Chapter 3

The Girl of Two Worlds

He did it. 

He found her. Through the glass window of a cafe stood a girl dressed in a simple t-shirt and a pair of jean, a green apron wrapped around her waist. Her black hair was pulled back into a ponytail but some strands managed to get loose, framing her face perfectly. BamBam watched as she bended down and gently a dog's head. He could see the love and adoration in her eyes and with how kind she looked, it would be a lie to say that his hope didn't go up. She was his last resort, the only one who could bring his bestfriend back and help him fix his mistakes. He knew that she was the one for sure. She reeked of a wolf's scent and if it wasn't her own then it was definitely her Protector. BamBam wanted to barged right in and beg her for help but something was holding him back. It was his conscience and it told him that the wolf inside that cafe, not the girl but the Protector was something---someone, he couldn't handle alone. BamBam didn't need to meet the Protector to know that he was strong and capable of things that he weren't. Then again, wolves that become Protectors were chosen by the Royal family so, naturally they would have to undergo some serious training. 

He was lost. He didn't know what to do. Being well awared that just standing outside and watching her was creepy, BamBam heaved a sigh. He wondered how the girl was. Does she know what she is? Does she know what she's capable of? Being raised in the human world, how was she able to keep her wolf hidden so well? Ahyeon did mention she was of Royal Blood and without proper training, royalties tend to lash out often. Wait--Of course she would've already undergone training. Heck, she has a well-trained Protector by her side. Why wouldn't she have recieved proper training?

Shaking his head, BamBam muttered to himself, "Stupid. Think clearly for once." 

With that said, he his heels and started to walk away, trying to think of what to do next. 

---

Jooyeon raised an eyebrow questioningly. She stared at the boy in front of the cafe who had already began to walk away. Why was he just standing there earlier? Shaking it off, she made her way to one of the dirty tables and started to clean up. 

"Who was in here just now?" a voice called out. 

Jooyeon turned her head and saw Jinyoung frowning deeply at the entrace of the cafe. She blinked at him oddly before slowly turning back to the table. 

"...Nobody? The cafe's been quiet since noon." she replied back. 

"Oh." 

That was the only reply she got and then Jinyoung was gone. During the pass few days, her cousin has been acting weird and it truly concerned her. However, everytime she asked if everything was okay, he would brush her off, obviously distracted by something. She didn't want to pry but if this keeps going on, she was going to get the answer out of him, one way or another. 

The day passed by quickly with customers popping in and out but never staying long. Before they knew it, it was already closing time. Sighing, Jooyeon placed the last tray of dirty cups into the dish washer and pressed the start button as soon as its door was shut tightly. The machine started with a hum and Jooyeon leaned herself against the edge of a nearby counter. Rubbing the back of her neck, she tossed her head from side to side. Though it was a slow day, Jooyeon was more tired than usual. She could see the almost full moon from the window that was in the kitchen. It was beautiful. No clouds were in the way, just the big bright yellow moon in the far distance. She didn't know what it was but there was just something about the moon that deeply lured her in. Everytime she catches her looking at it, a blanket of warmth seem to have consumed her entire body. Like she was being hugged by someone. It calms her but at the same time, something strange inside of her seems to be bubbling. As if it was begging to be released, almost as though it has been caged in for a very long time already. 

While she was lost in her own world, Jinyoung has stepped into the kitchen. He didn't approach her but watched as she dazedly stare out the window. It wasn't his first time catching her staring at the moon. It was a habit of hers, one she's been doing even before they met. While most werewolves glare and show hatred towards the moon, Jooyeon finds comfort in it. She was special, different but still very much special. Werewolves were intolerable to full moons. Their emotions go haywire and their wolves take control. They get more aggressive, hot-tempered and in general, just buzzing with a little too much extra energy. Only few were able to control themselves but most still struggle to keep their wolf in. Even with strict training, Jinyoung still managed to slip up. He has caught himself snapping at Jooyeon from time to time and no, it wasn't those in the spur of moment kind of snapping. It was the kind that instantly bring tears into Jooyeon's eyes and has her sniffling with his harsh words. Jinyoung was strict, Jooyeon rememebred very clearly when she was younger but, he was even more harsh when it was a full moon. It didn't happen often but when it does, Jooyeon wished that she hadn't provoked him. As time passed, he was able to be more in control and the snapping died down to the point where that part of him didn't exist anymore.

"Joo," he called out softly. 

No reply. The said girl continued to stare at the object outside in the sky. Jinyoung's eyes flickered in surprise when suddenly her eyes flashed a color of ice blue. He instantly tensed up, eyeing the girl in front of him with wide eyes. 

What just happened? 

Never once did Jooyeon show any sign of a werewolf ever since they stepped foot into the human world. Long ago, her mother has put that side of her to sleep so why was it waking up now? It wasn't supposed to be woken up. What could possibly have activated it? Walking over to her, Jinyoung reached out and gently touched her arm. Flinching back to reality, Jooyeon stared at him, her eyes the size of a saucer. She blinked at him slowly as if she was trying to register the situation. 

"Are you okay?" he whispered, concern written all over his face. 

Jooyeon nodded, "Yeah. I guess. Is it just me or is it getting hot in here?" 

Jinyoung dropped his hand and watched her. She was acting weird. Beads of sweat were forming on her forehead and Jinyoung could tell that she was starting to feel uncomfrotable in her own skin. Earlier, she had complained to him that her shoulders have been hurting and that her muscles were too tensed. Maybe it's because the full moon was in a couple of days but never once has Jooyeon shown these kind of actions before. Was her wolf really being awaken? Did the seal wear off? It shouldn't have. It wasn't possible.

Was it?

---

Yawn after yawn, Jooyeon couldn't shake her tiredness off of her. Stretching her arms up, she tried to relieve her shoulders of some stress but her effort seems to have ended in a failure. She ran a hand down her face and gave a long sigh. Today was going to be a long day, she knew it. Looking around the almost empty dog cafe, she chewed on her bottom lip. Ever since a couple of days ago, business hasn't gone so well like she had hoped. Were the drinks too pricey? She glanced up at the menu above her head and frowned. The price was just higher than a regular cafe but it was still affordable. Scratching her head, she tried to think of ways to get more customers. Maybe advertisements? Handing out flyers around the crowded areas maybe? What about---

"Jooyeonnie," 

With the sound of her name, she came back to reality and stared at the older boy in front of her. His black hair was messily styled and Jooyeon wondered if he intended it to be that way or was today just not his day to be out of the house. Jinyoung stiffled a yawn and that seem to answered Jooyeon's question. Yeap, definitely not his day today. 

"Are you going to be alright down here? I seriously need---"

"A nap," Jooyeon smiled at him teasingly, "I know. Go on. I'll be alright." 

Jinyoung blinked at her before flashing her one of his famous smile. Reaching over to pat her head, he promised to be back in 30 minutes. Shooing him off, Jooyeon watched as her cousin groggily disappeared into the back room. She leaned back into her chair and turned her head towards the cafe's entrace. Her eyebrows instantly pinched together when she noticed a boy with a pale colored hair standing in front. It was the same boy who has been coming around here for a few days already but never stepping inside to buy anything. She tilted her head to the side and watched as he looked inside. It was like he was searching for something. Suddenly, his head turned towards her direction and their eyes locked. Jooyeon blinked at him while his eye rounded. Quickly, he spun around and seem to stumble to get away even though she was just sitting down.

Oh, he ran away.

She quickly straightened up and rushed towards the entrace. Pushing the door open, she stepped out to search for which way he had disappeared to. Her eyes caught sight of a paled colored head of hair and she didn't waste to run after it. Why did he keep showing up in front of the cafe? She wanted to ask him. Was he looking for someone? Does he need help? She pushed passed people, apologizing as her shoulders bumped into some of them. When she came to a stop, she had realized that she had ran into a more secluded area of the neighbourhood. Looking around, she couldn't find the boy anywhere. Scratching her head, she was about to turn back when suddenly a loud clank was heard deep within the alley. She stared at the direction the sound came from, hesitating on her next action. her hands, she made up her mind. The kid could have hurt himself somehow and to just leave him in an alleyway like this, that was just not humane. With a deep breath, she stepped inside the alley and made her way through it. Taking note of how eerie her surrounding was, a shiver ran down her spine and her heart started to pound against her rib cage. 

"Hello?" she called out. "I know you're in here. Please come out, I'm not going to hurt you or anything." 

She was greeted with silence then followed by a chilly breeze that pierced at her skin through her thin clothing. Suddenly, she regretted stepping into this alleyway. This wasn't a good chioce in the first place and she really did need to stop acting on her impulse. Turning her back, she realized she had came pretty far into the alleyway.  Taking another breath, she called out again, just one last time to be sure.

"I--I--I just wanted to make sure if you're okay...You did keep showing up in front of the cafe. " she spoke meekly.

This time, it wasn't silent that greeted her. It was a low growl that instantly made Jooyeon freeze in her spot. Her heart skipped a beat then sank straight to her feet. Her hands started to shake and before she could scream at herself to run, her curiousity got the best of her. Turning around slowly, she almost let out a scream at the sight before her eyes. A wolf twice her side stood a few feet away from her, eyes watching her every move. Its golden yellow eyes flashed as Jooyeon let out a small whimper. The wolf lowered its head slightly at the sound of her voice, looking as though it was ready to pounce at her. It took a step forward and instinctively, Jooyeon stepped back. It gave another growl as if warning her to not move. Jooyeon let out a shaky breath and tried to remain calm. Her eyes darted around her surrounding, searching for anything to use as a weapon. It wasn't long until her eyes landed on a rock not far from her right foot. So painfully slow, she reached down with her eyes still locked with golden pair. Right when her fingertips came in contact with the rough surface did she regain her speed. Her fingers wrapped around the rock and she whipped it at the wolf with all her might before breaking into a run. She heard the wolf yelped but Jooyeon didn't turn back. She ran straight to where she came in from and prayed that her gym class running record would pay off. 

One name. Only one name went through her head as she ran for her life. 

Jinyoung. Jinyoung oppa. Park Jinyoung! 

Before she even got near to the mouth of the alleyway, a wolf lunged out, blocking her way. A scream escaped as she stumbled back in surprise, tripping over her own feet in the process. She fell straight onto her and scrambled to get away when the wolf covered in mostly white and some grey stalked towards her. It bared its teeth at her, a deep growl erupting from its chest,looking ready tear her into pieces. Fear expressed itself in the form of hot tears in her eyes and her breathing came out in short and shaky breath. She was scared and she saw absolutely no way out of this situation. She felt helpless, a feeling she's always hated since young. Trembling, she stared at the wolf in front of her and waited anxiously on its next move. Its midnight blue eyes narrowed dangerously and an almost inaudible snarl erupted again from its chest. Jooyeon saw its jaw opened and instantly her eyes squeezed shut, bracing herself for the impact of a bite. The snarl got louder but before the wolf's teeth could sink itself into Jooyeon's skin, a voice shouted out quickly.

"Hyung, no!!"

​Jooyeon hadn't realized when her arm had flown up to shield her body but when she opened her eyes, she lwoered them down to take a good look at her saviour. It was the boy she had followed into this alleyway. On his forehead was a tiny trail of blood and he seems to be wincing in pain from it. Jooyeon stared at him. She was right. He did get hurt. The wolf that stood in front of her snapped its head towards the boy and growled as if communicating with him.

​"I'm okay. It's just a little cut. I'll heal." the boy reassured, taking a step towards the wolf.

​Jooyeon's eyes rounded, "No! He'll hurt you!"

​The wolf instantly whipped its head back to her and snarled. Jooyeon pressed herself into the wall behind her, her breathing hitching in . The boy gave a chuckle, shaking his head a little bit.

​"Jackson hyung, you can shift back now. I think you scared her enough." the boy said as he walked over to Jooyeon, a small smile on his lips. 

​He passed by the wolf easily and grabbed her arm to help her up. Jooyeon stared at him in disbelief. What was going on? Was he some kind of a wolf whisperer? Jooyeon stared at the wolf as it took a few steps back and right before her eyes, it shifted into what looked like a human male. Her jaw dropped and then she heard a soft chuckle. A finger lifted her jaw back into its place and she turned to the boy beside her.

​"Wha...What...How did---He just---What?" she breathed, refusing what she just witnessed.

​The young male that a few second ago was just a wolf twice her size walked up to her. He was very well shirtless but somehow, magically, his pants were still on. The boy beside her tossed him his hoodie and quickly, the wolf boy zipped up. After shoving his hands into the hoodie's pockets, he lifted his gaze to meet hers.

"So, this is her?" he voiced.

​Jooyeon blinked, "Excuse me?"

"Yea, she's---"

​"JOOOYEON!" a voice boomed from the mouth of the alley, causing all heads to turn towards it.

​Relief flooded over her as soon as she saw a familiar face. She didn't waste a minute to run up to Jinyoung. He quickly caught her in his arms and helf her tight. His eyes fluttered shut and he let out a relief breath.

"You're okay..." he murmured into her hair.

​Jooyeon clutched onto the fabric of his shirt and tried not to tremble in his embrace. It was in that moment that reality smacked her right in the face. She had been--still is terrified of what just had occured. She could've died. Just a few minute ago, she was threatened by a creature that was a wolf but turned out to be a human-being. Everything was foreign and she didn't like it. Not when she was the only one to have witnessed it. If she told Jinyoung, he would probabbly think she was crazy.

"So there's her Protector." a voice spoke up, ruining their little reunion.

She felt Jinyoung's arms tightened around her before she was gently pushed behind his back.

​"You have no business here." Jinyoung said, venom visible in his tone.

​" job for a Protector, really." wolf boy taunted, "If I worked for the Council, she would've been long dead."

​Jinyoung narrowed his eyes, angered by both the words and the truth. The other male was right. It took him way too long to get to Jooyeon. Maybe it was the scent of two other wolves that blinded his senses from picking up hers but that was no excuse. It was his job to protect her and they were both lucky that these two new werewolves were not part of the Council.

"Oppa, what is he talking about?" he heard her whispered from behind.

​"Oh~ She doesn't know."

​There it was again. Another taunting comment. Jinyoung twitched, trying to control his urge to shift and rip the other male apart. The younger boy of the two new werewolves swallowed thickly. He didn't want to start a fight, definitely not when he needed something from the last Royal Blood. However, if her Protector was to lung out for his pack mate then there was not choice. That was where his loyalty lied, with his pack. His pack comes first, nobody else. He chewed his bottom lip nervously, eyes shifting between the two older males.

​"Leave Seoul. You'll attract other were-creatures if you stay any longer." Jinyoung spat out lastly before he turned his back.

​His grabbed Jooyeon's hand and dragged her along. However, a hand shot out and grabbed hold of Jooyeon's free one. She looked back and saw the young boy staring at her helplessly.

​"Wait, please." he begged.

​Jooyeon stared back at him, confused. She didn't need to turn around to see Jinyoung glaring daggers at the boy who has his hand wrapped tightly around her wrist.

​"Let go." Jinyoung growled.

​Jooyeon could've sworn she heard an animalistic sound rumbling from his throat.

"Please," the boy begged again.

​Jooyeon shook free from Jinyoung's grip and turned to face the boy properly. He looked like a broken child begging for even just the tiniest bit of affection in her eyes. She watched as he straightened up and let go of her wrist before finally meeting her gaze. He took a deep shaky breath and asked,

​"Do you know who you really are?"

 

​Hi yall. I know this took foorrreevvvveerrrrr to upload but yeah, lowkey lost interest in this chapter after a while but I came back. I got inspiration again. yayy. however i feel like this chap is a lil weak. but that's okay. I'll do better on the next one. itll be more emotional and fun. yayyyyyy. okay anyways. i hope you enjoy this chapter. leave comments and subscribe if you like!!! :3