranoid. "Come on Shika, let's go." I looked around again nervously, "I'm getting a funny feeling, like we're being watched..." I cautiously tugged on the edge of his shirt.

        "Why the sudden change in attitude, you scared?" Shika laughed, looking around as well. I followed his actions and once again, not a living soul around us. The feeling in the pit of my stomach wouldn't go away, so what could it be? This often happened to me, but I've never got this bad of a feeling before. Yes, I'm hungry but it wouldn't cause this feeling. I don't have to poop. The only logical explanation is that I'm sick. I don't feel sick though, that's the thing. "Quit being a baby, Rin. Now, let's go before it actually is true."

        "Yeah, Let's go... My dad must be worried sick." He pulled me to his side, wrapped an arm around my shoulder and took me away from the arcade towards the direction of my house, and once we left that place I felt the feeling reside. But seriously, why?


-Time Skip-

        "Dad! I'm home!" I announced loudly in our spotless living room, well besides the stack of erted books right next to Dad's chair. "Hello?!" I yelled once again, but to my dismay, got no answer in return. "Great, he's not even home." I scoffed, jumping onto my dad's chair and picking up one of his books in the process. 

        "You're so troublesome, Rin. You're the one who wanted to leave in the first place." Shika contorted while jumping onto the sofa next to Dad's chair. I opened the book and read the first sentence. I couldn't help but gag, but I continued reading anyways.

        "What?! Are you kidding me, You're the one who kept pestering me to go back before Dad got back. You were scared the he was going to blow your damn head off. You're the troublesome one, pineapple!" I screamed, nearly punching Shika for being such a .

        "I agree with Shikamaru, Rin. You are extremely troublesome, but you learned it from the best." An all too familiar voice stated, pointing at himself cockily while chuckling.

        I scoffed once again, "Look who now decided to show up! You're so damn late, dad!" My blood began to boil as I remembered all the horrifying things he's done to me today. What was he doing at this very moment? Reading he erted book.

        "Tch, let's go Shikamaru and little baby." He signalled us to follow him out the door, but he knew that he needed to book it or I'd murder him.

        "WHO ARE YOU CALLING LITTLE BABY YOU STUPID ERT?!" 

        Once we left the house, that funny feeling came back to me again, but this time I finally found the person who's been tailing us.