Secrets

The Aftermath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

04: Secrets
 

It was Chul who took over when he noticed that Yeon Joo had grown quiet again, she was again drowning in her thoughts. He resisted the urged to kiss her forehead, to reassure her that everything is fine. Instead he smiled carefully at her mother and aunt who was sitting across them, with eager expressions in their faces.

"Oh Seong Moo has decided to go somewhere to retire after a long and stressful time he had as a webtoon artist" Chul explained attentively. "He really did not say where to but..." he took out the photo Seong Moo, it was a copy of the original he had gave Yeon Joo in the hospital several weeks back. "He must be doing fine"

Yeon Joo's mother took the picture and stared at it with a sigh.

"He never really changed didn't he?" her mother said quietly, she looked rather forlorn. 
Yeon Joo glances at Chul shortly then back at her. "Maybe in the end he did omma" she replied, trying to sound strong. 

Everyone was silent for minute, when Chul cleared his throat and smiles at everyone.
"So what date will be the best time to have a wedding ceremony?"

xx-xx

"I've decided to finish all these wedding business before I start working" Chul told her when they were alone in his car. Her mother and aunt had gone home in her car and Chul was turning towards the corner of her father's house. 
"Huh?" she looks out as he parks. "Why are we here?"

Chul does not answer and just walks out to open the door in her side. Instead of answering he takes her hand and pulls her out of the car. She hesitates but follows him from behind. Suddenly he stops walking, his shoudlers tensed. 

"Chul-ah?" she walks to his side and follows his gaze.

"Park Soo Bong" Chul replied in surprise. "What are you doing here in this hour?" 
Soo Bong looks at them with a dreadful look in his face that was beginning to scare Yeon Joo. 

She tries to let go of Chul's hand but he holds on into it firmly.

"We need to talk" he said in his quiet shaky voice.
Chul nodded quickly and they all gathered inside, Yeon Joo offered him a glass of water and sat beside Chul. 

"What happened? Are the variables acting up again? Is anyone from the W world here?" Chul talked so fast that Soo Bong almost choked in the water he was drinking.
"It.. it's not that!" he cut him off suddenly, the wiped the water from the corner of his mouth and looks at both of them.

"This is how you greet me after I just suddenly knew you are here in the real world" he made a face.
Chul took a deep breath and composed himself. "All right, what's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter