Chapter 1

One More Beat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The clock showed  7 o’clock in the morning. The sunlight slowly started to enter the room. Kim Rae Won laid down on the bed topless and blanket covered his lower body. Shin Hye was in her bathrobe picking their clothes up. Their clothes was scattered around the bed and the floor.  She went outside the room while carrying their laundry.

Rae Won slowly opened his eyes and brushed them with his finger. He was yawning, while he saw Park Shin Hye had already put make up on her flawless face in front of mirror.

“You’re up?”, Rae Won asked. He put the blanket aside and wanted to leave the bed. He only wear short pants and went straight to bathroom.

“Yes!”. Shin Hye was still busy wore earring. “Oppa, I’ve already prepare breakfast for you”. She walked into bathroom and opened the door. “I will leave first. Take care!”. Rae Won was just mumbling because he was still brushing his teeth. “Ooo..”.

It’s been five years since Kim Rae Won and Park Shin Hye became married couple. They lived at 5th floor of apartment in the middle city of Seoul. Their apartment had Han River view in the east side. The place that they called home. They’ve been living there since they officially married. Rae Won was a prosecutor in Seoul Supreme Prosecutor’s Office. It was his fourth year working there.  He’s known as great prosecutor among his colleague. He had sharp eyes and good analyze in every case he was in charge of. No need a long time before he was promoted there. Whereas Shin Hye, she was a neurosurgeon in Gookil University Hospital. Shin Hye was also known for having delicate hand as neurosurgeon among her peer. They were both super busy with their own job. Shin Hye would come home once per week when she was still in her internship. Same condition also applied to Rae Won. Sometimes he must stay over at his office because load of works he must to do. It was indeed difficult marriage life for them because they were so into their work and unconsciously forgot their life partner. And slowly drove them apart without they realized.

 

At Seoul Supreme Prosecutor’s Office…

Kim Rae Won just arrived at parking lot in black car. He wore formal grey suit and brought bag in his hand. He looked so damn hot. He looked at his watch and walked to the entrance door using his ID card. Beep.

“Keomsa-nim, we just got a big evidence from investigator for Congressman Jung’s case”. Lee Jun Ho approached Rae Won in speed. He was Kim Rae Won’s junior and he helped him to solve every case he was taken. They’ve been working together since Mr. Lee came first time to work here. And across Rae Won’s table, there was Mr. Seo Jin Woo. He also helped Rae Won to solve the case alongside Mr. Lee.

“Really?”. Rae Won sat down and quickly opened the file Lee Jun Ho gave. He read it thoroughly. It was a slush fund file. Gotcha. He just caught a big fish. It wouldn’t release freely from the hook. He’s been working on Congressman Jung’s corruption for a month. And when he could charge him to prison, he just lacked of evidence. So, he wouldn’t let this opportunity go. Rae Won was aware, this corruption would lead him to something bigger.

“Jin Woo-yah, quickly send warrant letter! We need to work fast”. He smirked.

Rae Won and his co-workers just arrived at Congressman Jung’s office with sudden appearance.

“What is this? Kim keomsa, what are you doing in my office right now? Do you think I will let this happen?”.  Congressman Jung tried to send them out.

“Search and bring everything!”, Rae Won ordered to all his co-workers.

Congressman Jung was just speechless when suddenly he felt so dizzy and collapsed on the floor.

“Congressman! Congressman, please wake up”. Congressman Jung’s secretary tried to shake his head to wake him up. “Please call ambulance!”, he shouted to everybody there who might hear him.

 

At Gookil University Hospital..

“Dr. Park, a man collapsed in his office and he was on the way here. And also he was a congressman”. Dr. Kang tried to report emergency patient to Park Shin Hye. Shin Hye was in charge at emergency room.

“Arrasseo”. She walked fast to ER with Dr. Choi followed her behind. Dr. Choi Kang Soo was Chief Intern in Neuro Department. Shin Hye came inside ER and checked congressman’s reflex who laid unconscious on the bed.

“Kang Soo-ya, let’s have CT scan check!”. Shin Hy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter