stark tony & barnes bucky

Freeze Up Your Demons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

stark, tony & barnes, bucky

 

Okay, so the thing is, Hyukjae does like Tony just a little bit.

There’s the thing about him being filthy rich, first of all. Hyukjae appreciates people’s wealth as much as a food critic would when faced with a gastronomic dish. The taste of money is one never rivalled before. Thanks to those quasi-unlimited resources, Hyukjae’s room at Avengers Tower is now a whole ing floor. He gets awesome new suits for missions on a weekly basis, too, and he swears that he’s never seen that much food in one kitchen before.

But Tony is also so much more than that. The size of his bank account is frankly the most insignificant quality that he has. Because, see, Tony is also smart and generous and so much fun. He does fool around a lot and does get sarcastic almost all the damn time—he’d be pretty much an , truthfully, if not for the fact that he really does care.

Tony cares for all of his team and their well-being, even before his own. He cares about Rogers’ American shield, and Thor’s must-have pop tarts, and Bucky’s bling-bling arm, and Hyukjae’s addiction for strawberry milk. He does nothing about his wounds and injuries, just to improve the suits and weapons. He cares about Banner’s need for research funding, and Romanoff’s nostalgia for Russian movies. He doesn’t sleep and he doesn’t eat, but funds and finds all of the filmography that he can. He knows about Barton’s kids, and he knows about Peter’s struggles with student debt, and Donghae’s fondness for milk and catnip.

Tony’s a little bit broken inside, too. He might never fix up all of the damage, thanks to some astounding denying skills. They’re all a little broken, of course—but maybe, just maybe Tony is a lot more than them.

The thing is that Tony’s also the best at hiding that he’s hurting, and that’s why Tony is Hyukjae’s favorite out of all the Avengers—except for Donghae, of course. And that’s why Hyukjae does his best to help, too. Well, to be fair, Hyukjae’s never been really good at being the good guy, but Tony hasn’t kicked him out yet, so he thinks it’s progress.

And Tony doesn’t yell at Hyukjae whenever he tries to freeze up Thor’s Mjo-whatsit hammer. In fact, Tony encourages him to. For the sake of science, he would repeat very seriously, both to Hyukjae’s delight and Rogers’ fond exasperation. Sometimes, Hyukjae even gets to throw strong blows of ice to the Iron Man suit so that Tony can improve all the techs.

Even Bucky agrees that Tony is the cool bro in the house.

Hyukjae might be only on probation for now, what with being the Winter Soldier’s best-friend-slash-accomplice, but he’s starting to hope that he can make it to Avenger full-time someday. The pay must be huge. That might not be the next day at dawn though, considering the opinion that Fury has of him, but Rogers’ started to warm up to him, which is. Well. It’s good, he supposes.

Anyway, if Hyukjae had to put everything in a nutshell, the Avengers are kind of pretty cool and he really likes Tony.

No, the problem is, the only problem is that Tony has the worst timings ever. Granted, all of the Avengers seem to have the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter