Is She Dead?

Never Had A Love Like This

 

"Yah!! Hyung what are you doing??" Kyu Jong waved his arms like crazy.

 

"Is she dead?" Hyung joon asked.

 

"Shhh...I think she's just asleep" HyunJoong hoped to calm the two frightened boys.

 

"Asleep hyung?!! You almost suffocated her HyunJoong!!"

 

"Oh be quiet Kyu Jong! I didn't want her to be killed by Jung min! You guys know how he smacks people when they try to wake him up. Now that I remembered that I did attack her in my sleep before...It's the least I can do...”

 

Kyu Jong and Hyung Joon rolled their eyes and sighed. It worried them that you weren't waking up.

 

Youngsaengie walked into the living room and saw the three boys all over you. "What the hell happened? Did you guys kill her?"

 

 HyunJoong stood up annoyed, "No, I didn't kill her. As you can see, she's still breathing! Where were you before anyways?"

 

"Me? Oh just sleeping..."

 

 

You rolled over to your side with a smile.

You were dreaming....

You were running through the fields and someone was holding hands with you. The person was wearing a hood and you couldn't see his face. As you skipped around, the both of you were laughing. Then, another hand tugged at you, pulling you away from the other guy. Suddenly, you stumbled and fell to the floor. When you looked up, there was no one, no one but yourself.

 

 

 "Is she ok? Why is she smiling? I think you made her crazy HyunJoong!!"

 

"Shush Kyu Jong!! She's dreaming. You're the one that's crazy."

 

"Oh! She's waking up now!" Hyung Joon jumped in the air.

 

Your eyes slowly opened and you saw three guys surrounding you. How odd. Why were there men around you?!

 

*I must be dreaming. This isn't real. I'm going to close my eyes and open them at the count of three. One...two...three*

 

They were still there...

 

*Ohhh...now I remember. They're living with me now.*

 

You jumped up quickly. The guys flinched and asked you if you were ok.

 

"What...happened? I remember someone putting their hand over my face and darkness..."

 

The three boys laughed nervously.

 

Hyung Joon stood up and smiled. "Umm...well I'm going to check on JungMin now."

 

Kyu Jong also left and his excuse was to go out for a jog.

 

Only HyunJoong and you were in the living room. He rubbed the back of his head and looked away from your gaze. He seemed to be thinking about something. His brows furrowed as he opened his mouth.

"It was me. I was the one who covered your face, but I assure you that it was all for good. I saw you about to wake JungMin and didn't want you to get even more hurt after what happened with me...."

 

HyunJoong made a cute puppy face as he stared deep into your eyes.

 

"It's alright..."

 

You stood up and extended your hand to him. He smiled and reached out his hand as well.

 

Out of nowhere, JungMin ran up to both of you and yelled with a grin, "What's for breakfast??"

 

You smacked your forehead with your hand and replied. "Damn. I forgot to make it. What do you guys want?"

 

"Wait! We need to get Youngsaengie too!" JungMin ran to look for him while the others thought of what they wanted to eat.

 

"Pancakes!" Hyung Joon smiled and clapped his hands together.

 

"No Hyung Joon! I say we eat kimchi."

 

"Anyo, KyuJong! Let's have some ramen noodles! I am starving." HyunJoong pouted.

 

"Well I don't know about you guys, but I'm in the mood for some carrots. So how about carrot cake?" JungMin grinned at his suggestion.

 

"JungMin! You're ALWAYS in the mood for carrots!!" The other boys yelled together at the same time.

 

"Oh jeez. It's just food and besides, I don't know if you noticed, but I'm also hungry!" You folded your arms and frowned.

 

Youngsaengie then spoke, “She’s right. Let’s just eat.”

 

*Maybe he knows...that I have his iPod. No way…he would have already made me give it back to him by now.*

 

"What are you thinking about?" KyuJong asked.

 

"Huh? Oh nothing." You tried to fake a smile and left to the bathroom. Once there, you washed your hands and tied your hair in a bun.

 

 

 

"Youngsaengie, what's with you?"

 

 

"Nothing. So what are we eating Hyung Joon?"

 

"I have no clue. All I know is that I want pancakes."

 

You walked into the kitchen and prepared some fruits and vegetables. Though you still weren't sure of what you were going to make, you searched the refrigerator for anything that could help you decide.

 

"So...chef, what's on the menu?"

 

You turned around to face HyunJoong. When were you going to get used to the fact that five strikingly beautiful men were living with you? And that one of them had the strangest mood-swings ever. 

 

"Care to help? I'm still not sure of what I'm going to make. Pancakes sound easy, but I don't think that will fill anyone up."

 

"If I help, what will I get in exchange?"

 

"What would you like?"

 

"A kiss."

 

 You spun around as your cheeks turned bright red. Did you hear right? At first, he seemed dead serious as he stared at you for a great while. But then, his mouth opened and with it, laughter burst out.

 

"I was just playing. You should have seen your face! Mianhae. I guess I should really help you now."

 

You shrugged it off and went back to concentrating on what you were going to prepare. In the end you decided to make pancakes for Hyung Joon, ramen for HyunJoong, Miso soup for JungMin with a boiled carrot dipped in it, rice for Youngsaengie, and cereal for KyuJong.

 

The five sat at the table and waited for you, but you said, "Oh don't worry about me...I have to go somewhere. I can trust you guys with the house right?"

 

"But...what about you?"

 

"I'll be back for lunchtime, don't fret. Could you wash the dishes while I'm gone too?”

 

The boys sighed but agreed. You went to your room, selected an outfit, took a quick shower, and got dressed. You didn't use makeup like other women would since it was bothersome to be spreading it all on your face only to take it all off before bedtime. Makeup was for people who were insecure of themselves. Yeah, you knew that you weren’t a pretty girl, at least you thought so. Guys had always tried to start something with you, but then you would make them back off. In your mind, you thought that it was all because they felt bad for you and not because you were actually beautiful. Your school friends had always told you of their envy of your beauty, but you thought they were playing around. Besides, you didn’t want love in your life; it was a waste of time. Trying to smile, you left the house and said goodbye to the boys.

 

"Whoa." HyunJoong’s mouth fell.

 

"Did you see that?" Jungmin made an o with his mouth.

 

"She's really pretty..." KyuJong’s cheeks flushed.

 

You were walking down the streets, not caring of where you were heading. If you had only looked up once, you might have noticed that the farther you went, the worse the streets got. Rats were crawling past you, a robber was running away, and the smell of the air was unbearable. Noticing the stench, you pinched your nose and kept walking. This was your first time wandering around. It was very dangerous and you knew it, but you needed to think. Ever since the boys had crashed your house, you had jammed in all your sadness from your childhood and tears started to fall from your eyes. You couldn’t explain this feeling or why you wanted to cry at all.

 

“Aishh…what am I doing here?”

 

Dead end. The only way through was an alley. *I have nothing to lose. Nothing will happen. Besides, I can always run away and I also have my cell phone. I also think I remember some karate moves from when I was six. But I did drop that class...*

 

Taking a deep breath, you walked through. Nothing was happening. You were fine.

 

*Ha! All that talk of walking alone in alleys is bull---*

 

 

 

 

, you fell to the ground. Why did your head hurt? The last thing you saw was a man running towards you, a familiar one. Your eyes shut as you fell to the floor. You tried to open your eyes, wanting to see what had happened, why your head hurt, and who the man that saved you was.

 

“____! Kwenchana, Are you ok? Answer me!!” Someone shook your arms like as if it were the end of the world.

 

That voice…you knew it from somewhere. It was one of them--one of the boys who were staying at your house. Why was he here? How had he managed to find you? You opened your eyes and croaked, “You…Youngsaengie?”

 

“Pabo. What are you doing in such a place like this?”

 

 You couldn’t speak and instead, tears crashed down as you sobbed furiously. Youngsaengie said nothing as he hugged you. Your eyes shut once more, but this time there was no voice, no shaking, nothing to wake you up.