Aiko .. jealous..??

Pen Palz

"Ugggghhhhhhhh!" Aiko slammed her lunch tray onto the table. I slid into the seat next to her. I was curious as to why she was acting this way.. Dai-tai went to sit with her new boyfriend, at the 'jock-y table.' 

"Yah! What's gotten into you...?" I asked her suspiciously while chewing on some bread. She gritted her teeth and clenched her fists. Her face was full of anger towards someone. I'm guessing it's towards Ty .. 

"How dare he take our little Dai-tai away from us!! Just who does he think he is?!?!?" She rampaged and stabbed her pineapple with her fork. I flinched. She truly scares me when she's angry.

"Aiko .. she seems really happy with him .. we should be happy for her as well.." I tried to comfort. She growled and rolled her eyes. 

"Whatever .." She slumped in her chair and pouted. "So .. any other news about your pen pal?" She shook off the whole jealousy thing.

"Haha. Well .. he's 17 .. only a couple of months older than me .. and his band is a huge Kpop band!" I took a bite of my juicy, red apple and smiled at her. She rolled her eyes and groaned.

"Aigoo. Yah! Why are you being so cute? Come here." She grabbed a napkin and wiped my face. Aiko Onni always took care of me as if I were her daughter. That's how close of friends we were. She always acted like an Omma to me and an Appa to Dai-tai Onni. Of course I'm the maknae though.

I tried to poke a hole in my juice box. I was frustrated with the darn thing and soooo .. I pouted and gave up. She just giggled at me and sighed.

"Aish. Our adorable Aegi Hyun .. She's too admirably cute!!" Aiko swooned. She poked the hole in my fruit-punch drink for me. I looked up at her greatly and flashed my meekly smile. This lead her to pinching my cheeks.

"Hehe. Onni. I think I am going to write a letter to him as soon as I get home! Would you like to come over today Onni..?" 

She brushed a strand of her hair away from her face and smirked. She was an only child and only had Dai-tai Onni and I as her siblings. Actually, I myself, have a little brother. My father is Korean and my mother is Japanese. My father passed away when I was eight so it was just me, Hyunshik, and Omma left. 

"Haha. Of course! I've got nothing better to do anyways .." She twirled her hair and smiled at me. She continued to eat her salad delicately. I hated the fact that Aiko is self-concious about herself, or more like her whole body .. because in almost everyone's eyes .. she was a gem. A model. She kept insisting that she's fat but no one believes her. She is too beautiful that most girls envied her. Including me.

"Great! So .. should we order Chinese take-out this time..?" I suggested. She tapped her fork against her lips. 

"Hmm .. it depends. Do we have Hyunshik tonight?"

I shamefully nodded. I mean, I love my brother but sometimes he was just a total nuisance to me. But since Aiko doesn't have any siblings .. She would spend time with me and my younger brother because she was amused by our constant playing around with each other. So Hyunshik was practically used to her already. He saw her as another Noona.

"I guess we can still order take-out .. Hmm .. I don't think Dai-tai will come .. she's too busy with that boy." She rolled her eyes and glared at Dai-tai and her boyfriend. I sighed. Uh oh. Here she goes again .. being jealous over Onni because she has a boyfriend now ...

"Onni .. are you sure you aren't .. um .. jealous..??"

"What?!?! Me?? Why, that's absurd!!" She defended. I flinched. She truly is scary ..

"Well .. it seems to me that you want Dai-tai to hang out with us again .. you seem .. jealous."

"Hyunjin .. you have no idea what you are talking about. I'm fine. She could be with a monkey for all I care! She's old enough to do what she wants.. she.." Aiko Onni paused. She exhaled softly. "Okay .. I admit .. I'm a little jealous that my other younger sister has a boyfriend before me .." I rubbed her arm gently.

"Onni .. it's okay. You'll find someone great! Don't worry about it!!~"

"But how can you be so sure ..? What if I end up dieing alone with no one .."

"Aye .. don't say that!! I'm 100% positive that you'll find someone great later on." I comforted. She snorted. She began playing with her salad.

"I just wish .. that person came sooner .." Aiko Onni sighed. I frowned. I hate it whenever my friends are sad. It makes me uber sad too.

"Well .. we better hurry up and eat before the bell rings .."

"Yeah..."