The Escape

Fairies

 

Carefully sneaking out of the prison that opened the two girls to a wide, long corridor, Bomi was absolutely elated and threw herself upon seeing Hayoung waiting outside but later noticed an unfamilar face staring at her. 

"Ah, before I forget this is Sunny unnie. It's a bit complicated of who she is but she's here to help us. Sunny unnie, this is Bomi unnie." said Namjoo, making a brief introduction.

"We'll catch up the introductions later. The memory chamber is located on the fourth floor but is heavily guarded. We have to wait until Taeyeon and Tiffany creates a ruckus and then we'll sneak past once they're distracted. Surely, they will notice your disapperence soon enough. Let's go." said Sunny as she lead the three fairies towards a stairwell, climbing up and hiding at the corner as they could already hear the sounds of guards running about.

"Will they be fine?" asked Hayoung in worry as they looked through a small opening to see the two goddesses standing tall in front of the white guards who seemed small.

"You're talking about the legendary goddesses who won a billion of wars over the past centuries. Don't underestimate us child." smiled Sunny as she patted her head like a mother.

"I wasn't though.....I was just worried about them...." mumbled Hayoung in a pout to which Namjoo smiled.

"Let's trust in our unnies, right?" asked Namjoo.

"What's happening?" asked Bomi in a blur.

"You'll find out soon." said Sunny as she watched her friends.

At the front, the white guards froze upon seeing Taeyeon and Tiffany. The two had been exiled from Heaven centuries ago when they first made history by breaking the law, no one would've thought that they would find a way back home and in turn, become their enemy. The nine goddesses had such a strong impact in Heaven that even guards themselves, couldn't get the courage to take a step forward.

"Man, this place didn't change at all." said Tiffany as she crossed her arms.

"And it's the same as always. Shall we have some fun today Tiffany-ya?" smiled Taeyeon as she glanced at her.

"My skills have gotten a bit rusty but hey, good to have a little warm-up~" said Tiffany as she cracked her knuckles. Just by a snap of a finger, a purple flame lit at her fingertip as she simply waved it to the left, causing three guards to faint all of the sudden. Taeyeon on the other, created hand formations as a burst of ice and fire exploded in the middle causing guards to fly and fall off, tumnling the rest down. It was indeed a power unlike other. This was how powerful the former goddesses were. It was then Tiffany turned around and winked, sending a signal for them to pass through. Immediately, Sunny sneakily walked past as the others followed into another corridor leading to a laboratory. With Taeyeon and Tiffany holding troops at the entrance, this gave the girls ample of time to search for the chamber where Eunji and Naeun were. To their surprise, it was like a maze with random empty rooms in between and lab equipment scattered. The fairies had no idea such place existed.

"Follow me. It's straight ahead." instructed Sunny as she memorized the whole blueprint at the tip of her tongue.

"What do we do once we reach there? Do we just destroy everything?" asked Hayoung.

"Oh, I love destruction. Leave that to me!" said Bomi.

"If you do that, you'll find a million of troops outside and ready to arrest all of you." sighed Namjoo as she shook her head at the two.

"She's right. One of us will have to take down the lab assistant while we try to remove those things strapped on their heads. After that, we'll make way to escape." said Sunny as the four continued to run along the hallway.

"Escape?" asked Bomi.

"Do you want to stay back here and suffer? We're heading back to Earth. Your home. Well, it's my home too." said Sunny.

 

~X~

 

At that same moment, news had already gotten out of the sudden apperance of the former goddesses Taeyeon and Tiffany as they were engaged in a battle on the fourth floor of the Heaven Tower. Having a hunch that something was wrong, royal guards were ordered to check the prison and to their prediction, the Thunder Fairy had disappeared. This sparked an emergency alert that caused the deployment of all guards as they surrounded the Tower, knowing fully well that Bomi is still inside somewhere.

Chorong and Hoya arrived a second too late as they were blocked access to the tower as guards surrounded the building, groups in patrol as they were ready for battle upon the news of the Taeyeon and Tiffany's arrival.

"We have to go in...I'm sure Bomi's still inside hiding somewhere.....Eunji and Naeun too....." said Chorong in worry as she felt intimidated by the guards who stood tall in front of the entrance.

"I'll handle this, don't worry." said Hoya with a smile as he proceeded to walk to the front.

"Sorry, we're not allowing anyone inside until it's been cleared." said the guard in a robotic tone.

"I understand what you mean but it's an emergency. I need to collect an important document from the library at the first floor." said Hoya in a calm tone.

"State yourself."

"Here." said Hoya as he took out a badge from his pocket and showed it to the guard.

"Very well. But make it quick." said the guard as it opened the path for them.

"Oh and she's coming along. She's my assistant." said Hoya as he quickly walked past, bringing Chorong along as they managed to enter the tower. Reaching the first level, it was clear of guards as everyone was occupied on the fourth floor where the battle was still ongoing. Even from there, they could hear the sounds of lightning crackling and ice breaking apart.

"How did you do that Hoya-ssi?" asked Chorong in surprise, seeing how easily Hoya just got through.

"Looks like you've forgotten that I'm the son between a demon and an angel and my mother has quite the authority, Chorong-ssi."

"Sorry....I didn't mean too..."

"Anyways, I'm really surprised to hear that two of the nine goddesses are here. We don't mean any harm to them but I don't know what is the purpose of their appearence. Surely, they're not here to start a war. I believe Bomi went straight to the lab to save Eunji and Hayoung but it's a war zone up there." said Hoya as he analysed the situation calmly.

"It doesn't matter. I'm going there."

"I'll help you."

"Are you sure? You're going to violate the law if you attack the guards!" 

"Aren't you doing the same?" asked Hoya to which Chorong turned silent, unable to challenge back her words.

"Come. I make way for you as I'll hold onto the guards patrolling the second and third level. But you'll be on your on. I'll do the best I can."

"Wait. But...why are you doing this Hoya-ssi? Why are you doing this all of this for me?" asked Chorong, stopped Hoya from going.

"You're my only friend and I'm thankful that you accepted me despite being a half-demon. Is that enough for a reason?" smiled Hoya, knowing that he could not confess himself. He knew that he could not tell her that it was because he loved her. He knew that her heart already belonged to someone else. It had always been the Thunder Fairy that won.

"But..."

"Come on, we don't have time to waste." said Hoya as he ran up the staircase and got ready to fight. As he shouted at the guards making him the centre of attention, this allowed Chorong to sneak past and climb up to the next floor.

"Are you sure you'll be alright?" asked Chorong as she stopped and looked behind.

"Go." said Hoya with a smile as he formed a dark sword onto his palm and swung it across.

Feeling thankful yet sorry, the Fire Fairy left with a heavy heart as her thoughts were just filled with saving Bomi, Eunji and Naeun. She had hoped that it wasn't too late and it didn't matter anymore because she could no longer obey the law. She was tired of being restricted and helpless in situations where she could have saved them. She could no longer hide her secret hatred for her superiors. She could no longer watch to lose another of her own again.

"What are you doing here Fire Fairy?! This place is off limits, please leave immediat-" before the white guard could even say anything else, the furious girl slashed across its face with a pinch of fire that lit brightly. As she climbed up higher, another burst of fire roared from her hands immediately knocking down the enemies that blocked her path. With her fury, the temperature raised to 50 degrees as a line of flames followed along her footprints. She was like a burning phoenix that nobody could stop.

"Hey look, we've got a helper!" said Tiffany as she noticed a bright flame at one corner, causing a group of guards to fall apart.

"Ah, it's Sunny's student. Who was it again....Chorong right?" wondered Taeyeon calmly as she casually pushed guards aside with a brush of air and then attacking them with a swing of stinging ice across their chests.

"Let's make way for her to enter through the lab. It's the least we can do." said Tiffany as she patted the girl's .

"That'll be an easy piece of cake my love." smiled Taeyeon as she patted her back and got straight to work. Putting her palms onto the ground, tree roots suddenly appeared out of nowhere and grabbed hold of the guards, restraining their movements.

"Chorong-ah! Over here! Get inside quickly!" shouted Tiffany to which Chorong ran over while the goddesses protected her.

"Thank you Taeyeon and Tiffany unnie!" said Chorong as she could only bow slightly as she got through the entrance. The moment the Fire Fairy went through the opening, the two goddesses immediately stood back at the front like a shield, preventing the troops from entering the lab.

"They really did sent the entire force over huh? We must be so feared by them." laughed Tiffany as she held Taeyeon's hand.

"But that just means they're really jealous of our relationship that we kept going for so long right?" smiled Taeyeon as the two fused their powers together by kissing each other on the cheek, creating an even powerful force that not even the royal guards could step in.

 

 

~X~

 

 

Meanwhile at the laboratory, the girls searched each and every corner of the place wondering where on earth the chamber was. It looks like it was hidden in perfect secrecy as to not disturb the operation.

"Dammit! Where is it?! We don't have time left!" said Hayoung in frustration.

"Calm down Hayoung-ah. Do not rush or we might miss it." said Namjoo.

"Hold on. I think I know what's the problem." said Sunny as she stopped and touched the floor as suddenly, a blue light appeared revealing an invisible layer of cloak that blocked their vision. As she placed pressure, the ground slightly shook causing it to break apart like glass where the path to the chamber was finally open. It looked like there was an illusion placed to prevent anyone from finding it but it failed as the goddess found out the secret quickly.

"Woah, how did you do that unnie?" asked Hayoung in amazement.

"I'll teach you later. Let's go!" smiled Sunny as the girls followed her.

Soon, they finally arrived at the chamber. Just by glancing over the small glass screen, their hearts fell seeing Eunji and Naeun strapped to their seats as they lost their conciousness while the machine did it's work. Not wanting to waste any time, Hayoung placed her hands out, clenched her fists that caused the windows to break apart due to the pressure caused by her air powers. Within a flash, Hayoung glided through and was met face-front with the scientist, Huh Gak. While Hayoung confonted him, the other three proceeded to detach the wires strapped over Eunji and Naeun, freeing them as Bomi carried Eunji while Namjoo carried Naeun.

"So you must be the Air Fairy......i can't believe you reincarnated into a woman" smiled Huh Gak as he stopped everything he was doing and stared at Hayoung with a fatherly smile.

"What nonsense are you talking about? I don't care what happens but you better get back their memories." said Hayoung ignoring whatever he was mumbling about and threatened to attack as she got ready herself.

"You remind me so much of him. The more I look at you, I think about him more." mumbled Huh Gak in a sad tone as he didn't seem to care at the fact that his subjects were released. It was as if he was only doing it for the sake of such. From his expression, it looked like Huh Gak didn't mean to harm anyone and wasn't their enemy.

"S-Shut up, whatever you did to Eunji unnie and Naeun unnie, make them back to normal!" said Hayoung as she made one of the machines burst and kept a distance in between the scientist who was rambling weird things.

"What are you doing Hayoung-ah! Let's go!" shouted Bomi as the three girls were just about to leave the chamber that was already in ruins thanks to the Air Fairy.

"The three of you head on first! I'll catch up later. I'm gonna make sure this old man over here gives me some kind of method to get their memories back." said Hayoung.

"But-" said Bomi but Namjoo held her back.

"Let's go unnie. Let's trust our maknae." said Namjoo to which Bomi nodded.

"Over here." said Sunny as she guided the two to the left side of the corridor, in the midst of the maze-like floor.

"You don't have to worry too much. I just got started and then, you made a mess of my precious laboratory." said Huh Gak as he calmly walked over to his desk, searching for something in his desk.

"What? So are you saying they're fine? Are they alright? Stop going around the bush old man!" said Hayoung in frustration, unable to get any answers.

"Maybe. Maybe not. I'm not sure of the effects but let me give this to you, before it's too late." said Huh Gak as he tossed a crystal-like stone to Hayoung.

"What's this? Who are you? Why are you talking as if I know you?" asked Hayoung with a bombard of questions as she stared at the crystal in her palm.

"You must be totally clueless. The original Air Fairy was my son. Jinyoung was such a smart, intelligent boy, i had hoped that he would follow the same steps as me but alas, the Air god has chosen him. I regret being a father who was so busy and occupied that the last I saw him was the day of his death. At least, I'll be able to give this to you now even though you are not him. Jinyoung lives on in you, dear child." smiled Huh Gak as he suddenly pressed buttons on the computer.

"W-What?"

"Do not worry. I'm also sick of serving under the Great Almightly. Get out of here, child. The place that you are searching for, the answer is in that crystal. Now, go. I will buy time for you." said Huh Gak.

"What about you?"

"My time has finally come. I want to do what I couldn't do as a father, to protect my child even though you are not him. Now, go!" said Huh Gak as he suddenly pushed Hayoung out of the lab and shut the door tight. The girl who seemed confused at his words, took a glance at the crystal that pinpointed the direction of escape. With one last look at the man, Hayoung began to run away in escape. As the girl left, the man smiled as he reminisced about his last moments with his deceased son. With a push of a button, the lab suddenly exploded into flames, creating a temporary barrier that blocked anyone from entering the path that lead to their escape.

 

 

 

~X~

 

 

At that same moment outside the entrance, the two goddesses were aware of the sudden explosion that sparked at the lab. Unsure what had happened, they had other important matters to worry about. An enemy that they didn't think they would meet again had arrived. One of the higher superiors that was in charge of the law and order of Heaven, Lee Soo Man barged into the building with another troop of royal guards by his side. Holding onto this large, blue sword as he walked one step forward, he was indeed angry to think that they had appeared again. The nine goddesses who once helped them was now just an enemy in their eyes.

"Oh no.....Taeyeon-ah, let's run." said Tiffany as she held her hand.

"This is as far as we can do to help them. Sorry, Sunny-ya." said Taeyeon as they held their hands together while the black rings wrapped over their fingers began to lit up in a crimson light. Slowly, their figures began to blur away and soon fade into thin air.

"Running away again? Go, find the rest of the culprits." sighed Soo Man as he ordered the troops to burst into the entrance that was no longer blocked.

Bomi and Namjoo who followed Sunny suddenly stopped as they saw the troops barging right in front of their way.

"Dammit. I guess this was as far Taeyeon and Tiffany could hold on huh?" said Sunny as she started to form something in her hands and got ready to attack. But at that moment, a barrier of flames shot across that acted as a shield between the girls and the guards.

"These flames...." said Sunny in realisation of who was here. As she turned around, Chorong was at the far end of the corridor who was busy searching for them. 

"C-C-CHORONG UNNIE!!" shouted Bomi who saw the girl and waved excitedly with restricted movements as she was carrying Eunji in her arms.

"I never imagined that you would come." said Sunny in a relieved smile.

"We have to go now, Sunny unnie." said Chorong in a rush as she ran over.

"I'm aware of that, it won't take long before your shield dies down. I need to time to form to portal." said Sunny.

"Portal?" asked Namjoo.

"Understood. I'll do my best to hold them back unnie." said Chorong as she got to work, making her flames stronger.

"But unnie! Hayoung is still at the lab! Shouldn't we go rescue her?!" said Namjoo in worry.

"Do not worry. I've already sent someone over to help her." said Sunny with a smile as she proceeded to write something on the floor, constructing a spell that would form the "portal" that she spoked of.

"Someone? You mean there's more who are helping us?" asked Bomi.

 

 

 

~X~

 

 

 

Hayoung followed where the crystal instructed her to go. Although the others turned right, she turned left and was presumably at the far end corner from where everyone was. She had no one to trust but this crystal that the man gave her. She was uncertain as she continued to walk into the maze-like corridor that left her at dead-ends and corners that blocked her path.

"Goddammit, where is everyone?" sighed Hayoung in frustration as fatigue finally had her. 

"Who the hell built this building?! It's so confusing I don't even know where I'm going!" mumbled Hayoung to herself as she looked around. There were signs written at the top that lead to various places such as the medical facility or storage room. It all proved useless information for the Air Fairy who was in a hurry. There were a lot of things on her mind, the safety of her unnies, the whereabouts of Chorong unnie and the words that Huh Gak had said before. She wasn't able to concentrate and was in a daze as she struggled to find her way all alone by herself.

It was at that moment, a sudden portal opened in front of her. A bright blue light shone and reflected against the wall as Hayoung took a step back into a defensive mode. She figured that she was finally caught by the guards and had to fight back. But instead, there was a silhouette of a woman inside the portal as she reached her hand out.

"Come, child." said the woman.

Hayoung froze. Should she trust and take her hand? But what if that is simply a trap made by the enemy? But either way, she would be stuck here. The girl had trust issues but based on her observations before, the portal was familar. It was the same type of portal used when she, Namjoo and Sunny returned back to Heaven from Earth.

"Do not worry. I am friends with the nine goddesses. Now, hurry."

The girl gulped. She had no other choice but to trust her. With one step forward, the Air Fairy took her hand and soon, she was pulled into the portal that eventually lead her back to the same, run-down bar. She safely escaped Heaven and was now, back home to Earth. 

As time continues to tick, the fire continues to die down slowly as Chorong began to lose her fatigue quickly. Bomi and Namjoo could do nothing but watch helplessly as their unnie tried their best to hold on. They had mixed feelings upon seeing the Fire Fairy again. For awhile, they felt a sense of betrayal yet confusion because the girl simply left them to the guards without saying anything. But yet again, she was here doing their best to protect them at the front.

"It's done! Hurry up, go inside now!" said Sunny as she successfully crafted out the blue portal with the hole opening, leading back to the run-down bar back on Earth. Lightly pushing her hands forward, Namjoo went inside first followed by Bomi but the girl stopped her steps and looked behind.

"Chorong unnie! Unnie! Come on!" shouted Bomi, not wanting to leave until the Fire Fairy comes along.

"Bomi, we don't have time. Please go inside now." urged Sunny.

"I'm sorry. I can't and I won't go until she comes along." said Bomi stubbornly. The goddess sighed, she had never thought that this girl in front of her still behaved like a kid. But, she agreed. She wanted Chorong to escape too, Sunny had watched her for a long time and had enough of witnessing her suffering every day. She knew that returning to Earth was the best decision for her.

"Alright. I got it. Leave that to me." said Sunny as she placed her wrist out, gently shifted to the left as a sudden spark of white thunder appeared. She shot it towards the fire wall, causing an effect that made it temporarily stronger again.

"T-Thunder?!" said Bomi surprised that she was able to use thunder abilities. The girl had always thought that she was the only one who had the ability to do so.

"Chorong-ah! You should go in, now." said Sunny as she went over to her side.

"No unnie. I'm not going. I don't deserve to go back there." said Chorong with a sad smile.

"What nonsense are you speaking now?!" said Sunny in frustration.

"I need to repent my sins. I choose to stay here unnie. I'm sorry." 

"Gosh, I've been teaching you for over 100 years and you're still as stubborn as ever. Be a good girl and go! Take care of your newly-born fairies and teach them to be strong! At least strong enough to impress me!" said Sunny as she had no choice but use a powerful air-rush from her palm that gently pushed Chorong towards the still-open portal. Luckily, Bomi was there to catch her.

"But unnie! What about you?!" said Chorong in worry.

"Don't worry about me. Worry about yourself first. Now, go." smiled Sunny as Bomi had to pull Chorong into the portal, trying her best to fight against the Fire Fairy who insisted to wait for Sunny. The very last moments before the portal closed on Sunny's command, all Chorong could remember was her smile. It was a smile that spoke of courage and trust. It was a smile that hoped of a brighter future. Once the portal closed, the fire wall that Chorong had constructed immediately broke down like pieces as royal guards manage to barge in, only to see Sunny all alone by herself.

"You let them escape didn't you?" said a man as the troops made a path for him. It was Lee Soo Man.

"Do whatever you want with me uncle. I'll never tell you where they went." smirked Sunny but immediately, a tight, stinging slap went across her face.

"You fool."

"Please. You don't even have the guts to kill me. After all, I'm your one and only niece, uncle." smiled Sunny who seemed unaffected by the slap. She was ready for whatever that was bound to come because as long as they were safe and away from Heaven, it did not matter anymore. In the end, there always has to be a sacrifice for something good. The sacrifice, was her.

 

 

~X~

 

 

Back at Earth in the run-down bar located at the basement, a portal suddenly opened as five girls tumbled out onto the flat floor.

"Oh my, are you kids alright?" said a lady as she quickly helped them out. 

"So these are the kids Taeyeon unnie was talking about." said another.

"Anyways, I think we need to take these two upstairs to rest." said yet another girl as she single-handedly took and carried Eunji and Naeun to a room on the second floor. 

"Where are we?" asked Bomi in a daze as she looked around only to notice unfamiliar ladies who stared at them.

"It's called Fany Bar. Tiffany unnie runs the place but she doesn't really get any customers. Taeyeon usually sings at night if she feels like it. Anyways, I'm sure all of you must be exhausted from the journey. Who knows what on earth happened up there." said a lady as she helped the other fairies to sit down at the table.

"Let's give them an introduction shall we?" asked another as she looked at them and suddenly laughed out of no where in embarassment.

"She's too shy so I'll do it instead. I'm Yuri, the one who's still laughing right now with a crocodile mouth is Yoona and that is Seohyun. We're part of the nine goddesses that used to serve Heaven but well, we're kinda exiled now." said Yuri

"Wait, what? Nine goddesses? Huh?" said Bomi totally confused.

"Unnie, I know it's your first time coming here but please don't make yourself look stupid...." said Hayoung as she facepalmed and tried to hold in her laughter.

"We've already heard the whole story so I guess it's your turn Bomi unnie, but I wonder if you're going to fall asleep or something." said Namjoo with a giggle.

"Hey, what do you take me for?" pouted Bomi.

"Sunny unnie and Hoya is still there....we need to get them back....." said Chorong as tears suddenly rolled down her cheeks, remembering about the two people who gave their sacrifices just for their escape.

"Unnie....." said Bomi surprised at the Fire Fairy's sudden tears as she couldn't find anything to wipe her tears with so she used her sleeve.

"Is everyone here?" said a lady as she entered the bar with another lady. It was Taeyeon and Tiffany.

"You're back just in time. Everyone's here." said Seohyun as she help to take their coats off.

"Those two will take forever to reach here so I guess we'll start without them." said Tiffany as everyone sat around a large table located in the middle of the bar. One corner was the fairies while the other was the goddesses as they finally faced each other.

"Wait, where's Hayoung? Sunny unnie said that she sent someone over to help her...." said Namjoo as she noticed that there was something missing.

"Oh, that girl? She's sleeping upstairs. Must've been really worn out the moment I brought her here. She's kinda cute tho, with her sleeping face like that." smiled Yuri.

"Anyways, let's not go off topic. Let's start." said Taeyeon as Tiffany proceeded to serve everyone with drinks as if this was going to be a long talk.

"Start? With what?" asked Bomi.

"I knew this would happen...." sighed Chorong, as if she knew what was coming next.

"Starting our own war with Heaven." said Taeyeon.

 

 

 

[END OF CHAPTER 12]

 

 

A/N: A war?! Just what are the goddesses thinking? What will happen to Eunji and Naeun when they wake up? Does the crystal that Huh Gak gave to Hayoung has some sort of answer? Many things are still left in a huge question mark and relationships still hanging! Thank you for reading and do share your thoughts of this chapter! I will try to update as soon as I can :)