Chapter 5

Step-Love

"Lee Taemin!"

"Minho hyung."

Sulli was standing next to Minho. She watched back and forth between her stepbrother and her newly boss confusedly. 

Wait! They knew each other? Like how? Sulli didn't remember Minho's circle of friends were including Taemin. Not that she paid any attention much on him but she kind of meeting some of Minho's friends during these time around and as far as she remembered, none of his friends she ever saw looking like this Lee Taemin. But then again, what a small world they're living in and coincidence revolving around them!

But now it wasn't necessary to find out how the small world is working around them because the importance is, Taemin said that he wants to talk with her and so now he had to make it quick.

"I actually hate to in but you two can save your reunion later over…. well whatever I don't care." Sulli said. "But for now I really don't have much time." She looked at Taemin and faked a bright smile. "Excuse me for a second boss."

Sulli immediately dragged Minho with her towards the door. "Now that you know where I am working and see my boss, you can go now." Sulli said, pushing Minho out of the shop and closed the door. She faked a smile again and waved while mouthing. "See you later."

But Minho didn't move as he just looked at her with that unexplainable look.

Sulli fixed a scowl and mouth again. "Go!" When she saw Minho turned to leave, she quickly retrieved back to Taemin. "So what you want to talk about?"

Taemin crossed his arms and he stared at her skeptically. "Aren't you going to tell me first what kind of relationship you and Minho hyung have?" 

"I'm not going to answer that since it's none of your business." Sulli replied smoothly but tempting to show her annoyance, though she kinda lashed it out already. "Now boss, if you are not going to say what you want to speak to me… then… see you later. I will make it on time on my first day of my job later. Good day boss."

Sulli turned to leave after a quick bow, making Taemin chuckled but he managed to stop her by catching her arm.

"Alright! You don't have to answer me then. I will find it out by myself." Taemin said simply and like he expected, Sulli gave him a roll of her eyes, so he smiled. "Well, to be honest I don't really have thing to talk to you."

"Seriously!" Sulli gave Taemin another annoying look. "Then why did you want me here?"

"You really love to be sarcastic to people, don't you?" Taemin said, smiling. He knew he just annoyed her to the max but he had been having fun watching Sulli being mad. For some reason he found her adorable.

"Wow! Then why do people really love to irritate me huh?" Sulli said. "I hate to disappoint you but I'm not going to entertain you. So bye!"

"Okay I'm just kidding. Actually I do have something to talk to you… Wait no! It's more like I would like to offer you something." Taemin said. He watched Sulli ceasing her brows in doubt and so he continued, "Sulli… would you like to be my girlfriend?"

"What!!"


+  +  +  +


Minho leaned on his motorcycle while staring at the door of the bookstore impatiently. It took more than ten minutes already that Sulli was still inside talking with Lee Taemin (he supposed?) and it was like he has waited for her for forever.

Minho constantly checked his watch. "Tsk! Didn't she say that she will have an early test? What is taking her so long? Aish! That won't do." Minho straightened up and about to retreat to the store when he saw Sulli exit the door.

"Sulli!" Minho called out.

Sulli walked to him. "Why are you still here? I thought you had already left."

"What did Taemin want from you?" Minho asked her a question, not bother answering hers. He watched Sulli ceasing her brows. "You told me that if I want to talk about something I need to make that thing clear right? And now I'm just doing it. What did he talk about?"

"First, I'm not saying anything but I'm just curious why do you want to know about that? And second, as a stepsister do I need to report you everything?" Sulli said but then she waved her hand. "Alright let's not start it."

"Start what? I'm not waiting for you here to pick a fight. I'm just asking simply and you can also answer simply, you know." Minho said and he sighed. "You don't know Taemin but I do very well. And I just want to see if he want something from you."

"I don't have anything to give him okay?" Sulli replied as she scowled at Minho.

Minho frowned. "So I guessed it correctly. He did do something."

Sulli knew Minho won't give up if she didn't end it by herself right now. "Alright! He asked me to be his girlfriend." Said Sulli, as if it was the simplest word ever.

Minho was shocked. "Asked you what?"

"You heard it." Sulli said, slightly annoyed. She will be late for her test if she kept talking to Minho. "I will tell you in detail later okay? But for now I really have to be hurry." She began to walk off Minho before he could even respond.

Sulli saw the greenlight that was about to turn red and she had to cross the road to reach her campus as soon as possible. So without taking time any longer or she might wait for another next green light, she ran for her life. Suddenly Sulli felt someone grab her arm to pull her back to the roadside. She was crashed into him instantly. A hand came to her back to keep their balance.

"Are you out of your mind?!" A voice exploded in anger and it was none other than Minho.

The whole world suddenly seemed to stop working and Sulli found herself couldn't move as she was pressed firm against Minho. Her heartbeat increased its pace in what she knew she had just experienced it earlier from this morning.

Though the world seemed to stop working but her mind and her heart still does as she wonders what was the cause of her heart beat so fast. Was she too scared because of a second ago that she swore she saw a car almost hit her.

"No one tell you to cross the road recklessly dummy." Minho continued to scold her.

For a moment Sulli couldn't breathe but for some reason she felt so safe in Minho's embrace.

Minho noticed Sulli was too silent. He pulled her from him. "Are you okay?"

"Huh?" Sulli stared up at him. Her face looked suddenly confused.

Was she too shocked? Minho thought to himself. Yes she should be, a car sped up too fast and she was almost hit.

"I asked, you don't hurt anywhere, do you?" Minho said gently. He looked all over her in concern and to his relief, she wasn't hurt anywhere, probably she was still too shocked. Yes, he was also scared to death earlier. He couldn't afford to see Sulli get hurt before his eyes.

Geez! This girl really knew how to put him in this kind of situation. No, it's more like in confused emotions. He still felt his heart thumping against his ribcage.

Minho felt he was under a stare. Looking at Sulli's face, he saw her staring at him with a look he couldn't pinpoint. "Why are you looking at me like that?" Minho asked with a slight frown, breaking Sulli's staring spell.

"Like what? I'm not!" Sulli snapped, looking elsewhere quickly. She even took a step away from Minho and pushed his hands away.

"Now you are back to your own self of entitled princess?" Minho asked jokingly. He smiled when Sulli threw him a small glare but then he frowned when she looked away again as if avoiding to look at him. 

What's with this woman?

"So entitled princess, if you don't want to talk right now, I guess we will do it later this evening." Minho said. He chuckled slightly when Sulli rolled her eyes.

"What's with the 'entitled princess'? Don't call me that!" Sulli warned but Minho just shrugged and he suddenly took her hand in his which made Sulli surprised. "Yah! What are you doing?"

"I'm walking you to the campus entitled princess." Minho replied, emphasized the nickname he had just given her. He began to drag her to cross the road even before she could protest.

For that moment Sulli followed Minho's lead and her eyes didn't leave their hands which clamped together. Minho's hand were big and it was so warm that she didn't want him to let go but much to her dissapointment he had to free her hand since they already stood before the gate of her campus.

"See you later entitled princess." Minho said.

Sulli scowled at him before turning to leave.


+  +  +  +


Taemin saw Sulli was in a daze while she absentmindedly cleaned the dust from the bookshelves. Her hand was working but her mind was somewhere else. He smiled when she sighed.

"Hi Sulli ssi?" Taemin said as he came behind her, making Sulli jumped in startle.

"Can't you make a noise or something like that to make people be aware of your presence? Or you might scare them to death." Sulli remarked with a scowl.

"I came for good. It's you that was too in trance and not aware that I was behind you." Taemin said back and he grinned when Sulli ignored him and returned back to work. Taemin picked a book on the shelve and flipped the page randomly. "So what made you have that confused look since the very first minute you came to work?"

"None of your business, boss." Sulli said. 

Taemin couldn't help but smirked. She threw that to him for the second time today. For a christ's sake he was her boss, wasn't an employee supposed to be gentle towards their boss? "Yes right, it's none of my business but I was just asking if the deep frown on your face right now have something to do with my offer this morning."

"Offer?" Sulli said and then she remembered. "Ahh... But I turned your offer down, didn't I? I have no interest going out with you. Dating my own boss! That's so unprofessional. Don't you think so, BOSS?"

"Have you ever dated before?" Taemin asked, not much concern about her word earlier. 

"Nope!"

"So now do you have a boyfriend?"

"No but I have a very protective brother. Friendly warning, you might probably be a dead meat under his hand if he know you try to hit on me." Sulli said.

Taemin laughed. "I don't think Minho hyung would kill me just because I want to date his sister."

Sulli was quite surprise as she turned to face him. "I thought you have no idea about Minho and my relation with him."

"This morning until earlier I surely didn't but I just confirmed it a minute ago. It's impossible to not realize it when I knew his father is remarried. And you, you just told me that you never date or having a boyfriend now. You even said you have a very protective brother, so then I assumed right away that you two were probably stepsiblings, turned out that I'm right." Taemin said with a grin.

Sulli rolled her eyes. "Yeah, you weren't joking to say that you will find it out by yourself. And you did it, I'm amazed boss." She said. "So now if you don't mind, I need to work."

"This is Minho hyung's first work." Taemin said suddenly and it made Sulli frowned. He showed her a novel in his hand. "Have your ever read your brother's work?"

Sulli looked at the book in Taemin's hand. True to be told, she was never interested in what Minho was doing. She only knew much enough that he was a writer who doesn't have much free time and she didn't bother to find out how did he even manage to support himself. In fact, she had no idea that he published his work.

"I supposed you never read one though by the look you give me." Taemin continued. He grabbed her hand and put the book on her palm. "My first gift for you, future girlfriend. Read it. You will like it. He quite has lots of fans admiring his work." And with that he wink before walking away. 

Future girlfriend? What the heck was he talking about? Sulli thought to herself.

She looked at the novel closely. "Winter Wonderland by MHC." Sulli read the cover on the book and she smiled. "Alright I will see what kind of the magic stuff you've put in there."


+  +  +  +


Minho knocked a few times on the door of Sulli's room and no one replied and so he thought that she might probably put on her earpieces. He decided to turn himself in without Sulli's permission. He knew he had to talk with her as soon as possible because since they arrived home and even after they finished their dinner, Sulli was likely avoiding him and he didn't know how he supposed to initiate the talk they had promised to do in the morning when she acted that way.

Upon letting himself in, Minho realized that Sulli wasn't in her room. Was that why she didn't lock the door? But he wondered where she go.

Minho glanced around the room and his eyes spotted something on the table. He looked back on the doorway before allowing himself further in.

He picked up the book on the table and then a chuckle escaped his lips. "I didn't know she read my book." To make himself comfortable, he let himself sat on Sulli's book and flipped on the page to see how far she had been reading it.

 

Sulli closed the front door with a smile on her face. She carried the plastic bag in her hand as she skipped towards her room, on the way her eyes scanned for Minho but he was nowhere in sight so she supposed he must be in his room.

Great! Sulli thought to herself.

She pushed the door of her bedroom open only to be shock when she found Minho was inside, sitting on her bed. The latter at the same time look up at her and she quickly hide the plastic bag behind her back but her eyes only got widened when she saw what Minho was reading.

"Yah! Why do you touch my stuff?" Sulli exclaimed and she quickly approached Minho to snatch the book but unfortunately she failed. 

Minho stood on his feet and raised the book high with his right hand. He grinned at Sulli. "You have been caught."

"Give me back my book!" Sulli ordered and still attempted to take back her book but to no avail. 

Minho didn't give in as his smirk turned wider."Thinking again, could you be one of my fans?"

"No!"

"Yes you are. Because your face right now is so red."

Sulli bit her lip. She wasn't sure if her face was now hot because she was on the brink of losing her temper or because she had been caught.

Minho chuckled and decided to give her back the book as Sulli immediately snatched it with a glare.

"I thought you would never read my work." He said

"I have just started and I don't like it that much. It's too bad that you caught me and that's why you are becoming so full of yourself right now."

Minho laughed. "Why can't I be happy to know people read my piece? And entitled princess, you exaggerated to say that I'm full of myself. I am not."

"Whatever." Sulli said but when she was about to scold him for coming in her room, Minho beat her to talk first.

"Where were you earlier? And what did you buy?" Minho asked as he saw the black plastic bag in her hand.

Sulli hid it immediately and she shook her head. "Nothing. Just some women's stuffs."

Minho didn't believe her. "Really? Let me see then."

Sulli was panick. She stepped backward rashly to get away from his outreached hand but unfortunately she tripped on her own slippers, falling backward. Minho saw that and he immediately caught her by the arm, unfortunately again, he used too much of his strength that the back of his knees hit with the bed, making both fell together on the soft mattress with Sulli on the top of Minho.

Trouble! It was that much Sulli knew herself that she was in trouble. Because here she was, being so intimately close to her stepbrother, so close that if she dared to move recklessly their lips would touch and everything would just end there because she couldn't trust herself to care about anything else in the world around them if she ever tasted those slightly pouty lips. God! She must be going crazy to feel the butterflies in her stomach by imagine kissing her stepbrother.

Minho's eyes grow as big as a tennis ball, staring up at Sulli who had her face was about two centimetres from his. He felt it. He felt his heart beat faster and he could hear his blood pulsing in his veins. With the state they were currently in, he wished that she wouldn't feel any of this. Minho saw Sulli her pink lips and he gulped. Oh this temptress... He had to mentally ask the God to give him mercy at this very moment. No! No possible way that he wanted so badly to kiss his stepsister.

After like forever, Sulli was finally manage to get a grip of herself. She pushed herself up and stood on her feet.

Only that moment Minho also came back to his sense and he cleared his throat to break the awkwardness. "Are you alright?" He asked and Sulli nodded, picking up the book that fell on the floor. His eyes followed her and saw what she had bought earlier. He furrowed his brows. "Beers? You went out to buy them to drink Sulli?"

Sulli closed her eyes. She was caught, again. "Like you see is obvious enough, isn't it?"

Minho sighed. "First of all, you broke the law in this house. Didn't I say already that you aren't allowed to be outside the house later than 7pm? You went out even without telling me. What if something happens to you and I don't konw?"

"I--"

"And second, who allows you to drink? Seriously Sulli, 5 cans of beers you have bought here!"

Sulli straightened up to face Minho. "First, it took me like 5 minutes to buy it, don't be too protective over that. I came back alive and safe. You see? Second, why am I not allowed to drink? I'm not under 20 so I can so much do the adult things legally." She crossed her arms and pointed at herself. "I want to drink so I can drink." She pointed at Minho. "You aren't my mother telling me not to do this and that."

Minho smirked. "Fine! You want to drink right? Then I will accompany you little sis, whether you like it or not." He picked up the plastic bag and opened a can.

"Mwo? Yah that's mine!" Sulli exclaimed when Minho drank it. She sighed, knowing that there was no way stopping him from annoying her so she gave in. She sat herself down on the floor while having her back leaned against her bed. She looked up at Minho. "So oppa, mind you to open me a can? Please..."

Minho almost chuckled as he followed suit by sitting down next to her. "Sure but you are allowed to drink only one can."

Sulli gave him a scowl as she bit her lip and Minho had to look away when she did that. Seriously! She really had no idea what she did to him when she bit her lip like that. At least not now, when his blood was still pulsing as he still wanted to kiss her so bad. 

Minho handed Sulli a beer after he opened it for her. "So now, what should we do? Talking about what you had promised me this morning, shall we?"

Sulli groaned. This wasn't the night she imagined it to be like. For her previous plan, she wanted to drink alone while enjoying reading his book. Of course it was a lie when she told Minho earlier that she didn't enjoy his novel, in fact she did a lot but she would choose to bang her head on the wall rather than admit it to him. 

"So where should we start?"

"How about from the moment you chased me out of the shop and then you two started the talk?"

 

 


To be continued.


Hello guysssss!! You still remember me, right? How have you been? I miss you all soooo much. Finally after vanished for awhile, I came back again. I'm sorry for taking a very long time to be able to update. I really want to just sit down and write for you but it's impossible to do that. First, freetime is required.
Second, I need thousand of ideas to float in my head. And third, mood to write. It's difficult to have all those at once. However I manage to update for all my lovely readers and fellow shippers. Hope you enjoyed this chapter and I apologise for the mistakes and errors. 

Hopefully I can update another chapter by next week or I probably update the other stories of mine.

Until the next chapter. Thank you so much guys. Love you all ❤