Suspicion

The Aftermath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

05: Suspicion

"First of all the money I have right now is all legal. It's my hard earned money from the other world" he started to explain as he laid on his side of the bed looking at the ceiling. "I did not bring any when I first came back here. When I first caught you in the bus stop under the rain"
Yeon Joo laid on her side, her head resting on her hand as she studied Chul's pale features.

"And then I tried to return to the W world" he said that made her froze, alarming her greatly.

"When was that?" she asked sharply.
He does not look at her, he continues to stare blankly at the ceiling.
"Five days after we met, when you were busy with work. I took a chance and tried to go back" he continued and glanced at her.

"Why?" she asked, suddenly feeling selfish. "Without telling me? What--what if you can't come back, Chul?" she searched his eyes for answers.

"To see if I still have the power to do so" he answered without breaking a gaze. Then he hesitated for awhile, he knew that the next thing he would tell Yeon Joo would send her into a fit. But she was right, he cannot keep things from her any longer. Most especially if it concerns the W world.
"And yes I can still go back"

"H-How?" she frowned, looking quite concerned.
"If I will myself to go back, I can...yet" he lowers his gaze and stares at the ring in his finger. "... I barely made it back here"
She gasped and covered .

"It may have been just a few hours here but it took me three days, I got stuck and slightly panicked" he laughed dryly. "So I hanged out with Do Yoon for a bit, prepared things to bring and---"
Yeon Joo lifts her hand and interrupts him. "What are these 'things' ?"

He shrugged his shoulders and pinched her cheek, "why of course the gold bars you wanted"

"Kang Chul!" Yeon Joo yells, her voice echoes across the small room they share.
"Things I deem important, I know I may sound materialistic but I cannot fathom the idea of relying on you too much, well on money matters that is" he said seriously. Yeon Joo let's out a loud sigh and lies down on her back this time their shoulders and arms touching.

"Look it was just a sort of experiement, if I could bring my money from the other world to here. So I placed it all in a backpack, but then how I came back was the most unexpected thing of all" he laughed briefly.

"I fell asleep back in the other world then when I woke up I was in this world. Thought it was sort of a dream, but it wasn't since I had the back pack with the money with me. I actually woke up in your hospital, in one of the empty rooms. You can ask Suk-bum, he saw me come out from the room"
"And where was I?" she asked in a different tone.
"You had to assist in a long surgery" then he paused briefly, "we actually did not meet that day since your shift ended around midnight"
Yes, she remembered that. They had spoken briefly in the phone and Yeon Joo could noticed how odd his words were in the other line. He kept asking if she was really Oh Yeon Joo and that he was not dreaming about it.
But nontheless, it alarmed her that he tried to go back to the W world. With ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter