Long Way to Go

Open Up Will Ya?

Outside Indoor Gym, After School

SEJEONG POV

Right now i'm standing in front of the indoor gym, with my bestie, Kim Nayoung. We were waiting for my precious little sister, Mina. well our sure name is different. She's Kang and mine is Kim. That's because Her Father Married with my Mom and she become my step sister. All of the students and even teachers know about it. But although i love her so much, waiting her to until she done practice cheerleading thing.. is a burden. "when will My dearest dongsaeng show up.. i'm tired waiting." Well its already been two hours and I’m so damn hungry. The three of us will go to the newest chicken restaurant after this. "Don't act like a kid.. you're a senior now. just hang in there for a bit." tsk. this giant..

Nayoung and I just stand near the door and waited mina impatiently.. While we waited for a long time, some of the students greeted me and waved at me. “waiting for mina, sejeong-ssi?” I nod and gave’em a frown. They squealed and said how cute I am. People who came and greeted me were not only those girls, but a few more greeted me and also praised my cute and beauty face. And also my kindess because i still spent my time to wait my sister. Hahaha! Well can’t denied it tho.. I’m the most popular girl in this all-girl school hahaha.

A few minute later, girls with white and red Varsity jacket came out from the indoor gym and i knew it is the cheerleader squad. Damn i really wish i can be tall and skinny as them. well..  by them of course I exclude my cutie chubby Mina tho... hahaha "hey look its Mina coming. Mina!" Nayoung yelled while she's peaking from the door. I try to look into the gym but suddenly, i froze for a sec. a black haired girl walking slowly towards the exit door, with her pink headphone in her ears, and she just walked passed me gracefully. Damn that sleepy eyes.... i really fell for her. 

"Hey Eonni! Sejeong eonni!" I focused my sight on Mina who's now looking full of curiosity. "its there something bothering you?" asked her. "Yes. Someone bothering my mind to be exact.” I said. “You know a girl? Your teammate? A chest-length black hair, short, her eyes looked sleepy and she wore a pink headphone. Who is she?" Mina's Eye smile suddenly appears and i know it is a good sign. "Ah! She's not my teammate.. she's like our advisor." said Mina. "Her name is Kim Chungha. She's in third year." What? she's same age as me? that small girl? 

"Why i never saw her? no. why i never saw a beauty like her?!" I asked. “You fell for her?” asked Mina. “Who won’t? geez she is like an angel!” I said. Its weird tho.. I never attract to someone this fast… “I know why you never saw her. Because you're so stupid. That's why." i smacked Nayoung on the back and she glared at me right away. “It’s not relevant!” I said. “well it did! Since you are stupid, you’re not paying any attention towards your surroundings. And you probably also didn't know, apparently that black haired girl is my CLASSMATE." My eyes widened in shock. How come i never even got the same class with her?

"You are too focused on your band eonni. That's why. and fyi, chungha eonni is sooo kind. and if eonni really likes her, don't you ever played her. or else i will hate you for my entire life!" whoa.. she must be really kind huh, since my dearest sister even threaten me like that... "ah come on. i'm hungry right now! let's go to chicken restaurant!" I walked as Nayoung dragged me with my mind still full of her face. Kim Chungha from class 3-A. God! this year is going to be great!!


Class 3-A, The next day, Lunch Break

AUTHOR POV

Every students start dashing out the moment they heard the bell rang. but its different with this one student. she just sat in her chair, enjoying her own lunch box while listening music through her pink headphone. She's not the type that enjoyed being surrounded by many people. that's why she always eat her lunch in class. while her head moving following the melody she heard in her headphone, something made her head stop. not something but someone. That person grinning so wide and it creeped her out. At this moment, she turned off the music and hanging her headphone in her neck. “Hel…lo?” the other’s grinned more wide as chungha greet her. "You must be kim chungha right?" the headphoned girl nod.

 "And.... you are?" The other girl got shock a bit but then again she smiled. "My name is Kim Sejeong. i'm from class 3-D. hehhe" Chungha bow her head "Nice to meet….you?" said her with an uncertainty look. But the other just smile so widely. "It's a pleasure for me to meet you chungha-ssi." Sejeong just smile happily while chungha think that sejeong is weird in many aspect.  "Do you need something? or can i help you with something?" asked chungha. "Well not right now maybe next time. i already know your name right now hehe. that's all i need.” Sejeong said still with that creepy grind in her face. “How about we have a lu—“ Suddenly, someone shut sejeong’s mouth. “I’m sorry chungha-ssi. Don’t mind this wierdo. Well catch you later, see ya!” Kim Nayoung, the class pres dragged Sejeong out of Chungha’s sight and left her with a dumbfounded moment. "Why on earth that our class president have a weird friend like her?" mumbled Chungha. She decided to let that things flow and continue eating with music accompanied her.

.

.

.

"Hey Chungha!" Chungha jumped from her chair as she shocked by the sudden appearance of her friends. "YA you guys wanna kill me?" They just sat around chungha and start to open their lunch. "Well don't blame us. blame your headphone for making you deaf." said One of them. “Why are you guys here again? this isn't your class you know.” Said chungha. "jalmogeseumnidaa" said them ignoring chungha’s question.

Chungha watched those three girls eating their lunch. the fact that all of them is from other class and every lunch break they always visit her class, made her felt guilty. "you guys don't have to come here every lunch break you know.." said chungha. "you don't like crowd but you like being lonely?" asked jieqiong. one of the cheerleader team member. "Of Course not...it's just.. you know you--" The other girl just put a rolled egg into chungha's mouth. "just eat that." said the leader, Im Nayoung. While chungha still looked sorry. "You don't have to look like that chungha. we just wanna spent our time with you. that's all. now, let's finish our meal shall we?" chungha smiled at chaeyong words. "thank you guys."

Chungha is a sweet and kind girl. that's why she has many friends and all of them really care to her and understand her well. They all know that she never enjoy being in crowded place. well actually she afraid of it. she had a bad memories about being in crowded place and untill know, she can't even eat in the cafeteria without shaking and feeling anxious. she never joins school ceremony and she never even went to school festival. because of that, she barely know anything about this school. for three years, all she care and know is about her dear friends, and what happen to the cheerleader squad.. And because of chungha’s phobia, her friend every day visit her class and spending their break time together. 

15 minutes later, those group finish their lunch and start chit-chatting. While those group chit-chatting and laughing together, suddenly they stop as someone approached and even greet chungha. "Hi! chungha-ssi!" They stopped and shocked not only because it’s rare that someone greeted Chungha, but also because of the person who greet her now. "oh?! Stone nayoung! you're her friends? Yaah~ this world is so small." Nayoung waved at that girl while chungha give Nayoung 'how-did-you-know-her?' look. But the stone Nayoung just do what stone do. She remain silence and pokerfaced. "well i just want to grab nayoung's wallet which she left in her bag and.. i also wanted to give you this. hope you like it. byee." and she left with a pink wallet in her left hand. the moment that girl left, chungha's desk turn to be an interrogation desk. 

"What. Was. Happening?!" asked jieqiong shocked. "She just gave me a strawberry milk which is my favorite. so what?" all of them slapped their forehead disbelief at the clueless chungha. “Don’t you dare so-what-me young lady!” Said Jieqiong. “Why? Is just a girl. So—“ Chaeyong hurriedly cut chungha the moment chunga spoke ‘just a girl’.  "Wait, you don't know her?" asked Chaeyong. "She's kim Sejeong from class D. aah that's why she knows you nayoung-ah. she's your classmate!" Jieqiong grab chungha's shoulder and shake it hard. "SHE IS MORE THEN THAT! She is our school's STAR chungha! she is 101 Band's main vocalist! the most gentle and kindest girl ever! how you didn't even know her?" Chungha's eyes got widened. "Oh my... she's that popular?" all of them nod hard. "but why people admire her so much? she's weird to me.." said chungha. "you are the weird one chungha." said jieqiong. "but i heard she's a flirt." said Nayoung. "Yeah i heard it too." said Chaeyong. “Screwed up with that rumor! She’s really kind you know.” Said jieqiong again. Chungha even thoughts that maybe jieqiong is also one of sejeong’s fans. 

"Yes! she's a nice person to be honest. we often doing a group project together and yeah she's nice." said Nayoung. "well i'm not interested in her so don't worry guys i'll not fall fo--" again, jieqiong shake her sholder hard. "You should fall for her!!!" chungha grab jieqiong's shoulder and said. "cut. it. out!" as soon as that, the bell rang and they bid goodbye


Class 3-A, A Few Weeks after that

CHUNGHA POV

its been a few weeks since that girl name sejeong always come to me and gave me something like chocolate, milk, pudding, cake and other thing. am i that skinny so she keep giving me food? and each time she saw me, she would saying hi too me with the most creepiest smile i've ever seen... what a weirdo... and lunch break is going to come a minute again and it means she'll also come at that time. well i'm not hating her or what.. just sometimes when she talked to me, i sense many eyes watching me and it freaks me out. 

*ting nong neng nong*

Great the bell rang. as soon as that, i decided to go out the class while holding my lunch box and go stright to the library. nobody would be in there  in the middle of lunch break right ? but damn. i've chosen the most stupid decision.. i forgot that the library located near the cafeteria and the moment i arrived, i saw so many people standing around there. so packed.. oh gosh.. i felt my body shaking and my head kind of dizzy. Please stay awake for a moment..  you can control it Chungha! just a few more step you can go to the library!

but i'm aware that people staring at me and wishpering something while they looked at me. when i saw something simmilar to it, it just made my head dizzier. Oh no. the world is spinning..

Until suddenly. black.

.

.

.

"ha sshiii..."

"naaa..."

"Chungha-ssi ireonaa. Chunghaa-ssi!" when i hear that loud noise, i slowly open my eyes and saw a tall girl looked so worried. "finally you wake up. are you okay?" that voice is familiar.. aaah the class pres. "W-where am i?" i asked to kim nayoung. not the stone one. "you're in school health room." said her. ah.. i passed out huh? "are you sick or something?" i shook my head. "no i'm not. just dizzy." i can't tell her that i passed out because of the crowd. it's weird. 

she gave me a glass of water and i gladly accept it. "thank you for the water and.. brought me here." i said.  she shook her head and said, "oh no no! I’m not the one who brought you here.. My friend did it but right now, She’s out searching for your friends. Oh.. this from her." nayoung gave me a bottle of strawberry milk.  "she really panicked you know.. the moment she saw you fell." Said her. “who is sh—“

"Chungha!!!" suddenly the door open so wide and i saw all my friends looked so panicked and rush towards me. I also saw Kim Nayoung slowly slip away and mouthed goodbye before she went out. "Are you okay?! god i'm so worried when i can't find you in class! if this stone don't drag us to this room we would never know!" said jieqiong. she's always the hippest one. i don't know where she got those energy from.

"Did you hurt yourself?" asked im Nayoung

"is your head okay? Did it slammed hard to ther floor?" asked chaeyong

"did you wanna puke or something? Did yo--" asked jieqiong.

"Guys! guys! guys! i'm okay right now. i just got a panic attack that’s all." Suddenly they were quiet and staring each other. “Panicked? You went to the crowded place?” I slowly nod. Hope they won’t scolding me. But I was wrong. Right before They scolding me, I cut and explain the reason.

“I just wanna have a lunch at the library. But I forgot that It located near cafeteria.. but I’m okay now really.” i thought it would make them calm. but nope i was wrong. “are you sure about that?” I nod. “Its not really a big deal. I’v always struck by the panic att—“. "But you never fainted chungha!! its a serious matter!" said chaeyong. whoa.. i never now this calm girl can yell at me.. "well it because i'm alone and.. too many people in there so i passed out. but don't worry i won't do that again. i promise." 

just when they become more calmer then the first time they came, others came and change this peaceful room to be a ruckus room. "eonni!!! chungha eonni! my dearest eonni!!! are you okay?! did your head hurt?! did your head bump the floor hard?! did you still remember me?! did y-" i thank to nayoung for stopping these two girls. "geez...both of you are so loud. i'm okay my dear yoojung, somi. I just panicked that's all." 

*Ting nong ning nong*

"girls, you can go back to your class. the break is over." said the doctor. "no! i won't leave chungha eonni by herself! NEVVAAAAH!" aw.. this little yoojung. "me too!" somi and yoojung hug me while the other just shook their head. “Such a drama queen…” said Jieqiong "that’s enough guys. Its just an alibi because you don't want to study right? come on!" jieqiong and chaeyong drag those two out of the room. Hahaha.. those two really cheered me up.

 Just when I wanted to go out of the bed, the doctor hold me. "You should stay and rest for a while chunga-ssi. and nayoung-ssi, you can go back to your class." Said the doctor. “But I’m okay right now.” I said. “Just do what the doctor said you stoned head hamster.” Its weird when a stone called others a stone. Nayoung bow politely to the doctor. And left but before she went out the door, she suddenly turn around and smirking. “You really should give your hero a big thanks you know. I knew you fainted because of her. Get well soon ms.KIM.” and she left. What with that smirk.. that stone never smirk at me before

"you fainted because you scared, chungha-ssi?” i nod. all of the teachers knew about my fear, my phobia. she patted my shoulder and smile. "it's okay.. just rest, i will inform you teacher." she said. i just nod. "eum.. ma'am, do you know, who brought me here?" i asked. she try to remember it and she finally spoke. "The one who brought you here is kim Sejeong. She was indeed looked really panicked.." i just smile. don't know what to reply. oh gosh that sejeong... why she always so kind to me? those gifts, and now this? then how should i repay her? Huh.. well let’s just have some rest.

.

.

.

M Senior High Health Room, 17.00PM

i felt something bumped my hand, and i slowly open my eyes. I saw a clock right across of me and its 5pm... Oh God school already ended? i must be tired.... Since I slept more than 2 hours.. But just when I change my position into sitting (?), i saw a girl with a red backpack hanging in her back, sleeping with her head on top of my hand. so she's the one who woke me up. i saw my bag is already in there so maybe my friend brought it here. wait there is a letter..

Dear chungha, we left for practice in jieqiong's house you don't have to join, just rest in your home. and yoojung said that she can't go home with you because of her group project. be safe on your way home. love Nayoung.

wait a sec... if all of my friends are away, then...Who is she? 

i patted her shoulder to wake her up, since its already past school time. "hey wak-" suddenly she rose and she blinked for a several time. maybe she's trying to adjust. Oh God.. it’s her again. another debt.

"you should go ho-" at that moment, she looked at me with a shocked face. and to be honest, she looked really funny. "Chungha-ssi?! are you okay? are you feeling better now? oh my god! how could i overslept!" her face turn to be funnier as she start to panic. held your laugh chungha! its not polite. "c-chungha-sshi?" oh god i can't hold it! "Hahahaha! you should saw your  face sejeong-ssi! your bangs are a mess, there's a droll in your face and..pfttttt buahahah!! your face is so funny!" i thought she would mad, but i was wrong. her panic face, turn to be more stupid as she grind so wide as her eyes smile pop up. "Stop it! you're making it worse!" i said while holding my stomach. she didn't listen to me. argh my stomach is really hurt i can help it anymore. i tidied her bangs, her collar, and offered her tissue to clean her droll. her face turned red the moment i did her bangs. or its just my imagination? "T-thanks.. w-well let's go home, shall we?" I just nod and we departed from the health room.

along the way to the gate, sejeong resisted to bring all of my thing. she just lending me my headphone, while my bag is now in her hand. i already refused tho but she didn't care and want to bring it with her. again... why she is so nice to me? did she need anything from me?

"hey chungha-ssi!" i stop for a sec, and look back towards Sejeong who's still behind me. "where are you going?" she asked. "bus stops." she approached me and grab my hand. "how could you be so slow minded chungha-ssi.. come." she dragged me into a small white car and made me sat on the front seat. aah.. so when she said lets go home it means she's going to give me a ride huh? "you don't have to do this you know.." i said. "it's okay! Besides, i don't do anything afterschool so don't worry hehe." the car engine is starting and slowly the car moving. one more debt.

SEJONG POV

On the way back to chungha's house, mostly i'm the one who talked and sometimes she asked me one or two questions regarding 101 band or my daily activity. i also tried to tell her some of jokes i know. i tried to helped her laugh and it worked. i'm glad to she her smiling and laughing like that, after i saw her fainted during the break.. i really can't concentrate to anything and start to think she had a severe illness but she seems okay now. and i'm happy with it. 

With this conversation, i realized that she's not the type who enjoy hangout in mall or cafe. she didn't even eat in restaurant and i also realized and believe what nayoung said about chungha. she is really kind and when she laugh, oh god i don't know how to describe it.. just a total beauty.

Now we're stuck on a traffic. damn i chose the wrong road. but the good side is, i can spend my time more longer with her and get to know her more. hehe thank god. "say chungha-ssi what is yo-- chungha-ssi? are you okay?" she looked so pale and i can see that she's shaking. oh god.. what's wrong with her?

She closed her eyes and grip her skirt hard. what should i do?? this is not a car sickness since she not puking.. then what? she's shaking like someone who afraid about something...ah screw about being polite! i just grab her hand and hope she can calm down a bit. "chungha-ssi i'm here. you're not alone." her hand was cold as ice and it really worried me alot. i kept held her hand while the car is moving slowly. as the other cars keep honking, chungha's body begun to shake more. is she afraid of traffic?

finaly we're free from the traffic and chungha's hand become warm again but she still shaking. as i wanted to let go my hand, she spoke with a trembling voice. "j-just hold on f-for a sec." she held my hand hard and sometimes i can saw her try to control her breath. well i just wish she is okay and she will not see my tomato face..

After a quite long trip, we arrived at her house. it such a pity tho.. i hope i can spend much longer time with her. "s-sejong-ssi.. you know about what happend earlier.. i can't explain it to you now.. Because its a personal thing.. is it okay?" i smiled and nod. then she start to smile. "and one more thing.. you know.. you always so kind too me. i don't know how to repay you but thank you so much." she said. "i- it's nothing! you don't have to repay me." i said. "but it means a lot for me tho. Especially the time you brought me to the health room, inform my friends and when you helped me to calm down... just tell me how to repay all of this? i don't like being in debt with anyone.."  oh dear heart, stop pounding so fast.. you could killed me!

"you don't have to consider it as a debt chungha-ssi." she frowned and pouted cutely. i think she will keep insisting to repay me… hm… what should i ask.. what should i... AHA! "okay! if you insist so much.. then.. You can repay it with your phone number." she looked me with confused. "A what?" she asked me. "Your phone number. hehe" did i ask to much?  "my phone number?" i nod while smile happily. i never know i can be this brave tho hahaha. "seriously? you just need my phone number to repay everything you've done to me?" i nod again while offering her my phone. "why you want a simple thing as that?" she asked and grabbed my phone. she typed something in my phone and gave it to me when she's done. "its not a simple thing for me. it means everything. thank you so much hehehe." i grined widely as i can't control my happiness well yea! i got chungha's phone number!

"you really are weird sejong-ssi." she walked to door and wanted to go in but she stopped the moment she saw I stay and didn’t move a bit. "you can go now sejong-ssi. thanks for everything." she said. "no prob! i'll text you later okayy! get well soon chungha-ssi!" when she entered her house, i also went in to my car and start drove back to my home. god i really love this day!!!


Kim Sejeong's Room, 20.00 PM

one hour ago, i texted chungha like this

Hi Chungha-ssi! It’s me Sejeong! what are you doing now? hehehe

5 minute later, she answered it

Hi sejeong-ssi. i'm just studying.

then i reply it again.

you have an exam tomorrow?

again i must await a long time for her to reply. and the moment the message came, it froze me a sec. not because she flatter me or anything.. because it too short. 

No.

ooh you really like studying huh? well goodluck with it and don't forget to eat! good night!

and it already went 30 minute since my last message but still no reply.  just as i thought she already open up with me.. i was wrong. i still have a long way to go. Sejeong Fighting!!



Author notes:

Hi GUYS!!! SeChung Mansae!!!
I'M SOOO SORRY For the late update..... i've been busy with collage events and assignment so yeah i try my best to update early next time..

about the story, at first i wanna finished it as a oneshoot but then i changed my mind and change it into a few chapters story. TBH.. Writing a story with two nayoung on a same times it confused me alot.. hahaha welllll! hope you guys like it and please wait patiently for the next chapterr~

BTW... IOI COMEBACK THIS MONTH WITH OT11 AND A SONG PRODUCED BY JYP!!! YEAH!

feel free to subscribe,upvote, or comment~


Kamsahamnida~