Chapter 4

One More Beat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

In the morning, Shin Hye was at the kitchen preparing for breakfast. Rae Won just finished dressing himself as usual with formal suits for work. They quietly were having breakfast together. Rae Won looked so serious even when he was eating breakfast, whereas Shin Hye was also quite before something about her father’s call yesterday came cross inside her mind. Shin Hye wanted to tell her husband about her father’s dinner invitation. She looked at Rae Won then halted her spoon in the air after taking a quick sip of soup to .
“Oppa…. Appa asks us to have dinner with him tonight”. Shin Hye looked at Rae Won and took a deep breath showing her concern. What if Rae Won said no to her, what if he said he couldn’t, because the last time her father asked them to have dinner, Rae Won didn’t come. He chased after a fugitive in neighbour province. She might understand it once because it was his duty as prosecutor. She really respected his job and gave him full support. But this time she really wanted them to visit her father together. It had been a long since they visited him, and this time Shin Hye knew, this week was her mother’s death anniversary. Could she understand it again without doubting, without asking him to spend his time more with family?
“Really? We must come then”. He looked at Shin Hye then continued to eat.
“Yes”. Shin Hye just smiled, she was glad Rae Won would come tonight with her.
“Do you want to go together? I’ll pick you up or you can pick me up”, Shin Hye asked.
“Well.. I need to something before I go to Abeonim’s house”, Rae Won answered her as he kept putting food into his mouth.
“Arasseo… we better go by ourselves then”, she said.
“How’s hospital?”, he asked all of sudden. Rae Won’s question made Shin Hye happy mean he did care to her.
“It’s good. I’m still busy but not that much comparing with my intern years”, she said.
“Hmm.… it’s good then”, he said with his deep tone then smiled a bit.
Shin Hye wanted to have long conversation like this with her husband, since it had been a week they saw each other. “How about Oppa? How’s work?”, she asked to Rae Won.
“It’s still the same. I have big case this time”, he answered calmly.
Shin Hye’s eyes wavered, hearing that Rae Won had big case he must take in charge, growing her concern more. “That’s why you didn’t go home? You must be tired”.
Rae Won finished his breakfast and cleaned his mouth using cloth. He then stood up without answering her more. “I’ll leave”, Rae Won said while reaching Shin Hye’s face to kiss her forehead.
“Eo..Safe drive Oppa”. Shin Hye kept looking at Rae Won’s back until it was out of her sight.


At Forensic Laboratory ..
Rae Won came to hospital in order to see Sul Moo Young’s corpse and further information regarding his laboratory result to forensic doctor in charge. The guard of the mortuary pulled the corpse out and unveiled his face. Rae Won looked at it briefly before he asked to the doctor who took in charge in examining Sul Moo Young’s corpse.
“Is it poisoning?”, Rae Won asked.
“Yes. The concentration of diazinon we had found was higher than lethal dose. We had conducted external examination but we found nothing. We didn’t find any tr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter