The Secret

Fairies

 

At the library where not a single soul was around, the maknaes were surprised to find a woman wandering around. What was even more surprising was that, they didn't even detect her presence at all only until she spoke a word. As they stared at the lady who seemed like she was in her late 20's and wore a long, white gown, she had a sombre expression painted across her face as if she was mourning for something.

"You're...one of them? The nine goddesses that this book speaks about?" asked Hayoung questioning the validity of her words.

"Hold on. The nine goddesses, Kim Taeyeon, Lee Soon Kyu, Hwang Mi Young, Kim Hyoyeon, Kwon Yuri, Jung Soo Yeon, Choi Sooyoung, Im Yoona and Seo Ju Hyun......" said Namjoo as she read from the book.

"That's me, Lee Soon Kyu but I don't like being called that. I wonder who's the publisher that wrote that there, I have another name. Anyways, what are you girls doing here? Don't you know that this place is off limits?" asked the lady as she crossed her arms, scanning the girls from top to bottom.

"We didn't know, there wasn't any signs or anything written here. I just wanted to check this place out because Teacher Hoya said the library had some useful things we can learn about." said Hayoung.

"I'm guessing you girls are new. Judging from the look, you must be the reincarnated fairies everyone is talking about. That explains why my Chorong is so busy lately, I really hope she takes care of health while handling you two." sighed the lady.

"Um...there's three more of us so...." said Namjoo innocently.

"Anyways, call me Sunny. Well, you can say I'm pretty powerful up here, it's a little embarassing to say this but you should respect me." said Sunny halfway while breaking into a shy laughter.

"It's a pleasure to meet you sunbae-nim!" said the two as they bowed in unison. Upon seeing this, Sunny laughed finding their actions adorable. In her eyes, they were like babies who are just learning to walk on this place called Heaven. She had a hunch that she could trust them and wondered whether to spill out the secrets or not. Knowing well that the young ones are unaware of the dark things that lurk in Heaven, she wanted to protect them and not want to make the same mistake again.

But it was at that moment, the door stormed open as a group of guards barged in.

"Water Fairy Kim Namjoo and Air Fairy Oh Hayoung! You have been summoned to the Royal Court! Reveal yourselves!" shouted one guard as the others proceeded to march through the library in search of the girls.

"W-What on earth is happening?" said Namjoo confused at the whole situation.

"Come with me." said Sunny as she signalled them to follow her, leading them to a small compartment, perfectly camouflaged by a bookshelf as they climbed through and closed the hole, remaining hidden from the guards. There, the two girls who were bewildered by the sudden situation decided to follow the lady as they crawled down, reaching onto a tight, small room with table in the middle that contained a red button.

"What is going on....Sunny-sunbaenim?" asked Hayoung as she paused in the middle wondering what to address her as.

"Just call me unnie. Sunbaenim makes it too burdensome for me." smiled Sunny as Hayoung nodded.

"But where are we going unnie? Do you know why those guards are coming for us all of the sudden? We didn't do anything wrong." asked Namjoo in worry as she thought about her other unnies at first, hoping that they are all right.

"Well, when one member in the team makes a mistake they take and blame everyone. It and it doesn't make sense. Anyways, I'm probably rambling nonsense to you but I'll explain everything later. For now, we need to get out of here. Come on, hold my hand." said Sunny as her left arm reached out to the girls while the other had her palm placed on top of the button.

"Get out of here?" asked Namjoo, hesistating.

"We don't have time, come on!" urged Sunny.

"Let's go unnie." said Hayoung. Just by her words, Namjoo was able to trust her as she grabbed Hayoung's hand while using the other to hold Sunny's as she pressed the button hard. Soon, the same exact white lights appeared that temporarily caused them to close their eyes as they could feel themselves transporting into another dimension, away from Heaven. It was obvious that they were at a place that seemed different, the air was heavier and it looked like a run-down bar tucked away and forgotten for a long time.

"Where are we unnie?" asked Namjoo.

"Home sweet home. We're back on Earth." answered Sunny with a smile.

"Oh Sunny-ya, you should've call us if you were coming-" said a lady who came out from the counter, only to pause while locking eyes on both Namjoo and Hayoung.

"Sunny's here? Man, you just missed the chance. I just sold off my prized wine to a customer yesterday, its a pity but today you can just drink the usual-" said another lady as she came out.

"Well, oops. Anyways, I'm not here to drink today. I brought along some new babies that we need to teach." said Sunny as she signalled the two fairies to sit down.

"New babies? Pfft, don't make me laugh. You aren't really the type to bring just anyone out here, so I guess it must be a special request." said the lady as she sat down.

"Let's listen to what she has to say, Tiffany." said the other lady as everyone settled down at a table.

Namjoo and Hayoung remained silent as they were somehow afraid yet cautious of where they were. Everything had happened so fast and they have no idea what was happening. They had so many questions to ask but yet, the aura these women had in front of them were powerful and much stronger than Chorong.

"Allow me to introduce to you, our leader Taeyeon and Tiffany. Of course, there's also me, Sunny. We're part of the nine goddesses in the book that you saw just awhile ago. It's probably a bit too much to take it in but let's do it slow and steady." smiled Sunny.

"Wow, I haven't heard that word in awhile. Stop making me feel old!" said Tiffany.

"Why'd you bring these kids over?" asked Taeyeon.

"Things are happening again back there. Looks like a situation similar to what the two of you did." said Sunny.

"History sure is repeating itself." said Tiffany with a smile as she glanced at the two fairies. It was obvious that they were slightly afraid by their appearance.

"Don't worry. We aren't tigers or anything. We won't hurt you. In fact, we're here to help you out." smiled Tiffany, trying to ensure relief towards the girls.

"I-I don't really know what's going on but thank you. I'm Hayoung, the Air Fairy and this is Namjoo, the Water Fairy." stuttered Hayoung nervously as she introduced herself and her unnie to the ladies who beared a strong aura around them. 

"Actually, I haven't fully explain the whole situation yet so I'm sure the two of you are a bit lost. Let's take this slowly step by step okay?" said Sunny to which the fairies nodded.

"This is going to be a long talk. Any drinks? Alcohol maybe?" asked Tiffany.

"We're underage...." said Namjoo politely.

"Oh my, they are really babies. Looks like we have to take really good care of you. Tiffany-ya, just give them some orange juice." said Taeyeon.

"What's going on Sunny unnie? Is there something that Chorong unnie is hiding from us? Is there a secret that we must know?" said Hayoung with a bombard of questions.

"Ah, where shall we start? I'm sure you've been warned about this one annoying law that makes us question things. The fact that we cannot fall in love."

"That reminds me....Chorong unnie has been looking really mad recently..I don't know if it's because of what Bomi unnie did or the fact that cherry blossoms and hail started to appear all of the sudden...." said Namjoo as the three ladies turned their heads towards her, eyes wide open. They've begun to realise why Sunny brought them here and sighed thinking about the consequences that was bound to occur next.

"Wow....so that's what is happening now.....This is really bad...." said Tiffany as she bit her nail.

"What? Are they going to be alright? What did they do wrong? What did they do wrong? Why is everyone hiding things from us?" asked Namjoo, confused and worried.

"Unnie...calm down..." said Hayoung as she pulled her unnie back and held her hand.

"It all started centuries ago, back when the nine goddesses were together. We were a really powerful team while working hand in hand with The Great Almighty, making sure that both the world of mortals and heaven were safe from evil. Goddesses are much powerful than fairies because they had the ability to control all six elements. And that's when, these two here fell in love and broke the balance in the world. Let's just say a war even broke out because of this and it's was a mess." said Sunny as she pointed to both Taeyeon and Tiffany.

"What, so you're blaming us now?" joked Taeyeon. 

"Don't distract me!" said Sunny as she playfully hit her shoulder.

"Anyways, what's important now is we need to save them before it happens. These girls that you mention about, your team members are all in trouble. They're going straight for the Royal Court and have their hearings. We gotta stop them before they wipe out their memories like what they did to my Chorong." said Sunny.

"Like how?" asked Hayoung as she slowly understood the situation.

"It goes like this....." said Taeyeon as she explained the plan.

 

 

~X~

 

 

At that same moment, Chorong, Eunji, Naeun and Bomi walked with quick steps towards the tower only to see a batch of guards with white armour strapped over their bodies as they surrounded the tower, scavenging the library on the first floor.

"." cursed Chorong as she stopped.

"W-What's wrong unnie?" asked Bomi in worry.

"Why did you stop?" asked Eunji.

"I'm sorry girls." said Chorong in a sad tone as she turned around to face them.

"There they are!" shouted one of the guards as a whole group surrounded and restrained them.

"W-Wait, what?! What's happening unnie?!" shouted Bomi in confusion as she tried to resist but failed.

"Why are you cuffing me? Dammit, argh!" shouted Eunji as she struggled.

"Chorong unnie, what's happening?!" asked Naeun in a daze.

"I'm sorry. I failed as a leader. I failed to properly guide you and now, the three of you will have to pay for your wrongdoings..." said Chorong as she could only helplessly watch them get carried away by the strong guards. The fairies couldn't understand what was going on as they were dragged away to the Royal Court that was located at the highest mountain in Heaven. White guards who covered their faces did not say a single word as they followed their own orders, cuffing the girls with transparent bands that glowed in a rich, purple light as they forced them to walk inside to the court that was as large as a stadium. It was surrounded by people who covered themselves in red robes, not revealing their faces as they all seem to levitate their bodies while staring at the girls being forced to sit in the middle. It was quite intimading to have thousands of faces just staring you as if they were judging and watching their every move. 

"Stay close guys. No matter what happens, just follow my lead." whispered Eunji to Bomi and Naeun who were lost. They nodded as there was suddenly a loud thud of hammer knocking onto the large table that was the size of an elephant. At the top, sat the judge who also had his face covered in a white mask while dressed in a bright, red robe. Everything just seemed like it was out of a movie, it was strange and fearful to be in a situation like that. But the girls had an idea why they were brought to the Royal Court, they were aware of their wrongdoings that Chorong had warned them before and they were not mad at their leader. Both Eunji and Naeun knew that they broke the law and it was amazing how they were caught immediately. Bomi on the other hand decided to face whatever punishment bravely. She figured that it was a big taboo to reveal her identity to that male mortal because now, it caused a big issue in the news and surely, Heaven wouldn't be too happy about that. The three fairies were worried as to what would happen next but they were no longer afraid because they were together.

"Silence in the court. We shall now begin the trial." said a voice.

"But dear magistrate, we have yet to find the Water and Air Fairy." said another.

"It does not matter. They are innocent although they may hold strong evidence but there is no time. We shall begin with haste."

"Very well sir." as a long, bell echoed the entire court, causing it to be completely silent.

"Let's begin with Thunder Fairy Yoon Bomi. As written in the Laws of Heaven Book Chapter 4, Page 3450, you have been charged for revealing your identity as a fairy to a human mortal being. As this is your first offence, it shall be a light term and you shall head to jail to reflect on your actions for the next one year."

"O-One year?! What the crap is that supposed to-" shouted Bomi in disagreement but was later stopped by the white guards who silenced her with an electric pole.

"Bomi-ya!" whispered Eunji as she looked helplessly at her friend with worry.

"Next, Nature Fairy Jung Eunji and Ice Fairy Son Naeun. You have broken the rules as written by the Laws of Heaven Book Chapter 1, Page 1 by falling in love. Because of your uncontrolled emotions, you have created an unstable change of weather on Earth by turning summer into spring and causing hailstorms to fall. This is a serious offence and as written and ordered by the Great Almightly himself, the two of you shall have your memories erased of each other." 

Upon hearing that, the hearts of the two girls in love fell straight to the bottom. Like a nightmare that they could not run away from, it was the price they had to pay. As they looked at each other, there was only a stare of sadness and regret. It was fated, a love that was never meant to be and yet, they smiled. Thinking about their memories together, it brought them so much of happiness to the point where they wished it was a dream that never ended. It was just the start of their love right after Eunji had the bravery to confess herself, everything fell. But the older girl was confident that even though she would no longer have memories of Naeun, she was sure that she would definitely fall in love with her again. She was sure of it.

"This session is over. Please take the criminals away to serve their punishment. May you learn from your mistakes." said the judge as the hammer knocked loudly onto the table, three times while echoing loudly. The white guards each took the three girls and seperated them to a different location. As they stared each other for the last time, they smiled. It was strange. Although it was a sad moment, smiles only seem to appear from their mouths. It was the price they had to pay in exchange for the happiness they recieved, it definitely was unfair but they could do nothing against the powers of Heaven.

Eunji and Naeun were moved into a chamber with two chairs in the middle as they were forced to sit on it while a man in white coats placed a strap over their head, hands and legs, restricting their movements. He had a nametag stuck on the left of his coat pocket with the name "Huh Gak". They were left alone with the man as the white guards soon left, leaving the seemingly "scientist" to do his magic work.

"It's a pity isn't it. The last time I did this was when Chorong was here. I'm really close with her and it's sad that I have to do this. Well, it's the law. Nothing that I can do to help." sighed Huh Gak as he started pressing some buttons on the keyboard at the side. This allowed Eunji and Naeun to have a short moment together, as they stared in a silence.

"The world is really cruel unnie...." said Naeun as tears started to flow down her cheeks.

"Why are you crying? There's nothing to be sad of. Even though our memories will be erased, we will start off with a new beginning. Isn't that great?" said Eunji with a sad smile as she wanted to wipe the her tears away but couldn't as she was strapped.

"Why does it always happen to us? Why does our love story always have to be so tragic like Romeo and Juliet?" sobbed Naeun silently as she looked down.

"It's just the way life is, Naeun-ah. There will be times where it’s just unfair but I believe there will always be a happy ending somewhere. No matter what, I will choose to fall in love with you again. It’s no one else. It’s gotta be you.”

“Eunji unnie…..”

“I don’t want to have any regrets so let me say it now before it’s too late. I love you Naeun-ah.” said Eunji with a smile.

“I….love you too Eunji unnie….” said Naeun.

“Yeah, yeah, enough with that. You’re making me feel bad the longer I hear this. Well, let’s start shall we?” said Huh Gak as he interrupted their moment walked over while fixing his gloves. 

 

 

~X~

 

 

Meanwhile, Bomi was brought to a place that had an endless row of empty cells. It seemed like she was the only prisoner around as the guards tossed her into one of the cells and shutting the door tight, wrapping a purple-like chain that glowed brightly. It seemed that the special chain was the reason why Bomi was unable to use her powers. Soon, the white guards walked off leaving the Thunder Fairy all alone in the vast, hollow prison where she was the only one.

"Goddammit. I can't stay here for a ing year." cursed Bomi doing whatever she wants while banging hard onto the bars. Her aggressive behavior echoed loudly as all she could hear was herself.

"Is anyone out there?! Get me out of here!" shouted Bomi but there was no response.

Giving up, she walked around her tight cell that contained absolutely nothing at all. It was just an empty space with a cold, hard floor for her to sit on. It was then, she had an idea as she opened her palms and tried to squeeze out a thunder bolt but it failed, immediately evaporating into thin air.

"Wow, this prison sure is different. I've never been to prison before so I should be honoured to be here!" shouted Bomi as she just talked to herself, sounding like a crazy girl.

"CHORONG UNNIE! EUNJI-YA! NAEUN-AH! NAMJOO-YA! HAYOUNG-AH!" shouted Bomi one by one. The girl had so much of energy that she seemed to enjoy herself, shouting powerfully as no one could hear her. But soon, she got bored and sat down with a sigh.

"All i did was help that man to the hospital and I get this in return? What a load of bull. Goddammit!" cursed Bomi freely, knowing that she could really just do whatever she wanted in her cell. After all, she had to find ways to entertain herself for one whole year.

With the helpless fairy stuck in her prisoner cell at the bottom basement of the tower, there was a girl who stood at the top outside at a balcony as she observed the quiet city. Wiping her tears, she reflected on her actions as there was nothing she could do to help them. Like a mother who could only watch her children to suffer, the Fire Fairy weeped and sighed. She blamed herself for not teaching them properly, she blamed herself for not overseeing what could go wrong, she blamed everything. It was because she had the burden of a leader, she had the responsibility to guide the newly-reincarnated fairies to the right part. But instead, she had failed. Just earlier when she went to report the mission to her superiors, they had already recieved the information of what was happening on Earth. There, she had recieved a long earful of scolding and because of her mistakes, her title has been ripped off and her activities as a Fire Fairy were suspended. She was powerless against her superiors. She had already made a mistake once, there was no way they would forgive her for a second time.

"I knew you'd be here Chorong-ssi." said a man as he walked out to the balcony where the girl was, staring into the dark sky.

"Hoya-ssi...." said Chorong as she turned around and quickly wiped her tears away.

"I knew you'd be here. It was always the same, just when it was the day of their funeral, you were like this too." said Hoya with a sad smile. He was indeed her only friend left and seeing her in such state, hurt his heart. All he wanted was for her to be happy. He had hoped that by helping to train the new fairies, he believed that they could bring more happiness in her life but instead, it fell through. He was aware and cautious of holding onto his feelings. Unlike others, he was obedient to the law and avoiding falling in love, especially to the girl that was right in front of him. Even though he hid his feelings, he always lost to someone. He remembered how the original Thunder Fairy, Changsub confessed his feelings for her in secretly and he supported their relationship by keeping a secret. But with him gone, he was still afraid to take a step forward. The only thing he could do was to make her happy.

"It's all my fault Hoya-ssi. I did it again...." said Chorong as she looked down.

"We all make mistakes. They say that we learn more once we get a pinch of what hurts us. It's only for the best and for the future." said Hoya as he too, stared towards the skies.

"There's no stopping the fact that Eunji and Naeun are going to lose memories of each other. I don't even know where on earth did Namjoo and Hayoung went, I should've kept my eyes on them. And Bomi.....I won't be able to see her for one whole year....The things that brought me happiness for the past weeks, are all gone like that. Just by a simple mistake....I lost everything....." said Chorong helplessly.

"Chorong-ssi....."

"Will Bomi hate me now? Is she angry because I didn't tell her anything? I shouldn't have scolded her.....I shouldn't have said those words to her......I....." said Chorong as her tears started to spill even more.

"Please calm down Chorong-ssi....you need to control your emotions otherwise the balance of the Sun...." said Hoya as he tried to remind her while trying to wipe her tears away.

"Why does my heart hurt when I think of her Hoya-ssi? What is this feeling supposed to be? I'm so confused........." asked Chorong as she looked at him. Her nose has grown red and her eyes were swollen, it was evident that she had been crying for a long time.

"Chorong-ssi....." said Hoya as he came into a realisation. He knew that Chorong was in love but she is not aware of it because her memories have been altered. She cannot feel what it is like to fall in love.

"Indeed, even when you are reincarnated into a girl, I still can't beat you Changsub-ah" thought Hoya to himself in defeat, knowing that he lost again to the Thunder Fairy. No matter how, love always seems to find its way back. 

"It hurts a lot...what can I do to stop this pain? What do I do Hoya-ssi?" sobbed Chorong as she hit her chest.

"Chorong-ssi. Listen. First, you have to calm down and listen to what I have to say." said Hoya as he held onto her shoulders while looking directly into her eyes. Although his heart skipped a little while making eye contact but he quickly brushed off such feelings and focused on what he wanted to say.

"There is only one way to ease your pain."

"What?"

"You have to meet Bomi again."

"But I can't."

"I'll make it happen. You probably don't realise it Chorong-ssi, but these feelings are remnants of falling in love. You are in love with Bomi."

"Hoya-ssi....."

"I'll find a way to break into the prison. I won't be able to hold on but at least, it'll give you maybe a minute to talk with Bomi. Let's go, Chorong-ssi." said Hoya as he grabbed onto her hand, dragging her along as they proceeded to head for the prison located at the lowest level of the tower.

 

 

~X~

 

 

A nursery rhyme echoed loudly at the empty, hollow prison as Bomi eventually got bored and started to do crazy things to entertain herself. From doing random dances, stretching her body and singing nursery rhymes, the Thunder Fairy did everything she wanted because nobody seemed to care. It was then, she heard the echoing thud of a door opening. In curiousity, Bomi squeezed herself against the bars, trying to see who it was but alas, it was one of the white guards who came to check on her.

"Hey, hey. You. Yeah, I'm talking to you." said Bomi as she just stared blankly at the white guard who stared back.

"When am I getting food? I'm like really hungry right now. You're not supposed to starve your prisoners you know? Do you have like a menu or something? Do I have to pay for the food cause I have no money." said Bomi as she asked a bombard of questions but instead, the white guard turned around and ignored her.

"HEY! DON'T JUST FRIGGIN WALK BACK AND LEAVE ME HERE ALONE! COME BACK!" shouted Bomi as she got aggressive and started banging onto the bars again like a wild monkey, wanting to get out.

It was at that moment in a far distance, Bomi saw the white guard suddenly fainting out of nowhere.

"H-Hey! Are you alright?! Are you alive?! What happened?! You can't die! I need you to bring me food! Hey!" shouted Bomi in concern, hoping nothing happened to the white guard.

"Oh god, you're so noisy Bomi unnie. I swear I could hear you from outside." said a familar voice all of the sudden.

"Wait.....this voice......" said Bomi as she looked around, confused. It was then, there was a bright white light that appeared in front of the bars. Slowly like magic, a figure of a girl glowed brightly as she could slowly see who it was.

"NAMJOO-YA!!!!" shouted Bomi with excitement as she banged the bars even harder, happy and thrilled to see her.

"Quiet unnie! Oh my god, calm down!" said Namjoo as she placed her finger over her lip.

"W-W-What is happening? Where did you go? I really missed you a lot!" said Bomi as she grinned brightly while Namjoo proceeded to unlock the purple-glowing chain from the key obtained by the fainted white guard and let Bomi out of her cell. The moment the door opened, Bomi threw herself to Namjoo with a tight yet warm embrace. It almost caused Namjoo to fall down.

"Unnie. I know you're super duper happy to see me but we don't have much time. We have to go now." said Namjoo in a calm manner.

"What do you mean?" asked Bomi.

"We have to save Eunji and Naeun unnie before they get their memories wiped out. Come on!" said Namjoo as she grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the jail, where she could finally breathe in the fresh air of Heaven.

 

 

 

[END OF CHAPTER 11]

 

 

 

A/N: Chorong who finally realised her feelings for Bomi and Namjoo who has arrived to rescue Bomi? Looks like it's now a race against time! Just who are these goddesses that are here to help them? Do share your thoughts of this chapter! Thank you for reading and I hope it wasn't too confusing to explain the history and all that! Due to personal issues, I won't be able to update regularly but I will try my best to get the next chapter up as soon as I can! Sorry and thank you for understanding :)