一 || one

Fade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

— the second shade 
midnight blue
—❀—
21st February, 2015

I was slightly enchanted by the sudden appearance of the male who I presumed to be either my new neighbour or simply a person who was visiting. Assuming this was my new neighbour, he had made quite the first impression.

Barging in abruptly and breaking down my door.

As time passed, I cracked a sheepish smile and scratched my cheek. "I'm sorry but I wasn't actually going to jump."

It was understandable; anyone would've assumed the same.

In that moment his cheek reddened upon hearing my words. It took him a short moment of time to comprehend what I said.

His immediate reaction, after grasping onto my words and processing my words, was priceless — he stiffened up completely and even tilted his head slightly to the side before his porcelain skin had red hues seeping into his pale white complexion. In a near instant, he bowed to me several times. "I'm sorry about your door! I was just entering the building and I saw that you were slightly lifted from the ground. It looked like you were going to jump so I just assumed -"

The mysterious male cut himself off and covered his face with his hands before letting out a breathy sigh. "I can pay for the damages done to your door." He assured, muffling his deep voice.

Despite it being his fault, I was contemplating on accepting his offer to fix the damages done. Simultaneously, I shuffled off of the balcony and walked closer to him while maintaining a good distance between us. A small smile curved on my lips as I found the way he was embarrassed rather cute.

Actually the male was extremely handsomer then I thought. His features resembled somewhat a fox and his build was just an extra — thin but not bony and quite tall.

"Thank you, I appreciate it..." I trailed off, not knowing the male's name.

Faintly, the scent of his minty cologne filled my nose as I bathed in the refreshing scent. The situation we were in was rather humorous in my opinion, surely an unforgettable moment that I would one day reminisce.

"Ah." The latter bowed voluntarily, "I'm Jeon Wonwoo your new neighbour across. I'm currently a second year at Seoul National university student but I swear I will fix your door! So please don't be mad." He clapped his hands together and squeezed his eyes shut as he slightly leaned over to bow for me. I didn't notice it before but he was clad in an oversized dark blue sweater, the sleeves of his sweater reached to the palm of his hands.

I giggled at his introduction. Clutching onto the hem of my shirt, I watched as his eyes flicked up at me before flickering towards the open balcony, cautiously.

"It's alright Wonwoo-ssi, I can call the supervisor up to fix the door. It would be easier for both of us — you won't need to pay and I can get it fixed by the end if the night.  "

He exhaled a large breath with relief. Wonwoo rubbed the back of his neck before running his fingers through his sleek soft locks. Pushing his hair back, he glanced around my apartment — spacious, almost like no one was living here, everyone thought the same; not a single piece of decor just living essentials and a television.

Standing up the entire time seemed so uncomfortable so I invited him to sit down and drink some tea. As I brewed the tea, Wonwoo bore a gaze into my back as he stared blankly at me, almost intimidatingly.

"I'm sorry but I didn't catch your name earlier." He finally spoke. I smiled sheepishly at him and gave him a side glance before muttering out my name.

"I don't really like my name." I admitted, truthly, taking the pot off of the stove.

Wonwoo reverted to his neutral face before softening his facial features. He rested his head on the palm of his hand while staring straight at me while I poured the tea into pastel pigmented mugs. "I think you have a very pretty name." He complimented, bringing his sleeve up closer to cover his palms again.

Bewilderingly enough, there was no tension floating in the air. It was odd having another presence in my apartment, it was always just me.

I giggled and handed him the cup of tea. "So to fully introduce myself, I'm a second year in School of Performing Arts. My mother and I live together but she's usually at work." I said, scratching my cheek after mentioning my mother. I took a sip of the hot tea and felt as the hot liquid dipped down my throat.

Propping my elbows on the table, I thought back to how stiff he was when he first came in. Beads of sweat was formed on his forehead and his nose crinkled as he knocked down the door. Now he seemed rather quiet and polite, the palms of his hand still covered by the soft material of the sweater he wore.

Although I enjoyed the time alone by myself, I also appreciated the company of another person. Usually the only times I was surrounded by another person was at school.

Being around another was somehow more interesting, even while doing boring chores.

"I attended SOPA as well. Isn't that such a coincidence Sunshine?" I furrowed my eyebrows right as the word 'Sunshine' slipped pass his lips.

Without giving another thought I gave him an odd look. "Sunshine?"

The lights above us flickered, I instinctively looked over to the clock and saw how late it was getting. There was still school tomorrow and a bit early I may add. Wonwoo looked over at the clock as well, following my gaze.

Moving his tousled fringe to the side. The balcony door was still slightly opened, soft violin still played in the background.

The wind was screaming in the night, with one strong blow it seemed like any building would collapse. Everything was moving in the wind — leaves, the trees, the clothes drying next door — but one thing stayed still: the stars.

He coughed and drank all his tea in one swig before picking himself off of the chair. "Since you said you don't like your name, I thought Sunshine would be a perfect nickname since you always seem to be smiling. Unless you don't like it?" He placed the empty cup on the table, watching my facial expression for any reluctancy to the new nickname he had made.

Noticing that he seemed skeptical of the smile on my fac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter