The Assignment

Pen Palz

I got assigned to a Korean pen pal. Yes! Just what I was hoping for! This is going to be the most funnest Junior project this year!! I'm so excited! I can't wait!! I hope he knows kpop ... and is easy to talk to. I also hope to learn a lot of Korean stuff from him. Eeeeeeeeeekkkk!! Wait .. I hope we don't have to meet up .. I'd be too nervous to say anything..

"Oh! Yah! Hyunjin-ah!~ Annyeong!" My friend Suzuki Aiko said as she came running up to me. She's my Japanese-American friend. She told me she studies Korean and Japanese because she thinks it is soo interesting and she loves Kpop and Jpop too.

"Haha. Hi Aiko!~"

"Who did you get Hyunjin-ah..?"

"Oh? I got a boy named Kimchi from a band called "Double A."

"Hm? Kimchi .. that's Korean! Omo! Chukkahaeyo! You got your wish!!" She hugged me.

"What about you Aiko?"

"Hm? Oh! Ye! I got a girl from Japan.. You're SOOOO lucky you have a guy .. especially one from Korea!! So unfair!" She pouted. I chuckled.

"Haha. Mian."

"Anie. It's okay. Haha."

"Omo! Where's Wang Dai-tai ssi?"

"Omo..I think she's still in the classroom. We should probably go check on her."

"Nae. Araseo."

Aiko and I headed back towards the classroom to find Dai-tai. She's our Chinese-American friend. Yes .. I guess you can say I hang out with the Asians .. -.- Don't judge me.

"Dai-tai ssi..?" Aiko called out as she peeked her head through the door. She half whispered it.

We were about to go inside the classroom when Aiko raised up her hand to stop me. We ducked by the wall and snuck a peak in to the classroom. It looked like she was sleeping .. at her desk. Which is only natural for her .. but I wondered why we weren't going inside so I tugged on her sleeve.

"Yah..! What's going on..? Why can't we go in..?" I whispered.

"Yah! Babo! Shhhhhhh!!" She held her index finger to her lips and stared at me. We took another peak inside of the classroom. A boy was heading her way .. who was it?

"Dai-tai..? Are you awake?"

"Mmmm...?" She yawned and rubbed her eyes. "Oh. Yes..? Can I help you?"

"Oh .. uhh .. I'm in your Homeroom .. It's me. Ty."

"Ty, huh? Oh yes. Now I remember. What do you need?"

"I-I was just wondering .. if you .."

"If I...?"

"Ugh! Screw this. Dai-tai.. I like you." He handed her a boquet of flowers that were hidden from behind his back. Aiko and I gasped. They both looked our way. We ducked.

"Uh .. y-you like me..? How is that possible..?"

"Huh? Oh .. ever since I first met you. You showed me around because I was new .. I instantly liked you."

"How can that be..? You just got here last semester.. and besides .. you barely know me.."

"Oh. Well uh .. I've been kind of .. falling you around lately .. and I think I kinda do. I'm sorry." He rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. Then he gave her a chinky smile. She chuckled. Dai-tai loves chinky smiles ..

"Really..? Wow. Thank you so much. For the flowers, for liking me, and all. You're too kind." She smiled and touched his arm. His eyes grew wide.

"So will you think about it?????" His hopes were high and his face was lit. She nodded.

"Yes. I will think about it ... Ty." She hesitantly kissed him on his cheek. His face was red like a tomato. She even blushed a little.

"Dai-tai .. you're an angel!" He said while squeezing her tightly. He got so excited he even started jumping up and down while holding on to her. That guy's NUTS! He must be a fool to act that way ... but as long as he's a fool for our Dai-tai .. then he must be worth it.

Aiko and I giggled to ourselves. Ooooolala! Dai-tai's got a boyfriend! He's pretty cute too. Ty made the right choice in picking our Dai-tai. But .. if he ever hurts her Aiko and I will make sure to pulverize his face and chop him into smitherines!! That's how much we love and care for Dai-tai. ^^d

We heard footsteps coming our way. We leaned against one of the walls and acted as if we never heard or seen anything. The adorable pair walked out of the classroom and Dai-tai looked embarrassed to see us there.

"Oh! H-how long were y-you guys th-there..?" She asked shyly.

"Heh. Long enough to know that you two should be a couple." Aiko said straightout without thinking. I hid behind her awkwardly. Dai-tai's face became flush. She was seriously shy about this.

"S-so you guys .. um .. know..?"

"Know what..?"

"That .. we're a .. couple now..?" Dai-tai was looking at the ground shyly and making circles with her feet while Ty was looking around awkwardly and rubbed the back of his neck.

"MWOH??" Aiko and I said in unison. She actually accepted?? Wow! That's a first!

"Omo.. so you guys didn't know ..?"

"Well obviously you just told us ...!!" Aiko said sarcastically. Dai-tai's face grew even more redder. We never noticed until know but they were holding hands.

"I'm sorry guys. Anyways, this is my new boyfriend .. Ty."

"Hello." He said nervously.

"Hi." I said while bowing. "I'm Hyunjin. Nice to meet you Ty." We shook hands. "Take care of our Dai-tai .. mm?" He smiled and nodded. He turned to Aiko and got scared a bit.

"Yah!! If you ever .. I repeat .. EVER .. hurt our Dai-tai .. I will make sure .. that you suffer and pay the consequences. Understand???" He stepped back.

"Uh. Yes ma'am! I will love and protect Dai-tai!" He blurted. Dai-tai blushed and squeezed his hand. He smiled at her and pinched her left cheek. "Awwwh too cute."

"Araseo. Fine. You guys can be together .." Aiko admitted. I giggled. Aiko tends to act like a caring father to us all the time.

"Really? Oh thank you so much!-"

"Just call me Aiko."

"Okay Aiko! Thank you!"

"Eh. Just remember what I said. GOT IT??"

"Yes! Wow! BEST DAY EVER!!! Dai-tai ..? Honey..? I have to go meet up with some friends is that okay?"

"Oh? Uh sure. Go on!~"

"I promise to be right back sweetie. Okay?"

"Haha. Okay. Go. See you soon." She smiled. He quickly kissed her cheek and scamped off somewhere.

"Y-Yah!! What kind of boyfriend is that?? He should of took you with him, Dai-tai! Honestly, what do you see in him?"

"Life. Hope. Safety. Love." Dai-tai said while reminiscing of him and gazing where he ran away.

"Aigoo. Our little Dai-tai is lovestruck." I said while waving a hand in front of her face. Aiko just rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Let's go Dai-tai." She linked her arm with Dai-tai and held out her other one to me. I linked mines with hers and we started walking down the hallway. This is going to be the best year EVER. ><

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

A/N: Gamsahabnida chingus!! >< Mianhae for the really long wait. I'm greatful to all of you subscribers and I really hope you enjoy this story. Feedback is welcomed as long as it's appropriate. Well, besides all that .. how do you think the first chapter went? ^^ Is it too long..? Let me know what you think and you may add me as a friend if you want!~ Oohs. Or you could check out my other fanfics as well! I promise to work hard for you guys. Take care. I love every single one of you! Saranghaeyo!~ Take care! *Bows*