A start of something complicated.

Story of You and I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

2017, January 3. Gimpo, Airport

I rested my back against the seat the moment I reached it; unknowingly a heavy sigh came out of my shivering mouth. My eyes felt heavier all of a sudden, and as I peak onto the plane’s window, the pain slowly becomes unbearable. Is this it?

“Here “A voice suddenly startles me, a woman’s hand holding a tissue reached out to me, so I gladly took it, I didn’t notice that I was already crying. “I don’t mean to intervene, but if you need to talk to someone, cause you know, we’re gonna be travelling for almost thirteen hours. But if you don’t, I’ll keep quiet and give you your space “ then she finishes it off with a genuine smile.

“That’s very kind of you. Thank you, but I think I just need that space” then I return my sight out the window, but after some minutes…. I turn to the person beside me and ask “ Do you believe that we write our own stories in life? That this life that we’re living, every day that passes is like a new page in a book? “

“uh, Do you ?” She answers me with another question, how clever; I pause before I answered her.

“ I used to, I used to believe that my passion for something is enough for me to have it, that when I want something so bad I could get it, as long as I work hard. Funny how that belief made me trip and fall. “

The smile on her face remain, then she asks me something, “ let’s say you could write your own destiny, what would you change ? “

“I want us to be the one who got married, and be together until the last page. I want to be the one that she chooses”

2011, October 25, Diadem Academy

“ All students of Class A-1 go back in your room as there will be an important meeting, “ announced the class president. A demure girl, but with an authoritarian voice so all her classmates followed her immediately. She’s a long haired girl, has a nice sharp nose, and pinkish, plump lips, but what outstands  her the most from all the other girls in their academy is her eyes, which resembles a Cyclops, as they joke, but in serious talk, they’re what captures the boys’ hearts, sometimes girls too.

“ Mrs. Lee messaged me that she wouldn’t be able to attend class for about a month, because of her upcoming wedding. So, she’s leaving us a task. Music Video, from our own composed song. But it’ll be a group project she said, five members each, so it wouldn’t be that rush since five brains would be working.  And since we’re from a star section she’s expecting that we’ll be able to apply all the lessons she taught. “ Then the girl sits down after saying.  “ Five minutes to choose your groupmates. “

“ Jiyeon, do you want to group with me ? “ A tall boy, with a fair skin complexion, and a pretty boy aura, whom they call Thunder, and is labeled ‘ one of the hotties ‘ in their class, asked her.

“ Yah Cheondung! Stop, Jiyeon is mine, “ another boy asked, JB, the dancing machine. Then followed by two girls.

Jiyeon smiled at them, but another girl stands out from the rest. “ Hi, have you chosen your group already ? if not, do you want to be in mine ? “ it’s actually the first time this person asked her for something since she’s always the one asking her to do something, and almost every professors too, ofcourse it’s pretty normal since she’s the secretary.

“ Yes, sure. “ Their classmates left with a heavy look on their face, and some were left at the back disappointed, since they were just about to ask their secretary to be on their team. The Goddess of their room and the y secretary were on the same team, it would be a challenge to them, considering they have great voices too. 

“ Okay time’s up, each group will choreograph and compose a song for about thirty days, it’s okay to hire a choreographer, but never ask anyone other than your group mates for an idea about what song to write. So, we have five groups right ? “ Jiyeon turned her eyes to the secretary. “ could you get the names of each group and their members. “

“ Okay. “. It’s Jiyeon, she’d do anything she asks, so she replied with a smile on her face. The secretary, is almost as popular as Jiyeon in their Academy, she’s known for her great ability to rap, and singing high notes, and boys also admire her iness, and her dagger look every time she performs a y dance, she’s like a wild animal when onstage, which is quite the contrary when she’s not. She’s a very reserve and patient person, maybe one of the reasons how she’s kept her feelings for their class president for half a year now. She’s been waiting for that so called ‘timing’ and maybe this is what she’s been waiting for. But the bigger problem now is, how she’s going to handle things, especially when nobody knows her ual preference.

“ okay guys that’s all, thank you for cooperating. “  

 “Sunyoung-ah “ called someone, Hyomin, it’s the name that she’s been called by a lot of people, Park Sunyoung, is what her real name is, and there’s only one person who calls her that. Her smile widen unknowingly as she sees her. It’s like even on her bad day, the mere presence of her would put a smile on her face, she’s really important to her, she’s her best friend after all. And it has been like that since grade school, even though she’s three years older, and she’s not from an elite family like the rest of the students in their school. 

“ I thought you wouldn’t come “ She wrapped her in a wide hug, it’s been a week since they saw each other on person. The older girl is busy on her part time jobs, and with her academics, she can’t afford to fail and lose her scholarship, especially on her last year. And Hy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter