My Mommy and Teacher Go on a Date

WANTED: A Daddy for Yoogeun

“Yeobosayo?” Sunny, my cousin, answered cheerfully.

 

“Hey cuz!” I greeted as I pinned the phone between my ear and shoulder so my hands would be free. I opened the fridge, took out some food, and started to prepare Yoogeun’s dinner.

 

“Are you free tonight?” I asked her.

 

“Let me guess, you want me to watch Yoogeun, don’t you?” Sunny said, taking the words right out of my mouth.

 

“Yeah,” I said with a laugh.

 

“I knew it! You only call me when you need something,” Sunny said jokingly. “But yeah, sure, I’ll watch Yoogeun. I miss my little nephew already.”

 

“Really? Thank you so much!” I walked to the sink and started washing the veggies.

 

“What time do you want me to come over?” Sunny asked.

 

“Hmm…it’s already 5 right now, so can you come at around five-thirty? So you can still prepare?”

 

“Sure, sure,” Sunny replied. “Where are you going tonight?”

 

“To…umm…a parent-teacher meeting,” I lied.

 

“Oh, I see. What time does it start?”

 

“Six-thirty,” I answered. “I want you to come early so you can help me pick what to wear.”

 

“Why do you need to dress up for that? What kind of parent-teacher meeting is that?”

 

“Well…I’m the only parent that will be there with Yoogeun’s teacher.” I answered.

 

“Wait? What!?” Sunny said surprised. “What do you mean?”

 

I inhaled. “I’m going on a date with Yoogeun’s teacher.”

 

“OMONA!” Sunny shrieked so loudly that I almost dropped my phone. “Cuz, what have you been keeping from me?”

 

I opened my mouth to answer, but Sunny interrupted. “You know what? I’m going there right now! There’s so much you have to tell me.” Sunny sounded so excited.   

 

_______________________________________________________________________

 

“Auntie Sunny!” Yoogeun greeted as he opened the door. He threw his tiny arms around my cousin.

 

“Yoogeunnie! You’re so tall already,” Sunny said as she kissed his forehead. “Look what Auntie Sunny brought for you.” She took out Power Rangers DVDs from her bag and showed them to Yoogeun proudly. “We can watch all of these tonight!”

 

“Yipee!” Yoogeun cheered.

 

Sunny sniffed, “Mmm…is your mommy cooking something delicious for us?”

 

“Yup,” I answered, stepping out of the kitchen. “It’s your dinner.”

 

“_______-ah!” Sunny said as she ran to me to give me a hug. “Come on, come on! Let’s get you dressed.”

 

Sunny started pulling me to my room. “Wait,” I said laughing at her enthusiasm.

 

“I can’t wait! It’s been ages since you’ve went on a date.”

 

“Omma, you’re going on a date?” Yoogeun said frowning. “But I thought you said I’ll be the only boy you’ll love.” He pouted.

 

I went to him, and kneeled so I could touch his face. “Yoogeunnie, I’ll always love you more than any other boy in the world. You’re my baby,” I said. “You’ll always be number 1 in my heart.”

 

“You promise?” he asked.

 

“I promise,” I said as I pulled him into a hug.

 

“Who are you going on a date with, Omma?”

 

“I’m going on a date with Jinki,” I answered.

 

“With Mr. Lee?” Yoogeun’s eyes lit up. His pout turned into a smile. “After dating comes marriage, right? Then Mr. Lee will be my daddy! Omma, you can go on a date with him everyday!” Yoogeun said happily.

 

“Aigoo, our little Yoogeun is coming up with schemes now, eh?” Sunny said laughing. 

 

________________________________________________________________________

 

At six-thirty sharp, Jinki knocked on our door. He greeted me with a sweet smile and handed me a bouquet of white roses. “You look really pretty tonight,” he said shyly.

“Thanks,” I said, unable to hide my smile. Sunny made me wear a simple blue dress that stopped a few inches above my knee and light make-up. She ironed my hair straight so it fell neatly down my shoulders. “You look nice too,” I told him.

 

You always look nice,” I added in my mind.

 

Jinki wore a dark denim jacket over a white shirt. And he wore his priceless smile which could make any girl melt.

 

“Would you like to come in for a while?” I asked him.

 

“Neh,” he answered. “I’d love to see Yoogeun.”

 

Yoogeun was delighted to see his teacher. He ran to Jinki, and Jinki tossed him in the air which made Yoogeun break out in giggles. “Yoogeunnie, is it fine with you that I’ll take your mom out for a date tonight?”

 

“Yes,” Yoogeun said nodding his head. “But you have to pinky swear to me first that you’ll take very good care of Omma.” He extended his pinky to Jinki. Jinki intertwined his pinky with Yoougeun’s and said, “I promise.”

 

“And I’ll bring your mommy home early,” Jinki added.

 

We said good bye to Yoogeun and Sunny then left.  

 

Jinki and I went to a nice and quiet restaurant near the mall. We talked as we ate, and he made me laugh with his silly jokes.

 

“______, why don’t you taste this?” Jinki said as he fed me. “Tastes good doesn’t it?”

 

I smiled and nodded in approval. I chewed and swallowed. “Neh, it does.”

 

I continued eating till I realized that he was staring at me. “Is there anything on my face?”

 

“Aniyo, I just realized that you’re really cute when you eat,” Jinki answered. I blushed. He laughed shyly then went back to eating.

 

“Where are we going after this?” I asked.

 

“Let’s watch a movie,” he suggested. “Then let’s get something for Yoogeun.”

 

This was one thing that I liked so much about Jinki. He always thought about Yoogeun. He seemed to love Yoogeun very much unlike my previous suitors who would start avoiding me once they found out that I already had a child. Jinki didn’t only care about me, he cared about my son too.

 

We made our way out of the restaurant. The night was cool and crisp. Stars lined the night sky. Lights from the surrounding buildings and sky scrapers and lamp posts lit our way to the parking lot where Jinki had left his car. The cool evening breeze caressed our faces as we walked. The sounds of cars passing by hummed in the background of our voices.

 

I wrapped my hands around my bare shoulders to warm my self. Jinki seemed to notice that I was cold, so he took off his jacket and draped it around me.

 

“Thanks,” I said.

 

“He is such a gentleman,” I thought as I tried to hide the silly smile that was plastered on my face.

 

All of a sudden, Jinki tripped over absolutely nothing. I held his hand to break his fall. It was his turn to thank me. “I’m sorry I’m so clumsy,” he said scratching his head innocently.

 

I giggled. “It’s fine. I think it’s quite cute that you’re clumsy,” I admitted.

 

His cheeks turned red upon hearing those words. They turned even redder when he noticed that he still hadn’t let go of my hand.

 

“Umm…_______-ah, can I hold your hand?” he asked, looking right into my eyes.

 

I nodded and clasped his hand tighter.  

 

__________________________________________________________________

 

They say time flies fast when you’re having a good time. That proved to be true; it still felt like Jinki just picked me up, but now we were here standing at my front door. It was already – or should I say still – a quarter to ten. Jinki had kept his promise to Yoogeun of bringing me home early.

 

“Thanks for tonight, Jinki,” I said to him. “I had a great time.”

 

“Me too,” Jinki answered with a smile. “I hope you’re still open for a second date soon?”

 

“Of course,” I assured him.

 

I found myself staring into Jinki’s eyes as he stared right into mine. He took a step closer and placed a hand on my cheek without breaking his gaze. I slowly closed my eyes as I felt him bring his lips closer to mine. His lips were just centimeters away when –  

 

“Omma! You’re home,” Yoogeun said happily as he opened the front door.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Don't worry guys! You and Onew get to kiss next time :) hahaha. Hello to all my new subscribers *waves* I hope you enjoy reading this story. Don't forget to leave a comment, k? And thanks to all of you who commented. Your comments inspire me to write. I love you guys. Thanks for your support :)

 

I'll update again as soon as I can. Did you like this chapter? Did you like SNSD's Sunny's cameo? :D